• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk if it's been mentioned anywhere, but I saw where Bradley Bozeman got carted off the field today with a leg injury

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ran into this as some sports writers were giving out rookie grades so far( talk about desperate for the regular season)

KYLE HAMILTON

C+

“I'll start with the bad -- Hamilton missed three diving tackle attempts against the Titans. Otherwise, he showcased dynamic deep coverage ability, often erasing throwing lanes as they were materializing due to his fluid footwork at his intimidating size. If the diving attempts morph into clean, under-control closeouts, Hamilton will be fine.”

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ran into this as some sports writers were giving out rookie grades so far( talk about desperate for the regular season)

KYLE HAMILTON

C+

“I'll start with the bad -- Hamilton missed three diving tackle attempts against the Titans. Otherwise, he showcased dynamic deep coverage ability, often erasing throwing lanes as they were materializing due to his fluid footwork at his intimidating size. If the diving attempts morph into clean, under-control closeouts, Hamilton will be fine.”

worth noting that i dont think the ravens had done any live tackling practice before the game - we commonly see missed tackles in preseason 1 and tbh it's normally worse than it was

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
worth noting that i dont think the ravens had done any live tackling practice before the game - we commonly see missed tackles in preseason 1 and tbh it's normally worse than it was
I expect tackling to be ugly league wide as the emphasis on safety during training camp continues. Guys will probably find their footing again weeks 3-4

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yea i felt that for sure. Joe took WAY too much heat from outside fans and critics. He was a solid QB, but it morphed into those weird arguements where he has to be one of the best in the NFL or he was trash. Made no sense .
Joe was an extremely inconsistent qb, he had ugly games, ugly halves, and frequently, but man he had a knack for going on streaks in the fourth quarter to win games, and had a knack for outplaying the big shit qbs on huge stages

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

KYLE HAMILTON

C+

Honestly that’s spot on

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I expect tackling to be ugly league wide as the emphasis on safety during training camp continues. Guys will probably find their footing again weeks 3-4
That’s why the dramatic ass reactions are dramatic. Most of what they’ve done is just run up> 2 hand wrap> let go and both continue running, up to this point. Guys have no feel for angles right now, they haven’t really had to take in-game type angles and approaches.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Joe was an extremely inconsistent qb, he had ugly games, ugly halves, and frequently, but man he had a knack for going on streaks in the fourth quarter to win games, and had a knack for outplaying the big shit qbs on huge stages
Yep. Flacco was at his best in the biggest moments and the biggest games.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s why the dramatic ass reactions are dramatic. Most of what they’ve done is just run up> 2 hand wrap> let go and both continue running, up to this point. Guys have no feel for angles right now, they haven’t really had to take in-game type angles and approaches.

Harbs said as much in his presser after the game - he’d expected it to be worse but angles and tackle form were as expected and Hamilton was just a high-profile “victim” of it

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
My prediction is Trubisky will lose his job after the week 7 game and Pickett is QB1 starting week 8.
They do have a tough first 7 games (Cinci, NE, Clev, NYJ, Buf, TB, Mia) so I guess I wouldn't be surprised. I could also see them going 5-2, 4-3 if they got their run game on track and Trubisky was solid in an offense where he didn't feel the pressure to do it all.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
They do have a tough first 7 games (Cinci, NE, Clev, NYJ, Buf, TB, Mia) so I guess I wouldn't be surprised. I could also see them going 5-2, 4-3 if they got their run game on track and Trubisky was solid in an offense where he didn't feel the pressure to do it all.
I just can't see then being better than 4-3 and I'd really expect them to be 3-4.

Loss to Buffalo
Loss to TB
Loss to one of NE or Miami
Loss to one of Cincy or Cleveland