• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Clowney and Van Noy turned out to be pretty much key pieces this season.
Without them we have Oweh, who is meh to average, Ojabo (for couple games) and Ham.

We'll need a WR or two, as well.
The Ravens will be losing OBJ and Agholor, Simpson and Zeitler, Edwards and Dobbins, Van Noy and Clowney, Queen, Darby and Maulet, Urban and Pierce.

I know I wrote that kind of funky, but was trying to group the players by position grouping.

Anyway, point being- the Ravens have A LOT of key free agents/players who made large contributions to the team and not much cap space and I cannot see them breaking the bank for a singular player this year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The Ravens will be losing OBJ and Agholor, Simpson and Zeitler, Edwards and Dobbins, Van Noy and Clowney, Queen, Darby and Maulet, Urban and Pierce.

I know I wrote that kind of funky, but was trying to group the players by position grouping.

Anyway, point being- the Ravens have A LOT of key free agents/players who made large contributions to the team and not much cap space and I cannot see them breaking the bank for a singular player this year.
There's also a possibility of MacDonald getting a call up, looking like a complete overhaul of the defense but Madubuike-Roquan-Hamilton-Humphrey is not a bad spine to build on.

I don't think we force the LT change this offseason but will need guards and RT.
RBs should not be a big problem to find.

And somehow, we are again back at pass rush, corner and WR as the biggest needs.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
And speaking of AFC North DBs, Marlon stepped his game up from last week. Stephens played well too despite giving up that insane catch right before halftime.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Clowney and Van Noy turned out to be pretty much key pieces this season.
Without them we have Oweh, who is meh to average, Ojabo (for couple games) and Ham.

We'll need a WR or two, as well.
Oweh is turning out to be a very nice player. He has 44 pressures of his own and had a very good game yesterday, just didn't get a sack. He also missed four games. Will be interesting to see if we can get Clowney and Van Noy back. Believe Bowser is on his way out.

I'd be shocked if they don't give him the 5th year option this offseason.

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s almost better as a fan when you’re not the 1 seed and top 3 Super Bowl favorite sometimes, it can setup for heartbreak. Let’s change the narrative this time for the Ravens, let’s win a Super Bowl being wire to wire #1

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There's also a possibility of MacDonald getting a call up, looking like a complete overhaul of the defense but Madubuike-Roquan-Hamilton-Humphrey is not a bad spine to build on.

I don't think we force the LT change this offseason but will need guards and RT.
RBs should not be a big problem to find.

And somehow, we are again back at pass rush, corner and WR as the biggest needs.

i think if a OT falls to us that we like in the 1st round, we'll take them and worry about how to play our best 5 afterwards

gives you ronnie insurance but if ronnie's healthy it upgrades 2 positions on your OL

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i think if a OT falls to us that we like in the 1st round, we'll take them and worry about how to play our best 5 afterwards

gives you ronnie insurance but if ronnie's healthy it upgrades 2 positions on your OL
People say it's a pretty good tackle class this time (I have no idea) but if true, I think we wait and pick a couple day 2/3.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

Isn't OT always a default 1st round pick in a situation where quality falls at that position? The same could be said of DE that's not a hybrid... I'd love if that happened, but I can't really imagine either happening drafting below 25.

But your point is correct. Take a two-fer any time.

Too funny!
IMG_2058.jpeg