• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
How many times is the NFL Network going to show the Dolphins vs Ravens game on the replay before Sunday? It's been on quite a few times already and is on now. We know we had and then blew a huge lead and allowed them to come back to win the game. Damn! Seems like when the Ravens lose, they rub it in at that network for some odd reason. But when the Ravens win? Seems like we got to wait for hours to catch the highlights and as far as a replay, rare! Just a little venting and ranting before tomorrow!

GO RAVENS DESTROY THE PATRIOTS!

Simba

Staff Member
I do find it strange that Ronnie isn't even traveling to the away games. The whole situation just feels a little off. Don't want to read too much into it but he's not a guy that couldn't stand on the sidelines and watch the game.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I do find it strange that Ronnie isn't even traveling to the away games. The whole situation just feels a little off. Don't want to read too much into it but he's not a guy that couldn't stand on the sidelines and watch the game.
Does he just never stop rehab?

Tank

Hall of Famer
It is weird. And I know they want to be super cautious and not bring him back too soon, but I’m afraid my suspicions from last year may turn out to be true. Hoping not.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It is weird. And I know they want to be super cautious and not bring him back too soon, but I’m afraid my suspicions from last year may turn out to be true. Hoping not.
I just don’t believe he is ever going to be close to the same player he was before his injury. I hope I am wrong.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Are we OK with what the Jaguars are doing to the Chargers after they did what they did to the Colts after what the Colts did to the Chiefs earlier today?
Jags are definitely one of the surprise teams in the league this season and are not a pushover. They should not be treated lightly.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
any given sunday
chargers are being out-coached... again
For sure. The thing I don't like is that the Bengals may have started to snap out of the funk they were in. Steelers are probably fucked, Browns will win a lot of games this year. Ravens really have to beat even tough teams like the Bills.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Are we OK with what the Jaguars are doing to the Chargers after they did what they did to the Colts after what the Colts did to the Chiefs earlier today?
If we didn’t think they would eventually show up after landing Trevor Lawrence then we were kidding ourselves. It was all a matter of not drafting like idiots and not hiring the worst HC in nfl history

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we didn’t think they would eventually show up after landing Trevor Lawrence then we were kidding ourselves. It was all a matter of not drafting like idiots and not hiring the worst HC in nfl history
yep. Urban made Spurrier look like a genius hire.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
We’re going to get thrashed by the Bills offense next week , but after that not a lot of offenses on our schedule are that scary. Maybe the Bengals , but they don’t look right. Brady and the Bucs are awful right now…. Maybe the browns as well. It’s hard not to feel good about our schedule this year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We’re going to get thrashed by the Bills offense next week , but after that not a lot of offenses on our schedule are that scary. Maybe the Bengals , but they don’t look right. Brady and the Bucs are awful right now…. Maybe the browns as well. It’s hard not to feel good about our schedule this year

in terms of good offences - through 3 games the best ones on our schedule remaining are probably the bills, browns and jags
and we probably have the best offence in the NFL right now (not being a homer)

none of the defences we've played so far have been notably elite in any ways but it's not out of the realm of possibility that that's because those defences have come up against the ravens offence and it's a small sample size (too early to say anything definitive about anything yet)

but when i look at DVOA, there are a bunch of good defences we'll have to come across: the bills, bucs, jags, bengals, steelers and broncos

level of competition and small sample sizes definitely a factor though right now that's making a lot of the analysis of various teams difficult