• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No one has really talked about this, but I think Ty Montgomery compliments Gus Edwards EXTREMELY well. I think his role will continue to expand and I'd like to see him back next year. He probably won't be expensive either. Gus, Ty and a rookie could be a very interesting campaign of backs!!

i was saying this earlier but when kenneth dixon gets activated i think buck allen is done - ty montgomery has made him completely expendable in every way - buck's a free agent too so its not like we lose any control value either

gus, ken, collins, ty and a rookie going into camp would be a lot of fun this offseason

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I've been saying this for a while and people didn't want to buy it. Their schedule is very tough and they could easily lose to the Saints, Patriots, and Chargers and may lose to the Raiders to be honest. I could easily see them 8-8 or 9-7.
You dont really see them losing to the raiders do you?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
And this reconfirms why Boyle has seen a lot of snaps:

Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiec 6h6 hours ago
Harbaugh credits TE Nick Boyle as a main contributor to getting the run game going.
Please fire Harbaugh so we can get Hurst and Andrews going.

I mean I like Boyle's blocking but the fact that we rely on him as much as we do for the receiving game. Lamar relies heavily on his TEs and Hurst is never going to get better if we don't play him. And if Andrews improves as a blocker, then we should have one of the best TE duos in the game, and with Lamar's play action abilities, if we upgrade the oline and can run consistent two TE sets with Jackson, then the offense will be unstoppable.

If only we had a guy on our offensive staff who has experience with a receiving corps like this(Crabtree played for him) has used TEs like this(Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker were an underrated duo) and has a QB that honestly way better at passing than his critics indicate(Yeah.. I'd take Lamar right now over Kaepernick at his best). But that's none of my business.

Fuck you Harbaugh, and double fuck you Marty.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i mean he's not wrong - it also sells the play action more when he's part of the personnel grouping - which is why his receptions have been decent since lamar took over too
He may be a main contributor, but he was there when Flacco was starting also. Harbaugh should be govomg credit where credit is due, and that’s to LJ

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
The Steelers are complete ass in 2 places and that is Denver and Oakland ask any of there fans. They always seem to lose when they play those two teams. Could be a trap game with there eyes on the Pats (that wouldn't be something new to pitt)
I honestly see it more likely that they lose to Oakland than to LA

I know it won't happen but it is crazy to think that if we win out we probably could still win the division.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The Steelers are complete ass in 2 places and that is Denver and Oakland ask any of there fans. They always seem to lose when they play those two teams. Could be a trap game with there eyes on the Pats (that wouldn't be something new to pitt)

I know it won't happen but it is crazy to think that if we win out we probably could still win the division.
They're also not good in NE either. Speaking of which, is that game in NE or in PIT?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Steelers being complete ass in Denver and Oakland is true, but they owe Oakland big time for the immaculate deception

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I can't remember if this has been posted but interesting to hear. Post this cause I'm watching Pees defense and it made me think about the 07 Patriots call then the defensive series in our SB. Skip to 2:40 or watch it all.

There's more to the interview that might interest some. Ed speaks on how he felt about Harbaugh when he got to Baltimore.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why not? I understand that they’re bad but I’ve seen that story enough times to know it can happen. PIT has to travel to OAK to play them at a place they usually struggle. I don’t think anything is given to be honest. I can’t fault you or others for thinking otherwise but we nearly saw PIT lose to JAX and they just dropped an L to the Broncos.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I feel awful for football and baseball fans who are forced to listen to him consecutive nights.

"Mitchell... Mitchell... Mitchell"
Or 5/8ths 3/8ths or 3/4ths and not knowing which is larger. Referring to Kleet size

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Why not? I understand that they’re bad but I’ve seen that story enough times to know it can happen. PIT has to travel to OAK to play them at a place they usually struggle. I don’t think anything is given to be honest. I can’t fault you or others for thinking otherwise but we nearly saw PIT lose to JAX and they just dropped an L to the Broncos.
we lost to browns and panthers, blew tiants out water.. titans then go on to beat the shit outta patriots. Jags beat pats early in season, but then lose to bills . Panthers get murdered by steelers. We nearly beat saints... and after all of that, none of those games dont really have anything to do with the next. Also steelers have like 3 home games left so even if they win 1 out 3 thats 8 wins and theyre gonna beat raiders so thats 9.. that alone is enough for them to make playoffs. If raiders so happen to magically beat them, steelers play chargers this week. Two inconsistent teams going head to head

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

If you really think Oakland is more likely to beat Pitt than LA you’re on drugs dude.