• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Random as fuck but Gus and Melvin share the same bday. And never noticed how big Gordon was until I seen him next to Gus.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Looks like the game is staying put

Ah yes... Patrick Mahomes vs Joe... Jake Browning and the Packers-Vikings staying on SNF despite our game being for the 1 seed. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Somehow not worthy of being in primetime.... um ok whatever.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ah yes... Patrick Mahomes vs Joe... Jake Browning and the Packers-Vikings staying on SNF despite our game being for the 1 seed. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Somehow not worthy of being in primetime.... um ok whatever.
Why would you think CBS would allow that game to be flexed to SNF?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why would you think CBS would allow that game to be flexed to SNF?
Can the network protect two games? Not totally sure how that works but I don’t think CBS is all that worried about Ravens/Dolphins. Much more concerned about protecting the Chiefs game who always pull a huge crowd. Even more so with Tay Tay. I’m sure the Pack/Vikings game will draw or out do us in a prime time slot anyways.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Shit there are ravens that are far worse.. people actually thought huntley was a good qb despite not winning a game yet… they also thought he was better than lamar and should be our starter
That shit hurt my soul when they were saying that shit with a straight face.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can the network protect two games? Not totally sure how that works but I don’t think CBS is all that worried about Ravens/Dolphins. Much more concerned about protecting the Chiefs game who always pull a huge crowd. Even more so with Tay Tay. I’m sure the Pack/Vikings game will draw or out do us in a prime time slot anyways.
Not sure that Chiefs game was an option. Six primetime games is the max allowed for any team. Chiefs have already played two TNF, two SNF and one MNF. They're scheduled for a standalone 1pm game on Monday as well, which I assume counts as a primetime game. So that would be the max of six. Meaning they aren't eligible to be flexed.

So all CBS has to do is protect Ravens/Dolphins, and they're guaranteed to keep both of those games on CBS. Fox has no game on its schedule that week that would be better suited for SNF than Vikings/Packers.

The only real discussions was whether CBS would swap the Ravens/Dolphins game into the 430 slot, and move Chiefs/Bengals up to 1pm. Given Bengals are playing better, I'm not surprised they didn't.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't see Dobbins wanting to be back but who knows. No way we don't draft a back as well.

We are more likely to draft a RB then keep Dobbins.

I don't want that to be the case, but we can't hinge that position on a guy who has not been healthy for years now. It's sad because he never got the opportunity to showcase himself as a feature back IMO