• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Cleveland being that close to Baltimore is pretty scary. Especially with the schedule difference. Baltimore really needs to take care of business. I couldn’t imagine what would be said if the Ravens lose 2 of their next 4 and Flacco wins the division for Cleveland

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Cleveland being that close to Baltimore is pretty scary. Especially with the schedule difference. Baltimore really needs to take care of business. I couldn’t imagine what would be said if the Ravens lose 2 of their next 4 and Flacco wins the division for Cleveland
tell me about it

You got that right. Be some mud slingin’ going on around here.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Not gonna matter if we win more playoff games or make it to SB

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
1702906712708.png
possible salary for Mads? I forgot the guaranteed money but it would be like 2m,10m,15m,15m

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
believe they would have the better conference record (9-3) vs (8-4), assuming one of our losses is to NFC.
Exactly! It why I was saying when we dropped that dumb game to them that by winning we'd have actually won a two for one game because sweeping them would have nullified our loss to the Colts and we couldn't have done any worse than tying them in conference record. That was a terrible loss. It kept them in the race for the Division and they've played since like they appreciated the early Christmas gift.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol madubuike isnt signing that lol

based on the guys who signed last offseason... he's getting 4 years ~100m with around 65-70m guaranteed and ~50m signing bonus

ravens may want to do 5 years, may add a void year if madubuike only wants 4 years
Unfortunately, we don't have much cap space to do that. The more I look at it, the harder to give him an offer it seems.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Good lord I hate this fucking fanbase so much. Even more than the Bengals. I love the comments from other Ravens fans though lol

IMG_8795.jpeg

IMG_8796.jpeg

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately, we don't have much cap space to do that. The more I look at it, the harder to give him an offer it seems.
sure we can. It's not like he will count 25m next season if it were a 100m contract. Just go look at the Hargrave structure and I emphasize structure because Madubuike will be a bit more avg but the structure would work for the Ravens.

Now we do have to take into account other players coming down the pike that we will most likely extend, but cap space is going to go up a lot.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

they can find a way if they need to
think next year's shaping up to be a bit of a transitional year on offence anyway - going to have some potentially very different looking groups at RB and OL

if we re-sign Madubuike you keep the defence plowing along with basically all its key pieces returning outside of PQ

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
they can find a way if they need to
think next year's shaping up to be a bit of a transitional year on offence anyway - going to have some potentially very different looking groups at RB and OL

if we re-sign Madubuike you keep the defence plowing along with basically all its key pieces returning outside of PQ
Clowney and Van Noy turned out to be pretty much key pieces this season.
Without them we have Oweh, who is meh to average, Ojabo (for couple games) and Ham.

We'll need a WR or two, as well.