• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hurst should be towards the top of tier 2. Same with Stafford. Brady is too high.
Brady is definitely too high. I think Stafford's career is almost over personally. Maybe that will be wrong but it's my gut feeling. Hurts.... Hahaha I don't see it

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ehh, think we're using some purple-shaded glasses on this one.
For starters, even if the fumble doesn't happen, there's not much reason to think the Ravens are going to easily win that game. There's plenty of scenarios where even IF the Ravens score a TD instead the Bengals still win that game. And I'm certainly not taking for granted that the Ravens just automatically score a TD there even if the fumble doesn't happen.

Its pretty easy to see why Bengals fans are the way they are. They've largely owned KC when they've played them (and yesterday wasn't much different), they totally punked Buffalo in their building in the snow, when everybody thought Buffalo was built as a "bad weather team" (I seriously never understood why people thought that), and last year they were in the SB and a couple plays away from winning it.

Sure, they're like this because they haven't seen success in a long time, so they don't know how to handle it. But they've earned the right to think they're the best, because for the last two years, they're pretty much unquestionably the best team in the AFC in the last two years.

Not sure how anyone can argue this.

Bengals have been the best in class last 2 years.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ehh, think we're using some purple-shaded glasses on this one.
For starters, even if the fumble doesn't happen, there's not much reason to think the Ravens are going to easily win that game. There's plenty of scenarios where even IF the Ravens score a TD instead the Bengals still win that game. And I'm certainly not taking for granted that the Ravens just automatically score a TD there even if the fumble doesn't happen.

Its pretty easy to see why Bengals fans are the way they are. They've largely owned KC when they've played them (and yesterday wasn't much different), they totally punked Buffalo in their building in the snow, when everybody thought Buffalo was built as a "bad weather team" (I seriously never understood why people thought that), and last year they were in the SB and a couple plays away from winning it.

Sure, they're like this because they haven't seen success in a long time, so they don't know how to handle it. But they've earned the right to think they're the best, because for the last two years, they're pretty much unquestionably the best team in the AFC in the last two years.
They haven’t owned KC every game has been 3 points and usually KC choking in some fashion. It almost happened again with Mahomes stupid fumble

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hahaha that's great that disagree. This is such a subjective and squishy subject. That being said as I look back on my list I think the criticism of Tom Brady is overwhelmingly the most fair one. He's gotta be much lower.

I still think Hurts is legitimately not a good QB so we'll disagree on that one.

Jones and Tannehill are all the way at the bottom of that tier and if you bumped them down a few spots I wouldn't be all that upset with that.

Watson I think will continue to be very average at best next year. Maybe he'll prove me wrong but I don't buy it.

I think Stafford might be totally cooked. Jimmy G is constantly being attempted to improve on and is just not that good.
For me...
1. I don't know what more people need to see from Hurts. Like he's not Burrow or Mahomes as a passer, but there aren't 10 guys in this league I'd take over him. I think its borderline impossible to come up with an argument where you're low on Hurts but high on Lamar or Kyler. Like that doesn't make any sense to me.
I think the anti-Hurts camp is purely a productive of thinking he has everything anybody would ever need to be a successful QB (great play calling, elite Oline, high end weapons), and that's true. The problem is that's kind of how modern NFL QB play works anyway, because there really aren't great QBs out here winning in the playoffs without having at least 1-2 of those things, if not more.
2. I'm puzzled by people who think Dak and Cousins are in a group above guys like Stafford, Jimmy G or Watson. The latter group wins more. They've advanced further. They have far, far, far more upside in my opinion. Right coach, good weapons, they win everywhere.
I know exactly what I'm getting from Cousins and Dak. I'm getting solid regular season QBs who mix up huge games with total shit shows, and bow out of the playoffs before the Conf Championship game on pretty much an annual basis.
And both have a lot of quality players to throw to. Some have worse coaching than others, but also complain about incomplete rosters, when they're making a ton of money already. That's what paying great QB money to not great QBs looks like.

