• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Congratulations to Harbaugh for getting his 150th win (including postseason)

Bold are active head coaches

1. Bill Belichick // 291-145 (.667), 31-13
2. Andy Reid // 235-136-1 (.633), 19-16

3. Marty Schottenheimer // 200-126-1 (.613), 5-13
4. Dan Reeves // 190-165-2 (.535), 11-9
5. Jeff Fisher // 173-165-1 (.512), 5-6
6. Bill Parcells // 172-130-1 (.569), 11-8
7. Tom Coughlin // 170-150 (.531), 12-7
7. Mike Shanahan // 170-138 (.552), 8-6
9. Mike Holmgren // 161-111 (.592), 13-11
10. Mike Tomlin // 155-87-2 (.639), 8-9
11. Joe Gibbs // 154-94 (.621), 17-7
12. Pete Carroll // 153-106-1 (.590), 11-10
13. Sean Payton // 152-89 (.631), 9-8
14. Bill Cowher // 149-90-1 (.623), 12-9
15. Mike McCarthy // 144-93-2 (.607), 10-9
16. Tony Dungy // 139-69 (.668), 9-10
16. John Harbaugh // 139-89 (.610), 11-8

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh *PUKE*… should’ve been fired in 2018 if it weren’t for teams not knowing how to handle a rookie Lamar

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Harbaugh *PUKE*… should’ve been fired in 2018 if it weren’t for teams not knowing how to handle a rookie Lamar
you are entitled to your opinion, but you can't come up with anything better because there isn't much better out there, unless you expect Sean Payton to come to Baltimore and he hasn't won much more and he's won less in the postseason and he had Drew Brees, one of the best QBs to play in the last 20 years.

There are some good up and coming coaches in this league, but you need a longer track record to be great.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
you are entitled to your opinion, but you can't come up with anything better because there isn't much better out there, unless you expect Sean Payton to come to Baltimore and he hasn't won much more and he's won less in the postseason and he had Drew Brees, one of the best QBs to play in the last 20 years.

There are some good up and coming coaches in this league, but you need a longer track record to be great.

Oh and your boy Harbs was totally up and coming when we found him

Everybody feels great after a win, don’t they?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

yes he was, but no one said he was great at that point.

You don't find coaches of Harbs quality often, it just doesn't happen. Can it, yes, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes he was, but no one said he was great at that point.

You don't find coaches of Harbs quality often, it just doesn't happen. Can it, yes, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Come on man. You didn’t know Harbs until he was hired here.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Come on man. You didn’t know Harbs until he was hired here.
I agreed with you. You said he was up and coming and I said, yes he was.

That being said, you don't fire a coach as good as Harbs to hire an up and comer unless something really goes wrong.

People didn't know Joe Gibbs either outside of him being a stud OC for the Chargers under Coryell. That being said, the Skins didn't fire a good coach when they hired Gibbs either. Thats my point.

You want to fire a coach who has won 150 games and has been extremely consistent and is a very good leader that the players love and play for only to hire an up and comer. Up and Comer's don't pan out that often. Just look at all the failed coaches year in and year out.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Sizzle what is your reason for not liking Harbaugh, anyway.

You may be able to hire McDaniels because he may not make it through the season. You may even have a chance to hire the up and coming failure in Hackett also.

Or we may be able to hire some no name ST coach from a failing team too, just like Harbs

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
His reason is that hamilton looked good this week so now he needs to find some other bullshit to rant incessantly about

Nah, I saw the light with Hamilton before Sunday. I think it was Friday when I was saved into the Hamilton Church

redrum52

Hall of Famer

I could make a case the Saints should have 2 or 3 rings and none of the reasons are Paytons fault. There was a 3-4 year period where some bs took them out the playoffs. Never should have lost to the Vikings and had a very good shot at winning it all and them getting cheated against the Rams. Another year I think they win it all.

It was his first job and he's done well. Helped guide a previously 5-11 team to the afc championship his first year. First 5 years always won at least 1 playoff game. Won a sb. Mediocre stretch from 13-17 outside of one year. Back to playoffs from 18-20. Took a historically bad injury season as well to miss last year. Every coach has problems. You might not like him but you can't deny that he's kept the team competitive. We could have Brandon Staley. If we got rid of Harbaugh he would be hired immediately. People who grew up in the BB and Brady era have a skewed view of what franchise success is.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Am I the only one not really worried about lamars contract? The media narrative is that ravens fans are concerned, but personally never felt he had a chance at singing this year. He literally wanted to bet on himself? And that’s cool, and he was obviously right and I feel we will end up paying him?

Am I the only one not really worried about lamars contract? The media narrative is that ravens fans are concerned, but personally never felt he had a chance at singing this year. He literally wanted to bet on himself? And that’s cool, and he was obviously right and I feel we will end up paying him?
Nah I'm not worried, I am sure it will get done at some point.