• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
People in general, especially ones wanting to be underdogs do have some crazy level of confirmation bias. If even a single reddit or twitter post says something then it becomes everyone.
Well I think the majority of the fanbase criticized Roman because they felt his offense would never work in the playoffs.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
He did miss 2 seasons though, but glad he’s back
One and a half coincided with the franchise qb's injuries.

I think I know the planning that goes on in preparation for a season - or with the foresight of 2-4 seasons down the road, but injuries cripple that vision. I wonder how close we would have been in 21 and 22 without the crippling injuries. Especially '21.

I still think we made the right picks. I know JoeyFlex5 disagrees... ^_^

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I’d take bosa in a heartbeat over stanley. As good as he is, if we had a solid healthy LT instead of him and bosa on the edge, we’d have been better off, and I’m a big Stanley fan and was very happy with the pick at the time. I just would’ve preferred bosa in hindsight
Both always seem injured and Bosa appears to take plays off. His brother now...

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Really liking the Rock Ya-Sin pick up. Not a "ball hawk" but physical cb who'll challenge wrs to make a catch and doesn't seem to shy away from contact. All the pieces matter. When everyone on that side of the ball loves physicality you'll see the hits add up as the game goes on. Really been a while since I've been this excited to see both sides of the ball in action.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Really liking the Rock Ya-Sin pick up. Not a "ball hawk" but physical cb who'll challenge wrs to make a catch and doesn't seem to shy away from contact. All the pieces matter. When everyone on that side of the ball loves physicality you'll see the hits add up as the game goes on. Really been a while since I've been this excited to see both sides of the ball in action.
Im unsure about our defense.. idk how the pass rush will look nor our cbs outside of marlon.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That play still gets my blood boiling, it cost us Joey bosa/jalen Ramsey
I left on a cruise the very next day and met some people from Cleveland, so I was ok with it. I'm also still ok with it due to landing Stanley, who I coveted. Now getting Bosa would have been amazing if he was still available, but I think if Hill doesn't make that play the best we do is the 4th pick in the draft and Bosa went 3rd.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I left on a cruise the very next day and met some people from Cleveland, so I was ok with it. I'm also still ok with it due to landing Stanley, who I coveted. Now getting Bosa would have been amazing if he was still available, but I think if Hill doesn't make that play the best we do is the 4th pick in the draft and Bosa went 3rd.
That’s a fair point, although at the time there was talk about Joey bosa falling because a lack of burst and flexibility and laziness etc. so when the kick six happened, I felt we were in a race to get a falling bosa and we had lost that race with that play.

You can’t tell draft addicts shit when you win late in a losing season lol, that was me.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve said it before but since I just finished that top 200 plays in Ravens history video, I maintain the Will Hill kick 6 is by far the most overrated play in Ravens history. Both teams were absolutely awful playing 2nd and 3rd string QBs and the loser probably benefiting more due to draft placement. Yea it was cool I guess but damn
Boooooo , kick six was a great way to cope with a terrible year. Browns fans were talking alot of shit. It was nice to keep them down lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
That loss was about to be embarrassing as hell and I don't care how bad the injuries were.
Right.That game and the Ryan Mallet Steelers win have a special place in my heart. It’s the pettiness in me

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Sweeping the Steelers made all of it worth it, I do remember that much
YUP. Considering the fact that 2015 was the last time we swept them? Definitely worth it. I said it then prior to the game, I'll say it now: fuck a draft pick, I want the win. Fuck FitzTragic for playing like shit against the Bills the following week. Would've put the Jets in the playoffs instead of the Steelers.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t understand how we can go with Tyler Huntley again as the backup. Forget the fumble (although that should also be a reason ala Evans/Cundiff), he took over a multi game lead scenario two years in a row and lost nearly every game. And i doubt he’ll fit Monken’s system as well as he fit Roman’s