There's a list of QBs in this league that I think are special:
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Hurts
Lamar
Rodgers

And I'd put Watson and Lawrence just outside that group but likely should be in it (just need to see another year).

If you don't have one of those guys, I think you need everything else to go your way to win in this league (high end coach, lots of weaons, solid Oline).

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why is Jimmie Ward talking like he won't be back in San Fran?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What absolutely nobody is discussing is that the Chiefs showed the Ravens that WRs are really not needed as long as the rest of the team plays well
MVS had a hell of a game, he made a massive difference, the kind of difference that Bateman could make for us but not any other receivers on the team

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Another reason the loss was so sweet because they are so talented. A few breaks here and there and they could easily be back to back SB champs
They’ve gotten a ton of breaks the last two years so I’m glad they didn’t get a super bowl. Everyone likes to say refs cost them the super bowl but ignore the egregious OPI on their TD

JAAM

Hall of Famer
A couple of months ago, I made a comment about how the Bengals will still probably end up making a SB run this year despite their slow start, and you were adamant that you couldn’t see it because of the division, the conference, their offensive line, etc., and now they’re “unquestionably the best team in the AFC”, eh?

So, just wanted to add this to the “Roquan will never be a Raven because we don’t have the funds to extend him” list of takes. Hoping you will continue saying we won’t be able to revamp the WR room over the off-season too. Maybe throw in a “Lamar won’t sign an extension here” comment while you’re at it? I’d appreciate it man. Let’s keep this thing going.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
A couple of months ago, I made a comment about how the Bengals will still probably end up making a SB run this year despite their slow start, and you were adamant that you couldn’t see it because of the division, the conference, their offensive line, etc., and now they’re “unquestionably the best team in the AFC”, eh?

So, just wanted to add this to the “Roquan will never be a Raven because we don’t have the funds to extend him” list of takes. Hoping you will continue saying we won’t be able to revamp the WR room over the off-season too. Maybe throw in a “Lamar won’t sign an extension here” comment while you’re at it? I’d appreciate it man. Let’s keep this thing going.

This is genius.

but not too much on RMC my guy.

RELAX

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well yeah, information changed. Did things in the division and conference play out in December/January the way they were playing out in September? Any notable injuries within the conference that may have changed things?

Also might want to go back and revisit my prediction on why Roquan wouldn't be here. It wasn't due to lack of funds to extend him. It was lack of funds to pay his 2022 comp. And Ravens found a solution to that, which involved giving up higher draft picks than anybody (yourself included, of course) wanted to give up.

Happy to put my predictions up against anybody else's. Some of you guys are wrong 2-3 times a day. You had to go back months to find a wrong take. Certainly speaks volumes doesn't it...

Also, in case it wasn't clear from the last several months already, I'm in on the "Lamar will sign an extension" and the Ravens "will overhaul the WR room" this offseason group. The latter just won't look the way the fans want it to.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not too surprising at all that RMC is defending the Bengals considering they act just like him, without a Super Bowl and without RMC contributing one single fucking thing to society

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well yeah, information changed. Did things in the division and conference play out in December/January the way they were playing out in September? Any notable injuries within the conference that may have changed things?

Also might want to go back and revisit my prediction on why Roquan wouldn't be here. It wasn't due to lack of funds to extend him. It was lack of funds to pay his 2022 comp. And Ravens found a solution to that, which involved giving up higher draft picks than anybody (yourself included, of course) wanted to give up.

Happy to put my predictions up against anybody else's. Some of you guys are wrong 2-3 times a day. You had to go back months to find a wrong take. Certainly speaks volumes doesn't it...

Also, in case it wasn't clear from the last several months already, I'm in on the "Lamar will sign an extension" and the Ravens "will overhaul the WR room" this offseason group. The latter just won't look the way the fans want it to.

“I’m an asshole… yadda yadda yadda… I’m a complete dick.. yadda yadda” yeah, all I’m getting from this post

@Thezone27

Last edited: