• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Bringing the 5th year option discussion into this thread vs the Lamar Jackson thread.

5th Year Option - 19 declines out of 32 picks 60%

No. 2: Chase Young, DE, Washington Commanders
No. 3: Jeff Okudah, CB, Atlanta Falcons ineligible traded/restructured
No. 8: Isaiah Simmons, ILB, Arizona Cardinals
No. 9: CJ Henderson, CB, Carolina Panthers
No. 11: Mekhi Becton, OL, New York Jets
No. 12: Henry Ruggs III WR, Las Vegas Raiders
No. 14: Javon Kinlaw, DT, San Francisco 49ers
No. 18: Austin Jackson, OT, Miami Dolphins
No. 20: K'Lavon Chaisson, LB, Jacksonville Jaguars
No. 21: Jalen Reagor, WR, Minnesota Vikings
No. 23: Kenneth Murray Jr., ILB, Los Angeles Chargers
No. 24: Cesar Ruiz, C, New Orleans Saints
No. 26: Jordan Love, QB, Green Bay Packers one year extention before option
No. 27: Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Seattle Seahawks
No. 28: Patrick Queen, OLB, Baltimore Ravens
No. 29: Isaiah Wilson, OT, Tennessee Titans
No. 30: Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Miami Dolphins
No. 31: Jeff Gladney CB, Minnesota Vikings
No. 32: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, Kansas City Chiefs

Every one between 20-32 except 22 and 25 Justin Jefferson and Brandon Aiyuk

Looks like the 2018 class was the first for whom the 5YO was fully guaranteed when exercised.

21/32 exercised
16 of top 19, excluding Josh Rosen, Kolten Miller (who signed an extension a month before the deadline), and Leighton Vander Esch
5 players chosen between 20-32 (Frank Ragnow, Isaiah Wynn, DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley, and Lamar Jackson)
data from spotrac: https://www.spotrac.com/spots/2018-5...-tracker-1214/

19/32 exercised
14 of top 19 (excluding Clelin Ferrell, Daniel Jones, Devin Bush, Dwayne Haskins, and Garrett Bradbury)
5 players chosen between 20 and 32 (Noah Fant, Darnell Savage, Tytus Howard, Marquise Brown, and Montez Sweat)
data from spotrac: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/options/2019/

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I know a lot has been said about the upgrades for the passing game but curious to see how the running game is going to look now.
My guess is that it'll "regress" in terms of production because I think our passing game will improve. Like, I believe Dobbins and Gus will still get theirs and will still be productive but I get the sense that this offense will be more pass-balanced if that makes sense.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I know a lot has been said about the upgrades for the passing game but curious to see how the running game is going to look now.
I feel an improvement in the pass game and less restrictive alignments and more versatility out of the same alignments, will have the run game remaining strong, Lamar and dobbins and the OL and a pair of TEs should be enough to keep a competent run game but being able to both run and pass consistently out of 12 personnel is what I’m really hoping makes the difference.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I feel an improvement in the pass game and less restrictive alignments and more versatility out of the same alignments, will have the run game remaining strong, Lamar and dobbins and the OL and a pair of TEs should be enough to keep a competent run game but being able to both run and pass consistently out of 12 personnel is what I’m really hoping makes the difference.

Gonna see a bunch more 11 personnel this year too…

I hope we stay multiple in the run game and that monken retains some of the more destructive runs and concepts using pullers etc

Should be fun to watch. I believe that Monken will get the ball in the hands of ALL of his playmakers. He’s got playmakers at the WR position, the RB position, the TE position, and the QB, so we probably gonna see a mix of plays out of the 11, 12, and 22 formations. Call it the Monken salad.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Trying to figure out which movie should I see today. It's between Super Mario or Guardian of the Galaxy volume 3. Could just go see both but does anyone have any suggestion?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Trying to figure out which movie should I see today. It's between Super Mario or Guardian of the Galaxy volume 3. Could just go see both but does anyone have any suggestion?
I've heard they're both good. I guess it depends on if you want to see Chris Pratt as a plumber or a super hero.

I'm assuming Guardians would require more knowledge of what's going on in the MCU, while Mario you can go into blind.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I recommend the Super Mario movie. They kept it nice and simple while showing plenty of references from the various Mario games over the years. By the time I left the theaters, I understood why it was the highest grossing video game film of all time.