• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Coach Joke McDaniel could be fired if it comes out that Tua had a concussion prior to this one. Wonder how many nerdy jokes he would crack then
I could never stand that little worm, especially when he was in SF

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bro how you make out in the Hurricane?

As you see in the news Fort Myers (where I am) got wrecked. Thankfully we are good just with out power and water in my area.
Dodged a bullet as the St Pete / Tampa area seems to do.

Yeah, I'm seeing the pictures coming out of Ft Myers/Sanibel/Punta Gorda and holy crap they got walloped. The pics of boats stacked on top of each other is horrifying.

We never even lost power although a lot of friends in the area did. Need to do some chain-sawing on some huge bushes out back that got uprooted but if thats it, I'm blessesd.

Glad you made it through safe. Hope they get the utilities back up soon but at least its not in the 90's right now. Silver lining and all......

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
No essay needed, even the most simple of explanations would be better than this shitpost.

You are the crown prince of shit takes lmao. But, its what you want, so revel in your infamy.
Please don't feed the trolls. I know they can be very frustrating, but they feed off of your reactions. If they don't get a reaction, they will stop posting.

Fighting negativity with more negativity isn't rhe answer. Please use the ignore function.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dodged a bullet as the St Pete / Tampa area seems to do.

Yeah, I'm seeing the pictures coming out of Ft Myers/Sanibel/Punta Gorda and holy crap they got walloped. The pics of boats stacked on top of each other is horrifying.

We never even lost power although a lot of friends in the area did. Need to do some chain-sawing on some huge bushes out back that got uprooted but if thats it, I'm blessesd.

Glad you made it through safe. Hope they get the utilities back up soon but at least its not in the 90's right now. Silver lining and all......
Well I guess since its random thought but the causeway to Sanibel was completely wrecked which will kill tourism in that area. Glad to you are safe and hopefully all the rest of Fla Ravens fans that live down there.

Well I guess since its random thought but the causeway to Sanibel was completely wrecked which will kill tourism in that area. Glad to you are safe and hopefully all the rest of Fla Ravens fans that live down there.
Yup, our 2 tourists destinations fort Myers Beach and Sanibel completely destroyed. Going to take years to recover and definitely going to hurt our economy which like all is suffering from high inflation. Now many without jobs and homes really tough times right now.

Tank

Hall of Famer
this is uncalled for Sizzle. If you want to remain on the board, you need to stop these stupid posts.

btw, weren't you banned from RSR? It's a question, because i remember you asking me to post something on that board for you.
I understand you posting this but folks need to be asked to stop berating him as well, it’s only feeding the fire.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Anyone think we're relying on rookies more heavily this year than most years prior?

Hamilton has been a day 1 50% snaps guy
Linderbaum has been day 1 full time starter
Ojabo is desperately needed
Jones is about to be the full time NT
Stout is the punter
Faalele may be the starting LT this weekend
Likely has a role in the offense
JAD and Pepe have roles on defense
Kolar has been hurt
Badie is on the PS.
Didn't EDC mention at some point that he wanted 20 picks between the last draft and this one? Seems like the org has known for a while that the roster needs significant turnover requiring our rookies to be impactful from day 1.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Didn't EDC mention at some point that he wanted 20 picks between the last draft and this one? Seems like the org has known for a while that the roster needs significant turnover requiring our rookies to be impactful from day 1.

yeah - we ended up with 19 over the last 2 drafts

that said we seem recently to fairly consistently have 1 bigger draft followed by 1 less big draft and that cycle repeats

2020 we had 10, 2021 we had 8, 2022 we had 11

2018 we had 12 picks and in 2019 we had 8

2016 we had 11 picks and in 2017 we had 7

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here is something that is bothering me. Are the Ravens and Lamar done? Is this Lamar's last hurrah with the Ravens? There is just this undercurrent that exists whenever we discuss Lamar with Harbs of not wanting to talk Lamar up too much. Harbs was over the moon even with the flaccid Flacco. I think there has been an agreement among Steve, EDC, and Lamar that he'll seek a trade after this year because they simply refuse to broach the subject of full guarantees. I just can't lose this dastardly feeling. To Lamar's credit, he is balling out. The more he balls out, the more frustrated John seems to be getting with the situation between the team and Lamar. Am I smoking or is my intuition somewhat in line with what some of you may be thinking also?

