• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 IF Stanley comes back and does a solid job at LT, would Faalele make a good LG?

idk for sure but i dont think so - think his best fit is still RT with some LT thrown in

it's kind of remarkable how similar he and orlando brown jr are tbh - orlando was further along in his development than faalele but faalele's a more gifted athlete

i cannot believe he made it to the 4th round

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
@rossihunter2 IF Stanley comes back and does a solid job at LT, would Faalele make a good LG?
I think Powers is playing well enough to stay there and if we were talking about a new LG, I would think Mekari would be the first man up for that when he returns, as opposed to Faalele.

When a fully healthy Oline, there's a good amount of depth there. Faalele and Mekari wouldn't even be starters theoretically. And you still have Cleveland on the interior.

I would like to see what happens if all healthy. I wonder if Mekari is the swing at all five positions, or if Powers/Zeitler going down means Cleveland comes in.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Powers is playing well enough to stay there and if we were talking about a new LG, I would think Mekari would be the first man up for that when he returns, as opposed to Faalele.

When a fully healthy Oline, there's a good amount of depth there. Faalele and Mekari wouldn't even be starters theoretically. And you still have Cleveland on the interior.

I would like to see what happens if all healthy. I wonder if Mekari is the swing at all five positions, or if Powers/Zeitler going down means Cleveland comes in.

i would expect that answer might change depending on whether the injury happens in-game or post-game

it somewhat depends on their feelings about cleveland obviously and if everyone's healthy, which one of cleveland or colon is active will tell us a lot about how the ravens would view their backups

if its colon active that would suggest that mekari's first man at basically all 5 positions with faalele and colon able to cover the next man no matter who goes down after that

if its cleveland active then i'd imagine he'd be considered at guard with mekari covering the other 3 positions and faalele as the emergency swing (and 6th OL)

the depth of this unit, as you say, is great

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i would expect that answer might change depending on whether the injury happens in-game or post-game

it somewhat depends on their feelings about cleveland obviously and if everyone's healthy, which one of cleveland or colon is active will tell us a lot about how the ravens would view their backups

if its colon active that would suggest that mekari's first man at basically all 5 positions with faalele and colon able to cover the next man no matter who goes down after that

if its cleveland active then i'd imagine he'd be considered at guard with mekari covering the other 3 positions and faalele as the emergency swing (and 6th OL)

the depth of this unit, as you say, is great
Agreed. I guess I'm at the point where I think Mekari has earned the right to start if he he's healthy. Don't know what position that'll be, but can't imagine he plays over Stanley, Moses or Linderbaum, if they're healthy. So if that's the case, it could be LG.
Just feels like a waste to have him on the roster at his comp and him not at least start. Probably works itself out in the long run with injuries, but still, I'd be disappointed to see him go like a month without playing while healthy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agreed. I guess I'm at the point where I think Mekari has earned the right to start if he he's healthy. Don't know what position that'll be, but can't imagine he plays over Stanley, Moses or Linderbaum, if they're healthy. So if that's the case, it could be LG.
Just feels like a waste to have him on the roster at his comp and him not at least start. Probably works itself out in the long run with injuries, but still, I'd be disappointed to see him go like a month without playing while healthy.

i get that for sure - i do think of mekari though at this point (having now seen him at all 5 spots on the OL), that his best position is most definitely OT, followed by C with G very much the worst of his potential spots

i think he's a genuinely decent OT at least in pass pro and i have a comfort level with him at C that i dont have at OG

but i really dont mind mekari as the 6th man - as you say, injuries inevitably mean he'll play at various points anyway and if he doesnt then that just means that the OL is both healthy and playing at a high level and if that 3m cap number sits on the bench then fine tbh

while powers is playing the way he is there's no reason to change things up just to get mekari on the field - and worth noting that mekari started the season not playing either... just happened that jawuan james had his leg explode again

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Good presser from Jimmy and nice interview with Marlon. One of my favorites and crazy how time has flown by. Wish him the best in retirement. Side note found the play he was talking about where Reed told him to bite on the double move.

Simba

Staff Member
Good presser from Jimmy and nice interview with Marlon. One of my favorites and crazy how time has flown by. Wish him the best in retirement. Side note found the play he was talking about where Reed told him to bite on the double move.
What's funny about that is fans spent the first 2 years of his career ripping Jimmy for biting on double moves when it could have been Ed's fault all along. Partially sarcastic.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
What's funny about that is fans spent the first 2 years of his career ripping Jimmy for biting on double moves when it could have been Ed's fault all along. Partially sarcastic.

