• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So today we find out if the Dolphins game gets flexed into SNF. 3 straight primetime games if that happens.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
So today we find out if the Dolphins game gets flexed into SNF. 3 straight primetime games if that happens.
Would rather 1 pm. As a young buck you wanna see your team in primetime. I'm an older gentleman now who can appreciate a nap after an early game.

And it's new years eve and I want to get sauced

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think if a OT falls to us that we like in the 1st round, we'll take them and worry about how to play our best 5 afterwards

gives you ronnie insurance but if ronnie's healthy it upgrades 2 positions on your OL
maybe a guy like the Cowboys who can play left guard also until we cut Ronnie in the 2025 offseason.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
B86B10CA-5FDC-4B4B-8298-590B3E169528.png

Took a screenshot watching this Billick interview on Cowherd, I swear to god look how close Stanley is to rolling up on Lamar, if that piece of shit (Watt) ends our season I swear

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
View attachment 5739
Took a screenshot watching this Billick interview on Cowherd, I swear to god look how close Stanley is to rolling up on Lamar, if that piece of shit ends our season I swear
The worry is real. I was thinking this the other day. Lamar is doing that old school tire drill in the pocket or as the pocket breaks down every week. This worries me every year... He's not a pocket passer, so there's no focus on teaching to maintain a pocket - just block your guy forever until he runs or throws it. We hear about defenders not being able to defend 7 seconds, Oline can't block that long either.

Excellent post and perspective!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The worry is real. I was thinking this the other day. Lamar is doing that old school tire drill in the pocket or as the pocket breaks down every week. This worries me every year... He's not a pocket passer, so there's no focus on teaching to maintain a pocket - just block your guy forever until he runs or throws it. We hear about defenders not being able to defend 7 seconds, Oline can't block that long either.

Excellent post and perspective!
We can win it all this year.... I really feel we can beat any team in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl. What worries me is our OL breaking down and being the reason we don't win the Super Bowl. That is the only thing that can stop us from winning the Super Bowl, our OL. Again, a position that we are too familiar with, the other team doesn't beat us, we beat ourselves. We need to retool the offensive line... something needs to change. Maybe Mekari is the answer at LT over Stanley? Does DF need to be starting at RT over Moses? Replace Zeitler? Something needs to change because we can't keep having Lamar run for his life because Stanley's knees are too weak to hold up anymore, is Moses getting old now? OL to me is the biggest question heading into next season, hopefully as the defending champions.

Simba

Staff Member
Let a Raven player act like this, he'd be a traitor in my eyes simply because that's not what we're about. Disgusting.

And he’ll keep doing it because there are no repercussions. Diontae Johnson literally gave up on his team and was back out there the following week like nothing ever happened.