I don't think it is for want of trying by the Ravens and may even be willing to franchise him twice. I don't believe Lamar wants that. I think the impasse is insurmountable unless Bisciotti decides to figure out how to front those $ into escrow. He may be unable or even unwilling to do that. I don't know. However, for no fault of Lamar, the Ravens, or Harbs, the Cleveland fucking Browns owner has dealt a death blow to his Divisional opponents! Can you imagine Brown paying Burrow a fully guaranteed contract? He is renowned for his cheapness. He may have to sell part of his team to do that. Steelers luck out in this instance because they have a stinky group of QBs. If this pans out the way I'm thinking, Haslem is a Bond villain.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Here is something that is bothering me. Are the Ravens and Lamar done? Is this Lamar's last hurrah with the Ravens? There is just this undercurrent that exists whenever we discuss Lamar with Harbs of not wanting to talk Lamar up too much. Harbs was over the moon even with the flaccid Flacco. I think there has been an agreement among Steve, EDC, and Lamar that he'll seek a trade after this year because they simply refuse to broach the subject of full guarantees. I just can't lose this dastardly feeling. To Lamar's credit, he is balling out. The more he balls out, the more frustrated John seems to be getting with the situation between the team and Lamar. Am I smoking or is my intuition somewhat in line with what some of you may be thinking also?

I don't think it is for want of trying by the Ravens and may even be willing to franchise him twice. I don't believe Lamar wants that. I think the impasse is insurmountable unless Bisciotti decides to figure out how to front those $ into escrow. He may be unable or even unwilling to do that. I don't know. However, for no fault of Lamar, the Ravens, or Harbs, the Cleveland fucking Browns owner has dealt a death blow to his Divisional opponents! Can you imagine Brown paying Burrow a fully guaranteed contract? He is renowned for his cheapness. He may have to sell part of his team to do that. Steelers luck out in this instance because they have a stinky group of QBs. If this pans out the way I'm thinking, Haslem is a Bond villain.

I think there's a bit of the protective dad-thing going on here. ^_^

I don't think there's anything to read into Harbaugh's comments. It's probably "topic" exhaustion because since Lamar is not signed, it's the only thing the press wants to talk about given his start. But your comments about Haslem and the Browns are on point with me. That signing was calculated imo. Some don't like the conspiracy theory feel it might have, but I really do think that they knew and calculated the Watson signing to do exactly what happened: disrupt the QB market league-wide but most specifically in their own division where they knew there were two franchise QB's coming up for contract. There's no doubt there for me. It was part of their business model, disrupt the direct competition.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Gone for a minute and 5-6 new pages?! lol

Glad the Florida contingent all seem well.

I can't really recall a time when the mods ever got in a tiff with one of our own about a differing view. There have been true trolls, like from another board or an imposter, but not like this. I guess I missed something, but some of that seemed like it should have been handled behind the veil.

Blink for a minute and the world passes you by. ^_^

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gone for a minute and 5-6 new pages?! lol

Glad the Florida contingent all seem well.

I can't really recall a time when the mods ever got in a tiff with one of our own about a differing view. There have been true trolls, like from another board or an imposter, but not like this. I guess I missed something, but some of that seemed like it should have been handled behind the veil.

Blink for a minute and the world passes you by. ^_^

I don’t see how I’m a troll for not being able to provide in depth analysis on my different perspectives. You’re right. I’m not a damn troll. I don’t hijack threads or spam the board simply because I disagree with the status quos here. Am I clueless when it comes to nitty gritty, defend your stance beyond the eyeball test? Yes. But that doesn’t make me a damn troll no matter how badly certain people here want to make me look like one

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

You are correct sir. The Browns f'd up everything. With guarantees the Browns can be seen as a ridiculous outlier but if the Ravens do it Pandora's Box is opened. If it's true that Lamar was offered a 6 yr 290 mil contract with 180 mil guaranteed to me that's a fair contract but it also averages less than others so the Ravens need to up the yearly value to over 50 mil at least. The signing bonus is what's important. F the roster bonuses and workout bonuses and shit like that and leave an out after 4 yrs in the contract for both. I'm not a capologist but something needs to be done.

And to add it's ridiculous to believe Bisciotti is worried about putting money into escrow.