• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Fam I wish ya'll could see South Florida. You would have thought you were in Baltimore especially in Broward County
Its hard to see the change now cause its too early but with all these people moving here everyday, i hope florida can keeps its culture.. most likely will but its cool being able to look at someone or hear them speak and know theyre from florida.. its like that with most cities anyway but i just hope we dnt change up

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its hard to see the change now cause its too early but with all these people moving here everyday, i hope florida can keeps its culture.. most likely will but its cool being able to look at someone or hear them speak and know theyre from florida.. its like that with most cities anyway but i just hope we dnt change up

depends. I can absolutely see it changing. Coconut Creek turned into mini Boca Raton

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He is the most popular atlanta falcon bro.. no way around it.. no matter how little knowledge you believe people to have, vic is the most popular falcon. Not even deion is close to him as far as popularity with falcons. It cant be julio or matt ryan cause all julio and ryan fans know for certain who mike vick is.. i dnt even think its close
Right but that's more of an indictment of the Falcons not getting generational players than anything. And that will only further widen as today's youth become the core demographic. No matter what people think of him, once the generation of people who never saw him play live become the dominant demographic of viewership, he won't be that popular anymore. Every generation is like that.

When your most popular player in today's world is a guy who hasn't played for the team in over 15 years, that's a damning statement for your franchise.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
Leaving for South Africa in 10 days. Someone tell Lamar to fucking sign with us while I'm gone. Thats the news I want when we connect to Tampa in Newark on the 29th.
I don't have any thoughts worth writing about the offseason and Lamar's situation, but I can talk travel forever.
FYI, in case it hasn't been on your radar, this should be a good time of year for seeing Great White Sharks. Head down near the Cape of Good Hope. Plenty of outfitters will put you underwater in a cage. I enjoyed being in one of those that got bumped by Great Whites.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't have any thoughts worth writing about the offseason and Lamar's situation, but I can talk travel forever.
FYI, in case it hasn't been on your radar, this should be a good time of year for seeing Great White Sharks. Head down near the Cape of Good Hope. Plenty of outfitters will put you underwater in a cage. I enjoyed being in one of those that got bumped by Great Whites.
Talking about travel, same. Its one of my passions. I was meant to do the cage diving years ago but my wifes (shes South African) father had a heart attack and then died a few days later so that trip turned from something into something else entirely. I've never been able to make those plans again because her family lives in the NE of SA and of course Cape Town is the opposite direction. We tend to stay in that area of the country (NE) when we go now, which isnt often enough. That said, I get to live out my "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" dreams whem I'm there. This trip we are spending 4 days and 3 nights inside Kruger National Park, Im going on a 3 day, 2 night hunt with my cousins, and we are going to an elephant rescue farm where I'll be able to walk the elephants to a dam and get to help them bathe, get hosed by them, and hopefully swing from thier tusks.

I will dive with white sharks someday, I promise. Most likely off the Mexico coast where I hope to swim with whale sharks as well.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Great white sharks? Man, only way i wanna see one of those is if i have binoculars lol..

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dam.. how is it?
South Africa? Totally awesome and totally scary at the same time. I could write paragraphs with all the insane memories I have so far. Gonna make a bunch more coming up. (Read a couple posts up)

One thing I wish more people would/could do. Travel. Mark Twain wrote the perfect quote on travel but you’ll have to look it up. I’m too lazy today.

South Africa? Totally awesome and totally scary at the same time. I could write paragraphs with all the insane memories I have so far. Gonna make a bunch more coming up. (Read a couple posts up)

One thing I wish more people would/could do. Travel. Mark Twain wrote the perfect quote on travel but you’ll have to look it up. I’m too lazy today.

Looked it up because I was curious..

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

redrum52

Hall of Famer
depends. I can absolutely see it changing. Coconut Creek turned into mini Boca Raton
aha-coming.gif

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
Talking about travel, same. Its one of my passions. I was meant to do the cage diving years ago but my wifes (shes South African) father had a heart attack and then died a few days later so that trip turned from something into something else entirely. I've never been able to make those plans again because her family lives in the NE of SA and of course Cape Town is the opposite direction. We tend to stay in that area of the country (NE) when we go now, which isnt often enough. That said, I get to live out my "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" dreams whem I'm there. This trip we are spending 4 days and 3 nights inside Kruger National Park, Im going on a 3 day, 2 night hunt with my cousins, and we are going to an elephant rescue farm where I'll be able to walk the elephants to a dam and get to help them bathe, get hosed by them, and hopefully swing from thier tusks.

I will dive with white sharks someday, I promise. Most likely off the Mexico coast where I hope to swim with whale sharks as well.
I love safaris and Kruger is a great place for that - as well as for seeing the southern sky. Close encounters with elephants and whale sharks are among my favorite memories. Enjoy your trip!
You'll get back to news that Lamar has a long term, team friendly deal here. :lol::brickwall::crying:

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love safaris and Kruger is a great place for that - as well as for seeing the southern sky. Close encounters with elephants and whale sharks are among my favorite memories. Enjoy your trip!
You'll get back to news that Lamar has a long term, team friendly deal here. :lol::brickwall::crying:
lol. One of my favorite memories was getting charged by a mother elephant on a dirt road in Kruger. My wife, not so much. She was hyperventilating into a paper bag filled with biltong lmao. That was the day she learned what "GUN IT" meant. She said "what does gun it mean?" I replied "STEP ON THE FUCKING GAS!!!!"

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
lol. One of my favorite memories was getting charged by a mother elephant on a dirt road in Kruger. My wife, not so much. She was hyperventilating into a paper bag filled with biltong lmao. That was the day she learned what "GUN IT" meant. She said "what does gun it mean?" I replied "STEP ON THE FUCKING GAS!!!!"
I leave the driving to the guides on safaris. ^_^ Kruger is the only safari type park I've been where I noticed private vehicles as being common. And yes, one would learn a lot about the gas and brake pedals there. :D

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I leave the driving to the guides on safaris. ^_^ Kruger is the only safari type park I've been where I noticed private vehicles as being common. And yes, one would learn a lot about the gas and brake pedals there. :D
Yeah. Every time we go into Kruger its just us in our car. Just so awesome how you round a corner and there'll be lions or elephants or baboons or rhinos or whatever just blocking the road. Just slide that sucker into park and watch them for as long as they take to travel on. We basically plan our days around how long it will take to get to the next camp by nightfall / when they close the "Jurassic Park" gates.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So when is Aaron Rodgers being traded? Between this and Lamar, it seemingly isn't coming to an end anytime soon.

I want to see some team come in and steal Rodgers from the Jets lol.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
So when is Aaron Rodgers being traded? Between this and Lamar, it seemingly isn't coming to an end anytime soon.

I want to see some team come in and steal Rodgers from the Jets lol.

Yo Packers fans have had a shitty last few years with that