• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Always liked Jalen

So Lamar doesn’t have a contract because “they”(EDC? Steve?) hate that he doesn’t have an agent?

Why do people waste their time listening to people like Jalen?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
So Lamar doesn’t have a contract because “they”(EDC? Steve?) hate that he doesn’t have an agent?

Why do people waste their time listening to people like Jalen?

I don't think he meant Steve but the media. I'd also assume most FO wished their players had an agent because they're easier to deal with and are known to set up buddy deals amongst themselves. You might not agree but I believe he's right to an extent.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think he meant Steve but the media. I'd also assume most FO wished their players had an agent because they're easier to deal with and are known to set up buddy deals amongst themselves. You might not agree but I believe he's right to an extent.
Who else would he mean? The media doesn't negotiate contracts on behalf of the Ravens. He probably doesn't even know who he means because its just another dumb hot take. There's nothing wrong with Lamar not having an agent, but the "Lamar vs the Man" narrative is BS. Its Lamar Vs the Ravens front office and I'm sure EDC wishes Lamar wanted less money, not that he had an agent.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Of those names, I'd really only bet on SSS. And even then, receivers generally take time to get in.
Derrick Mason and Jamal Lewis had hall of fame careers. Not nearly first ballot, but their year over year numbers and their longevity and their performance at their prime make them hall of famers to me. Whether or not they make it in is to be determined and I don’t think either do, but I think they absolutely 110% deserve to be in eventually.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Derrick Mason and Jamal Lewis had hall of fame careers. Not nearly first ballot, but their year over year numbers and their longevity and their performance at their prime make them hall of famers to me. Whether or not they make it in is to be determined and I don’t think either do, but I think they absolutely 110% deserve to be in eventually.
agree, they both had HOF careers and 8 of Masons seasons were over 1k yards. Extremely underrated receiver if you ask me.

Lewis had 7 1k plus rushing seasons and one of those was 2k yards. His other two seasons were 900 and 500 and he missed 2001 with a knee injury. Yeah, he deserves to go to the hall of fame also.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
In a world full of endless stats Rashad Batmen leads the league in yards per reception by a wide margin. 27.8, with McLaurin coming in second with 22.2

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

" University of Utah student was arrested Wednesday after she allegedly threatened to detonate a nuclear reactor on campus if the Utes football team had lost to San Diego State over the weekend"

A true fan.....I can see @Ellicottraven doing this if the Ravens don't pay Lamar. Got any spare nuclear reactors sitting around?

Nurps

MVP

" University of Utah student was arrested Wednesday after she allegedly threatened to detonate a nuclear reactor on campus if the Utes football team had lost to San Diego State over the weekend"

A true fan.....I can see @Ellicottraven doing this if the Ravens don't pay Lamar. Got any spare nuclear reactors sitting around?
JFC lmao. Taking payphone bomb threats to get everyone out of school in the 80's to the next level.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
2 random thoughts

I hope the fact that Aiden Hutchinson is doing well bodes well for Ojabo

If we have the opportunity to add a Kadarius Toney / Garret Wilson type receiver in the draft next year, I think we should. With the guys we have on the team, the only skillet I see missing is that elite change of direction guy. But currently that's a low priority on the list.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
2 random thoughts

If we have the opportunity to add a Kadarius Toney / Garret Wilson type receiver in the draft next year, I think we should. With the guys we have on the team, the only skillet I see missing is that elite change of direction guy. But currently that's a low priority on the list.

right now looking at the roster it's hard to determine where our priorities may be until ronnie plays again
but next offseason definitely we will be looking for another WR - i was gonna list all the positions we'll probably look to add starters or depth to but...

would probably be easier to look at the positions we don't need to target: QB, receiving TE, C, K, P, LS, RT, S

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
right now looking at the roster it's hard to determine where our priorities may be until ronnie plays again
but next offseason definitely we will be looking for another WR - i was gonna list all the positions we'll probably look to add starters or depth to but...

would probably be easier to look at the positions we don't need to target: QB, receiving TE, C, K, P, LS, RT, S
For sure. I guess I just don't believe we are in desperate need of a first round WR. But if we could find a really gifted and naturally smooth and elusive YAC kind of receiver in the first 2 rounds, I'd take him.

If we cant get one of those special athletes, I'd wait until at least the 3rd to bring a guy in.

Simba

Staff Member

Could certainly argue for any of RB, WR, OL, DL, ILB, OLB, or CB early as of now.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
2 random thoughts

If we have the opportunity to add a Kadarius Toney / Garret Wilson type receiver in the draft next year, I think we should. With the guys we have on the team, the only skillet I see missing is that elite change of direction guy. But currently that's a low priority on the

I think we may need a blocking TE, Boyle may be done and Oliver is no good

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well, I'd need to travel to Penn State where my kid graduated from. They had one. But, I love that town, college and team. So, I guess I'm SOL. I'll have to revert to the old stick routine.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
2 random thoughts

I know this much. He'll be a better pass rusher than Oweh.