• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I won’t tell my wife you said that….lol! My wife loves Clemson and thinks he is awesome. For her, Saturday’s are all about the Clemson games and Sunday is all about her Steelers, except for their bye week. I had to buy my wife a Jags Trevor jersey for to wear during the bye week!
Well he was great at Clemson. Was also surrounded with talent while playing mostly inferior talent in the ACC. I was still so pumped to see them take down Bama twice.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I also have to live with her in Penguins gear in the Spring and Pirates gear in the summer. I can’t catch a break! The crosses I bear…lol!
Both of my parents are from Pittsburgh, good folks in western PA. You’re a lucky man despite having to put up with the trash sports fan hood. lol

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I didn’t know where to post this question so I thought I would just do it here. Many of you members are a lot smarter with the X’s and O’s than I am. I guess it is more me seeking information than asking a specific question.

The Ravens are one of the few teams that carry a traditional fullback and Ricard is a decent one. With our run game struggling, why are we not using him like we used to back in the day with our other great fullbacks? Back in the day they crashed the line doing 99 to let them running backs roll! Ricard is a big SOB, why not let him barrel forward for a yard instead of Davis? It seems to me every once in a while they may use Ricard to do a little QB protection at times and then he may slip out for a dump off pass. We can just use a big TE for that...right?

Why have a fullback if you are not going to use him? And if you really don’t use him, why waste a draft pick and a practice squad stop on Ben Mason? If our running game is so terrible why not put Ricard in and see if he can earn his bread and butter? It just makes no sense to me. I guess I am just a dinosaur, living in the “I” formation days. Sorry about all the questions in this post but can someone please help me understand all this? I am so confused!
I agree

I won’t tell my wife you said that….lol! My wife loves Clemson and thinks he is awesome. For her, Saturday’s are all about the Clemson games and Sunday is all about her Steelers, except for their bye week. I had to buy my wife a Jags Trevor jersey for to wear during the bye week!

Wasn't enough to join the PD in one of the highest crime rate areas in the world, thought you'd marry a Steelers fan too. You sir must love pain.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
for is to compete with kc,bills and chargers this season…..nvm.. next yr is our year
We had the same mentality last year and then we beat the Chiefs. It’s a long season and if we can get healthy we’ll be good

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
for is to compete with kc,bills and chargers this season…..nvm.. next yr is our year
Right, because all teams play the same week in and week out, and if the Dolphins blow is out, those teams must too.
Real life doesn't work that way, but I guess it does when you don't know what you're talking about...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Or a cb… or both
No reason to sign a Corner at this point. Appears Stephens will be back. So you'll have Peters, Marlon, Stephens and the two rookies out there. More depth than most teams have for sure. Nobody you're signing off the street is going to play over those guys.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Right, because all teams play the same week in and week out, and if the Dolphins blow is out, those teams must too.
Real life doesn't work that way, but I guess it does when you don't know what you're talking about...
Yea bad weeks are going to happen. I don’t get the despair after two weeks. I’m sure the true measure of this defense is the middle ground between the Jets win and the Dolphins blow out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean, through 2 games against good defences, im taking our pass offence against basically other passing offence in the league right now - only the bills have maybe been better... chargers have not been good to start the year

if we can find a running game and if we can get better play from the defence, we're an upper echelon AFC power team - we've got to find some solutions to the running game and get healthy on defence but not many teams are going to be able to compete with us with the passing game working the way it is