• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm looking at the schedules and the Sterlers loss on Sunday might be REALLY bad for them. They still have NE, @Saints, @Chargers. They very easily might be only at 9 wins and that makes it possible (read:not likely but doable) that they lose the North.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm looking at the schedules and the Sterlers loss on Sunday might be REALLY bad for them. They still have NE, @Saints, @Chargers. They very easily might be only at 9 wins and that makes it possible (read:not likely but doable) that they lose the North.
I've been saying this for a while and people didn't want to buy it. Their schedule is very tough and they could easily lose to the Saints, Patriots, and Chargers and may lose to the Raiders to be honest. I could easily see them 8-8 or 9-7.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've been saying this for a while and people didn't want to buy it. Their schedule is very tough and they could easily lose to the Saints, Patriots, and Chargers and may lose to the Raiders to be honest. I could easily see them 8-8 or 9-7.

They have that tie so its 8-7-1 or 9-6-1. I know it seems like I'm being too specific but with tiebreakers that tie matters a lot

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah, bad brain fart by Ben.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yeah, bad brain fart by Ben.

Gone seemingly unmentioned in the media, is how poorly he plays away from home. Been going on for years now.

And the schedule was why I initially had Bengals winning division until the injuries started kicking their ass.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Realistically I think the Steelers are gonna pull a rabbit out of their ass for the end of the season. We see some very tough games, what I see are games where Ben can pull his typical diva drama queen shit. Ben probably ends up injured and still plays like a goddamn football god and they finish with 11 or 12 wins.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

they only need to win 1 of those games and take care of business in the game they should win to basically seal the division because of the tie though - and with their offensive playmakers i think they have a shot to beat the chargers or patriots which would pretty much put them out of reach

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
they only need to win 1 of those games and take care of business in the game they should win to basically seal the division because of the tie though - and with their offensive playmakers i think they have a shot to beat the chargers or patriots which would pretty much put them out of reach

They aren't beating Pats. They are more likely to beat the Saints than the Pats because for some reason the Pats own them

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Melvin Gordon has a sprained MCl and could miss a few weeks. I think them winning out the next few weeks as is our best chance as it might make him more likely to not play us

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
They have that tie so its 8-7-1 or 9-6-1. I know it seems like I'm being too specific but with tiebreakers that tie matters a lot
I forgot all about the tie. It makes things so annoying but you’re right. It means we have to win another game more than them especially due to the head to head considering we split them in the division.
Realistically I think the Steelers are gonna pull a rabbit out of their ass for the end of the season. We see some very tough games, what I see are games where Ben can pull his typical diva drama queen shit. Ben probably ends up injured and still plays like a goddamn football god and they finish with 11 or 12 wins.
I just don’t think this Pittsburgh team is that good. They’re very inconsistent as well and I know they can get hot quick but I will believe it when I see it. I don’t think they’ll beat NE but I do think LAC is a game they could get as well as OAK but I just am waiting to see if they can because they play inexplicably bad at times.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Melvin Gordon has a sprained MCl and could miss a few weeks. I think them winning out the next few weeks as is our best chance as it might make him more likely to not play us
I saw that too but we don’t play LAC until the second to last game, so if anything it’ll help PIT but not us.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw that too but we don’t play LAC until the second to last game, so if anything it’ll help PIT but not us.
It doesn’t effect things that much honestly. Melvin Gordon is a really good player but Ekeler has FLASHED several times this year, he is dynamic af. He is quite possibly a bigger headache for defenses than Gordon is. I watch the chargers almost every week and Ekeler is going to get himself a nice contract soon. He could easily be a starter.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It doesn’t effect things that much honestly. Melvin Gordon is a really good player but Ekeler has FLASHED several times this year, he is dynamic af. He is quite possibly a bigger headache for defenses than Gordon is. I watch the chargers almost every week and Ekeler is going to get himself a nice contract soon. He could easily be a starter.

part of ekeler's effectiveness comes from working in tandem - it's not an insignificant difference

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Gone seemingly unmentioned in the media, is how poorly he plays away from home. Been going on for years now.

And the schedule was why I initially had Bengals winning division until the injuries started kicking their ass.
I remember in 2014 when he passed for 6 TDs against us. The following week? I don't think they were able to score 20 points against the Jets on the road.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Bittersweet. As a guy who just bought tickets to the Lamar vs chargers game, I wanted to see everyone. Lol

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
No one has really talked about this, but I think Ty Montgomery compliments Gus Edwards EXTREMELY well. I think his role will continue to expand and I'd like to see him back next year. He probably won't be expensive either. Gus, Ty and a rookie could be a very interesting campaign of backs!!

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
No one has really talked about this, but I think Ty Montgomery compliments Gus Edwards EXTREMELY well. I think his role will continue to expand and I'd like to see him back next year. He probably won't be expensive either. Gus, Ty and a rookie could be a very interesting campaign of backs!!
I really liked Ty’s play as well. Pretty exciting but we’ve gotta temper expectations