• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Right, because all teams play the same week in and week out, and if the Dolphins blow is out, those teams must too.
Real life doesn't work that way, but I guess it does when you don't know what you're talking about...
Ive said this before we even got blown out.. way in offseason i said next year was our year… we simply arent ready like bills are.. we arent even experienced enough. I mean we can prolly hang with kc but when it comes down to it, i just cant see us beating bills or chargers in playoffs..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i mean, through 2 games against good defences, im taking our pass offence against basically other passing offence in the league right now - only the bills have maybe been better... chargers have not been good to start the year

if we can find a running game and if we can get better play from the defence, we're an upper echelon AFC power team - we've got to find some solutions to the running game and get healthy on defence but not many teams are going to be able to compete with us with the passing game working the way it is
My mind is on the SB and we arent ready this season regardless of health.. chargers havent been good to start the year but you know theyre gonna get it together.. offensively, we dnt have the experience to win it all this season..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My mind is on the SB and we arent ready this season regardless of health.. chargers havent been good to start the year but you know theyre gonna get it together.. offensively, we dnt have the experience to win it all this season..

i guess, with the chargers specifically, i dont see what gives you confidence they'll get better? they've got an inexperienced coach, an inexperienced QB, a mediocre offensive scheme and a history of bottling it in important moments...

the ravens on the other hand have an explosive and dynamic passing offence, with important reinforcements still to add to the team

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not sure that can possibly be true lol - he had a very tough 1st game in week 1...
lol, per PFF, so take it with a grain of salt, but he graded out better pass blocking in week 1 than in week 2. 89.5 vs ATL to 87.53 vs TB. Again this is only PBLK. He still sucks against the run.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i guess, with the chargers specifically, i dont see what gives you confidence they'll get better? they've got an inexperienced coach, an inexperienced QB, a mediocre offensive scheme and a history of bottling it in important moments...

the ravens on the other hand have an explosive and dynamic passing offence, with important reinforcements still to add to the team
Oh i agree but are those reinforcements gonna be good enough for us to win it all this season? I can see us winning a game or two for sure in playoffs but i dnt think we ready for a sb at all this season.. our wrs have been playing great but i just cant see them getting it done vs a team like bills or chargers..

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh i agree but are those reinforcements gonna be good enough for us to win it all this season? I can see us winning a game or two for sure in playoffs but i dnt think we ready for a sb at all this season.. our wrs have been playing great but i just cant see them getting it done vs a team like bills or chargers..
could absolutely be very difficult for sure, but I also believe the defensive pieces that should be back by mid season will be valuable also. Once you get to the playoffs it's anyones game.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
take it for what it's worth as it's PFF, but James Hurst is the highest rated pass blocking tackle in the league with 1 pressure across 129 snaps. What world are we living in?
A world where a Bills-Eagles Super Bowl is possible and the world isn't ready for that Super Bowl matchup. Not enough Tables and booze to handle the magnitude of that game lol.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why worry about the SB in Week 2? You gotta enjoy the journey first , alot is going to change between now and the playoffs

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
A world where a Bills-Eagles Super Bowl is possible and the world isn't ready for that Super Bowl matchup. Not enough Tables and booze to handle the magnitude of that game lol.
That's got to be the most obnoxious Super Bowl on record.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Why worry about the SB in Week 2? You gotta enjoy the journey first , alot is going to change between now and the playoffs
Oh i agree, but we have been playoff contenders since lamar got here but never really showcased much when we got there.i dnt really get hyped about the regular season wins as much no more cause i know that we are capable of doing that every season. Now, i just like the progress our team make or will be making during the season… and seeing guys develop

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh i agree, but we have been playoff contenders since lamar got here but never really showcased much when we got there.i dnt really get hyped about the regular season wins as much no more cause i know that we are capable of doing that every season. Now, i just like the progress our team make or will be making during the season… and seeing guys develop
Nobody in the NFL has done more with less, than Lamar Jackson. He just doesn't get the help and weapons he needs like other QBs seem to get. Too much has been invested in a tepid and impotent defense.