• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man it’s crazy reading nfl talk in neutral forums, Baltimore and Lamar are completely overlooked unless it’s to mock Lamar’s injury issues. Burrow is a sure fire HoF lock and the Bengals and Chiefs will be in the AFCCG every year the next 20. It’s just wild to me, if any other teams get mentioned it’s Buffalo or the Chargers.

Like we weren’t the 1 seed two years in a row before Lamar got hurt, like we didn’t nearly win against the mighty Bengals with Tyler Huntley and James Proche. I hope the team is hungry to prove all the talking heads and general public wrong, Lamar and Harbaugh winning a super bowl before Hurts, Tua, Burrow/Taylor (since he’s now ranked above Harbaugh), Herbert, Lawrence would be amazing.

Sorry for my usual complain about third party opinion bits, very sad about Ray Lewis

Last edited:
Man it’s crazy reading nfl talk in neutral forums, Baltimore and Lamar are completely overlooked unless it’s to mock Lamar’s injury issues. Burrow is a sure fire HoF lock and the Bengals and Chiefs will be in the AFCCG every year the next 20. It’s just wild to me, if any other teams get mentioned it’s Buffalo or the Chargers.

Like we weren’t the 1 seed two years in a row before Lamar got hurt, like we didn’t nearly win against the mighty Bengals with Tyler Huntley and James Proche. I hope the team is hungry to prove all the talking heads and general public wrong, Lamar and Harbaugh winning a super bowl before Hurts, Tua, Burrow/Taylor (since he’s now ranked above Harbaugh), Herbert, Lawrence would be amazing.

Sorry for my usual complain about third party opinion bits, very sad about Ray Lewis
I hear ya man. Personally I don’t pay too much attention to the noise outside of our fan base, but the only way to shut them up is to start winning playoff games and championships. It’s go time!

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

To be fair, you can’t really blame folks for overlooking us. it’s hard for anyone to assume Lamar will survive the season. He hasn’t shown that ability for a while. Then you add in his random sickness time off…… If healthy were in the mix for a championship, if it’s anything like the last two years , no shot.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
To be fair, you can’t really blame folks for overlooking us. it’s hard for anyone to assume Lamar will survive the season. He hasn’t shown that ability for a while. Then you add in his random sickness time off…… If healthy were in the mix for a championship, if it’s anything like the last two years , no shot.
Yup. Season basically comes down to health for most of us so can't blame the media for latching onto that. My only gripe is the Herbert love that most guys wouldn't get had they blown a lead like the Chargers did.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yup. Season basically comes down to health for most of us so can't blame the media for latching onto that. My only gripe is the Herbert love that most guys wouldn't get had they blown a lead like the Chargers did.
I mean... do you think that's really true?

Like Lamar has gotten passes in playoff games in WAY WAY WAY better situations than Herbert had.
No Slater
No Williams
A QB with a torn Labrum
A significantly worse play caller than Roman
67 total rushing yards and less than 3.0 YPC in a game where you led by 20 in the second half.
And they lost by 1 point, in a game where the QB had nearly 300 total yards and no turnovers.

And we're going with Herbert as the answer... lol.

I promise you Lamar gets a thousand free passes for losing that game in a similar spot.

Also anybody watching that game could see that the Chargers really weren't the better team. Not hard to get up big when you have scoring drives in the first half that start at the 18, 16 and 6 yard line of your opponent. That's 17 points right there.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Like Lamar has gotten passes in playoff games in WAY WAY WAY better situations than Herbert had.
No Slater
No Williams
A QB with a torn Labrum
67 total rushing yards and less than 3.0 YPC in a game where you led by 20 in the second half.
And they lost by 1 point, in a game where the QB had nearly 300 total yards and no turnovers.

I promise you Lamar gets a thousand free passes for losing that game in a similar spot.

Also anybody watching that game could see that the Chargers really weren't the better team. Not hard to get up big when you have scoring drives in the first half that start at the 18, 16 and 6 yard line of your opponent. That's 17 points right there.
This wasn't a Lamar vs Herbert thing. Just more of a there might be more judgement of a qb blowing the 5th worst lead in playoff history. You see it how you do and I'll see it how I do.

Media opinions don't really matter to me by the way. Just the off season and getting new tires. Usually don't even watch this shit.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This wasn't a Lamar vs Herbert thing. Just more of a there might be more judgement of a qb blowing the 5th worst lead in playoff history. You see it how you do and I'll see it how I do.

Media opinions don't really matter to me by the way. Just the off season and getting new tires. Usually don't even watch this shit.
Right, but my point is that I don't even really understand the opinion of how the QB blows that game. I don't think anybody can arrive at that conclusion from watching the game, other than based on a pre-game narrative or opinion they had already established that they wanted to make fit.

The reason why there's less judgment is because smart people who make good judgments wouldn't arrive at that judgment. That's why. The people that do likely either a) didn't watch the game, b) lack the context of what happened in the game or c) had already decided they're going to blame a QB for whatever happens in the game, regardless of output.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

No Slater
No Williams
A QB with a torn Labrum

who has given Lamar a pass in playoff games. Even his fanbase is always griping on his record in the playoffs.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
who has given Lamar a pass in playoff games. Even his fanbase is always griping on his record in the playoffs.
I mean this entire board has. We blamed literally all of his losses on Roman, lack of weapons, or bad weather.
Like how many people on here still think we lost to Tennessee because there wasn't enough cowbell (in a game we got blown out in)?

The people that don't give him a pass are the same people who believe all wins and all losses are attributable to QBs, regardless of their output or the output of the like 100 other people who impact the game.

So basically the same people that think Justin Herbert was the reason the Chargers lost to the Jags.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I mean this entire board has. We blamed literally all of his losses on Roman, lack of weapons, or bad weather.
Like how many people on here still think we lost to Tennessee because there wasn't enough cowbell (in a game we got blown out in)?

The people that don't give him a pass are the same people who believe all wins and all losses are attributable to QBs, regardless of their output or the output of the like 100 other people who impact the game.

So basically the same people that think Justin Herbert was the reason the Chargers lost to the Jags.
What's cowbell?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
What's cowbell?
Running the ball more into a brick wall, rather than running the ball more with an actual purpose.

Basically being down 20+ points in the second half is no time to start abandoning a running game that hasn't been working. According to "some people"...

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
If our offense would have blown a lead like that after what the defense did, IN THE PLAYOFFS? We would have never heard the end of it.

As a matter of fact, it would not even be on Roman or the offense. It would be Lamar's fault. Who we fooling? Nobody, absolutely nobody, would cut our guy slack the way they do with Herbert

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If our offense would have blown a lead like that after what the defense did, IN THE PLAYOFFS? We would have never heard the end of it.

As a matter of fact, it would not even be on Roman or the offense. It would be Lamar's fault. Who we fooling? Nobody, absolutely nobody, would cut our guy slack the way they do with Herbert
This. Herbert gets sucked off so much by the media. Lamar would get bashed to oblivion

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Regardless of how they have played or will play, can we all agree that it's fucking wild that we've had guys like Deion Sanders, Devin Hester, Steve Smith, Dez Bryant, Le'Veon Bell, Odell Beckham, etc. put on a Ravens jersey?

SANDERS BABY

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Regardless of how they have played or will play, can we all agree that it's fucking wild that we've had guys like Deion Sanders, Devin Hester, Steve Smith, Dez Bryant, Le'Veon Bell, Odell Beckham, etc. put on a Ravens jersey?
come on, your not going to leave Elvis Grbac of this list.......are you