Lol. Fans will pick a bad moment and make that their truth. I think the Chargers game being primetime was what started that bs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I know it's going to be hard to go to Tampa if we keep blowing these leads but as I expected with Tampa not being so hot, ticket prices have dropped on Ticketmaster. Lowest I've seen on the Ravens sideline is currently $140 in section 328 which is in the corner, 332 is the lowest at $170 right now. Was waiting to see if the 200 section would drop a bit more but guess those are club seats.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The Eagles are getting too much praise. I would kill to have their schedule this season. The only quality team they play is GB. That team won’t beat the Chiefs or Bills. That 48-10 loss to Dolphins in the preseason, along with their opponents so far, should have people pumping their brakes.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Eagles are getting too much praise. I would kill to have their schedule this season. The only quality team they play is GB. That team won’t beat the Chiefs or Bills. That 48-10 loss to Dolphins in the preseason, along with their opponents so far, should have people pumping their brakes.
Preseason?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've only been a Raven fan since 2014 and wanted to ask everyone, especially the ones who have been following the Ravens longer than i have.

What do you believe are the greatest wins and worst losses and sometimes those great wins may not be the Super Bowl. Kind of like those great NFC Championship battles from decades ago when the NFC was the powerhouse. The best games were the championship game.

I think the worst loss is the 2011 season Championship game when we lost to the Patriots. If we beat the Patriots we most likely beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. Damn Cundiff and Evans! The 2014 season loss to the Patriots was my 2nd worst loss as that was my first season rooting for the Ravens.

Greatest wins, I'll leave that to you guys.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree its a favorable schedule. But, Vikings and Packers are likely to be playoff teams, and I think they'll handle both pretty easily.
They'll have played at least one playoff team from the AFC South as well.

The problem with the NFC is that there aren't many good teams. I think they'd destroy the Rams if they played today, and the only teams I think would give them problems is the 49ers at this point. There's no real great teams in the NFC.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've only been a Raven fan since 2014 and wanted to ask everyone, especially the ones who have been following the Ravens longer than i have.

What do you believe are the greatest wins and worst losses and sometimes those great wins may not be the Super Bowl. Kind of like those great NFC Championship battles from decades ago when the NFC was the powerhouse. The best games were the championship game.

I think the worst loss is the 2011 season Championship game when we lost to the Patriots. If we beat the Patriots we most likely beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. Damn Cundiff and Evans! The 2014 season loss to the Patriots was my 2nd worst loss as that was my first season rooting for the Ravens.

For me, its the entire 2008 season. It was a crazy ride from start to finish.
-Flacco was expected to be backing up either Kyle Boller or Troy Smith
- Ray Lewis breaking Rashard Mendenhall's collar bone on MNF
-Mason essentially played the last eight games of the season with one arm after injuring his shoulder in the Week 10 game against Houston.
- Shutting down the Cowboys party as they closed their stadium on back breaking long runs
- Ed returning it 100+ vs the eagles
- Defense was clutch all year with big hits and T/Os
-Beating the #1 seed on the road
- And of course the heartbreak in the AFC champ

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I think the worst loss is the 2011 season Championship game when we lost to the Patriots. If we beat the Patriots we most likely beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. Damn C*****f and E***s! The 2014 season loss to the Patriots was my 2nd worst loss as that was my first season rooting for the Ravens.

First things first, let's refrain from using these traitors' names lol.

Favorite wins since I've been a fan starting in 2011:

-Blowing out the Steelers in our home opener in 2011
-Mile High Miracle in 2012
-Flacco's 5 TD performance against the Bucs in 2014
-Beating the Bengals at home in Lamar's debut. That was my first Ravens game that I attended.
-Lamar's perfect passer rating against the Dolphins AND Bengals in 2019.

I might reply later on today or this week with the worst losses, but I ain't tryna raise my blood pressure right now lol.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm glad many of you were not fans when we lost to the 0-13 dolphins in 2007. That might be our worst loss. For all his greatness Ed Reed jumped the wrong route and Greg fucking Camarillo took it to the house

Last edited: