• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
South Africa? Totally awesome and totally scary at the same time. I could write paragraphs with all the insane memories I have so far. Gonna make a bunch more coming up. (Read a couple posts up)

One thing I wish more people would/could do. Travel. Mark Twain wrote the perfect quote on travel but you’ll have to look it up. I’m too lazy today.
This thread still doesnt pop up for me

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting!!! Is this a common thing? Do you really keep up with them? Post on a Giants board?

I have a soft spot for them, not enough to make an account and posts on boards though. I'm from Jersey so as a kid when I was not really into football I would root for the Giants.

I may or may not have thought that the Giants would beat the Ravens in the superbowl. Little did I know what would unfold in the coming years lmfao

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't even know how to pick the team to root for. I'm a Ravens fan because I grew up in Baltimore
Same. Ravens, orioles, and terps are the only teams that feel natural for me, caps feel KINDA natural in the sense that I’m genuinely hype for their playoff series but there’s still a weird disconnect with them being a dc team. I tried to make myself a bama fan and it was forced and ended after a few years lol. That Baltimore connection is real.

The only team I get upset about though is the ravens, no other sport or team will affect my mood in a negative way.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Same. Ravens, orioles, and terps are the only teams that feel natural for me, caps feel KINDA natural in the sense that I’m genuinely hype for their playoff series but there’s still a weird disconnect with them being a dc team. I tried to make myself a bama fan and it was forced and ended after a few years lol. That Baltimore connection is real.

The only team I get upset about though is the ravens, no other sport or team will affect my mood in a negative way.
I feel this to the highest extent

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

I can tell you this, my loyalties per sport are

MLB - Yankees
NFL - Ravens
NBA - Lakers (FUCK ALL OF YOU, KOBE WAS ON THOSE MCDONALDS COMMERCIALS WHEN I WAS A KID)

And nothing, absolutely nothing, brings me as much negativity as the Ravens. It ruins me when we lose lmfaoooo

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

MLB - Yankees
NFL - Ravens
NBA - Lakers (FUCK ALL OF YOU, KOBE WAS ON THOSE MCDONALDS COMMERCIALS WHEN I WAS A KID)

And nothing, absolutely nothing, brings me as much negativity as the Ravens. It ruins me when we lose lmfaoooo
So for me, it's...

NFL - Ravens
NBA - Trail Blazers
MLB - Yankees
NHL - Kings
NCAA FB - Oregon

That last sentence is EXACTLY how I feel as well. Close losses hurt even more smh.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

MLB - Yankees
NFL - Ravens

That’s just fucking weird fam. You root for the cowboys franchises for baseball and basketball but then your real passion is for an obscure small market team in football

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
NFL - Ravens
MLB - Mets
NHL - Avalanche
NCAA CBB - UConn Huskies

As others have said, the only team that can truly impact my mood in a negative way is the Ravens. If they lose then I generally become a miserable person and you should probably avoid me lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The football pain is because from game to game you never know what you'll get and you have to wait each week. People will set aside time for a football game. For the most part, I feel like people just say hey... the games on, fuck it. I can't do that for the NBA

Knicks made the playoffs and I'm more excited about the NFL Draft and schedule release.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ravens
Lakers
Dodgers
UCLA

Don’t @ me

Ravens
Lakers
Giants
NCAAF: Michigan

Truly don’t gaf about any other sports team outside of the Ravens. I’m admittedly a “bandwagon fan” of the other teams and only watch when they’re good. As for the Ravens I’ll watch them every week regardless of how trash they look and still be moody asf if the lose lmao

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ravens
Lakers
Giants
NCAAF: Michigan

Truly don’t gaf about any other sports team outside of the Ravens. I’m admittedly a “bandwagon fan” of the other teams and only watch when they’re good. As for the Ravens I’ll watch them every week regardless of how trash they look and still be moody asf if the lose lmao
Why the Lakers and not the Kings or Warriors? Aren’t you from Northern California like me??