• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Am I the only one not really worried about lamars contract? The media narrative is that ravens fans are concerned, but personally never felt he had a chance at singing this year. He literally wanted to bet on himself? And that’s cool, and he was obviously right and I feel we will end up paying him?
I'm not concerned at all. No way he leaves Baltimore, absolutely no way.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Glad we’re all on the same page about lamar staying. When ever people ask me “when are you fools gonna pay him” I can’t help but roll my eyes

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Glad we’re all on the same page about lamar staying. When ever people ask me “when are you fools gonna pay him” I can’t help but roll my eyes
I refuse to believe THIS FO would let him walk. Plus, I'm speaking this shit into existence. But yes, I too get the "when are y'all gonna pay that man" comments. It's annoying to talk about with others, but yeah, such is life.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I refuse to believe THIS FO would let him walk. Plus, I'm speaking this shit into existence. But yes, I too get the "when are y'all gonna pay that man" comments. It's annoying to talk about with others, but yeah, such is life.
yep, I get those comments as well. I'm sure all of us do.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Too many other fans and media are assuming way too much about this situation - assuming that because we haven’t paid Lamar that we don’t want to or that we don’t think it’s worth it

All that’s actually happened is we haven’t paid Lamar... yet...

Would be malpractice to let Lamar leave

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Too many other fans and media are assuming way too much about this situation - assuming that because we haven’t paid Lamar that we don’t want to or that we don’t think it’s worth it

All that’s actually happened is we haven’t paid Lamar... yet...

Would be malpractice to let Lamar leave

Not to mention that Lamar wants to stay here. Both sides will work something out eventually, but patience is key.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not to mention that Lamar wants to stay here. Both sides will work something out eventually, but patience is key.

i think im just frustrated that it's all anyone talks about when both sides have acknowledged that nothing about the contract situation is going to change until after the season (which is also what they've said the whole offseason too)

nothing is going to change - and it's really annoying watching people in media get performatively exasperated about why the ravens still havent paid lamar when the answer is simply that lamar's not negotiating again until the end of the season

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think im just frustrated that it's all anyone talks about when both sides have acknowledged that nothing about the contract situation is going to change until after the season (which is also what they've said the whole offseason too)

nothing is going to change - and it's really annoying watching people in media get performatively exasperated about why the ravens still havent paid lamar when the answer is simply that lamar's not negotiating again until the end of the season

To be fair, the media is just going to continue to regurgitate the same talking points over and over again regardless. If I start getting annoyed then I just change the channel and problem solved lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stay safe Florida folks, I know there are quite a few on here. Hard to believe, but I evacuated TO Miami to escape a hurricane.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You going to Miami...... hard to believe lol
All our friends went to Jacksonville, psh screw that if we need to evacuate I'm going somewhere fun man

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ravens fan from Utah for the past 18 years. Visiting the area for my first Ravens home game ever (the Ravens Monday night game against the Bengals). What are some of the places I should check out?
Game Bar is a hidden gem a few blocks from the stadium, good pregame fun. Fells point is a great nightlife area. But as far as what to do on gameday, just hit the tailgate lots and try to make some friends, ravens tailgate scene is 1 of 1.

Since you’re going to a night game, stay in the crowd when you’re leaving and go straight back to your room lol. The area around the stadium isn’t bad, but the trouble crowd will make its way there regularly.

Welcome!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
1CEC7583-FE45-43D9-A086-FD217A77C322.png

*sheds tear* still elite

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 4042
*sheds tear* still elite

haha - this is why passing yards is not a good indicator of QB success - it's a volume stat
joe flacco is 30/32 in yards/attempt and leads the league in attempts lol

3 of the top 5 in yards are 3 of the top 5 in attempts...

but still cool to see joe at the top of a list in a positive way for the first time in a while

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ravens fan from Utah for the past 18 years. Visiting the area for my first Ravens home game ever (the Ravens Monday night game against the Bengals). What are some of the places I should check out?
Where will you be staying?