• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm over it. I want to say the defense can't get worse but we're always an injury away. You all claim jinx. I will face any and every jinx head first rest of the season cause whatever precautions were taken aren't working. I don't know of it's been mentioned but this isn't the ideal team for a cb coming back from an acl to play first game. Or a cb with a groin injury. New defense and maybe I'm trying to cope... most likely trying to cope but they will get better and more bodies will be added... hopefully while keeping the ones we have. My biggest concern continue to the be run game until it shows any kind of life.

Looking through the Fins game thread and damn that feels like ages ago. This poster seems wise beyond his years. Brave too to shun the jinx gods. The most shocking thing to me about this season is we've maintained over 150 rushing yards for what I think is 8 or 9 games now. For sure thought there was no way but forgot Lamar broke one for about 70 or 80.

And what's your honest opinion of Hamilton @Sizzle ?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looking through the Fins game thread and damn that feels like ages ago. This poster seems wise beyond his years. Brave too to shun the jinx gods. The most shocking thing to me about this season is we've maintained over 150 rushing yards for what I think is 8 or 9 games now. For sure thought there was no way but forgot Lamar broke one for about 70 or 80.

Hamilton is gonna be just fine….

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
we thought Queen was a bust as early as this season, Oweh still has time.
This is the level-headed take. My argument against it is that with Queen we kept saying he's flashing but he's so up and down. Queen in the beginning of the season looked like he had in the past, sometimes he just gets it right and other times he was just not able to make "relatively simpler" plays. Then all of a sudden basically overnight for some reason, it just clicked and he was doing all of the good and just totally erased the bad.

In Owehs case, he's not looked improved at all to me since his rookie year. Additionally you don't see him ever flashing. Since week 4 or 5 he's been playing consistently good run defence but looks totally lost as a pass rusher 90+ % of the time.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I promise this is a positive post, it's just easier to point out the negatives because there are fewer negatives than positives. I think that almost every single player on this team has performed at expectation of exceeded expectation. I'll list only the players who I believe have performed under expectation in my opinion.

Offense
Nick Boyle - this is the heart breaking one for me
Mike Davis - although we all knew he was trash
James Proche - Just not good at all
Tylan Wallace - By far the most frustrating. Had huge upside.

Defense
Odafe Oweh - he's not a pass rusher. A glorified run defender who's had some bone headed mistakes. This is the one that hurts because we were counting on him
Chuck Clark - He's not been bad but he's the worst safety on the team rn.

Fringe
Peters but I think he's been good enough and will keep getting better imo.
The rookie corners, but we should have had no expectations at all for them really.

We don't even put him on the field to see what he can do

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

We didn't have 150 this past week. Only had 115

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He didn't start playing football to later so I think he will take a while to get it together. He just seems slow to me when chasing QBs.
He just disengages a step late and it looks like he struggles to transition out of his bend. One of those things definitely can come with time and reps, the bend can be helped if he disengages better, but “fixed” idk.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
does anyone remember where the record predictions are. I know we had a thread like that or a thread in a thread, but I can't find the predictions.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
does anyone remember where the record predictions are. I know we had a thread like that or a thread in a thread, but I can't find the predictions.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn. I guess the Jaguars game means so little where there's not even a "Next Up: @ Jaguars" thread? Insanity....
After that struggle, the 6-3 Ravens just went through with the 3-6 Panthers after their bye and at home in front of their fans? The Jaguars game, being played away in Jacksonville should mean so much more.

PUT THAT THREAD UP QUICK FAST AND IN A HURRY! :lol: