• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
we lost to browns and panthers, blew tiants out water.. titans then go on to beat the shit outta patriots. Jags beat pats early in season, but then lose to bills . Panthers get murdered by steelers. We nearly beat saints... and after all of that, none of those games dont really have anything to do with the next. Also steelers have like 3 home games left so even if they win 1 out 3 thats 8 wins and theyre gonna beat raiders so thats 9.. that alone is enough for them to make playoffs. If raiders so happen to magically beat them, steelers play chargers this week. Two inconsistent teams going head to head
Yeah that’s pretty much my point, I just think the AFC and NFL as a whole are very very inconsistent and I don’t care if PIT has done well or not I think they’re very vulnerable. I just go based upon what I think could happen and I just have a feeling PIT will struggle vs OAK but I’ve been wrong before. I thought PIT would get an L vs JAX but that didn’t happen—almost but not quite

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yeah that’s pretty much my point, I just think the AFC and NFL as a whole are very very inconsistent and I don’t care if PIT has done well or not I think they’re very vulnerable. I just go based upon what I think could happen and I just have a feeling PIT will struggle vs OAK but I’ve been wrong before. I thought PIT would get an L vs JAX but that didn’t happen—almost but not quite
I also thought jag was gonna win lol. Blake bortles is terrible. The raiders dont have an
Offense nor defense.. if they had one of the 2, id give them a chance.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m starting to believe that Harbaugh, whether we get to the playoffs or not, will keep his job with one caveat. He will need to replace Marty Mornhinweg. Now if we do end up doing this, who are th OCs you would end up replacing Marty with. Let’s not talk about Kubiak, because a zone blocking scheme would not fit Orlando Brown, Jr. One option is in house and would keep continuity and that is Greg Roman, but I’m not sure that is what we need.

Thoughts?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I’m starting to believe that Harbaugh, whether we get to the playoffs or not, will keep his job with one caveat. He will need to replace Marty Mornhinweg. Now if we do end up doing this, who are th OCs you would end up replacing Marty with. Let’s not talk about Kubiak, because a zone blocking scheme would not fit Orlando Brown, Jr. One option is in house and would keep continuity and that is Greg Roman, but I’m not sure that is what we need.

Thoughts?
Someone that is eager to work with lamar

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
If you really think Oakland is more likely to beat Pitt than LA you’re on drugs dude.
Steelers are 2-4 in there last 6 games vs Oakland
In Oakland seasons where they beat the Steelers, The raiders (not counting the win against the steelers) are
3-12 (2013)
3-12 (2012)
7-8 (2009)
1-14 (2006)
Besides 2009, can you safely say this year's team is that much worse than a Jamarcus sweepstake or 3-12?
Ben has never won in Oakland in his career.
The Steelers last won in Oakland in 1995.
I don't know the current state in the last year but form 2009-2017 the Steelers had 15 loses to teams with a combined 25-89 record ( https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...tude-against-inferior-opponents-under-tomlin/)
They play awful on the road, and are not close to the team they are at home. They also play the Patriots the next week, they also have a bit of a history of looking over to the Patriots and that game is 100% there Super Bowl.

On the other side, Melvin Gordon, the Chargers best player is out. They have a good backup but Melvin Gordon does so much for that team it's not the same. Steelers are dominate in Primetime. I don't think it is even remotely weird to say they could go 1-1 in those games and not the way people think.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
In Oakland seasons where they beat the Steelers, The raiders (not counting the win against the steelers) are
3-12 (2013)
3-12 (2012)
7-8 (2009)
1-14 (2006)
Besides 2009, can you safely say this year's team is that much worse than a Jamarcus sweepstake or 3-12?
I don't know the current state in the last year but form 2009-2017 the Steelers had 15 loses to teams with a combined 25-89 record ( https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...tude-against-inferior-opponents-under-tomlin/)
They play awful on the road, and are not close to the team they are at home. They also play the Patriots the next week, they also have a bit of a history of looking over to the Patriots and that game is 100% there Super Bowl.

On the other side, Melvin Gordon, the Chargers best player is out. They have a good backup but Melvin Gordon does so much for that team it's not the same. Steelers are dominate in Primetime. I don't think it is even remotely weird to say they could go 1-1 in those games and not the way people think.
Oh because the past totally matters right now I totally forgot!!!

Yeah, everything you just posted is irrelevant.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

So the Chargers having no wins against decent teams or the Steelers being wayyy worse on the road vs home this year, and every other year with Ben and Tom. Start from week 5 from when the Steelers woke up. Points: 41, 28,33,23,54,20,17
Take a guess which 3 values came at Hienz
And setting their sights on their Super Bowl against the Patriots must not matter either because trap games are a made up concept

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
3-12 (2013)
3-12 (2012)
7-8 (2009)
1-14 (2006)

It’s definitely not a given the Steelers lose to OAK. That’s why I think they’ll drop that game but win the LAC game. They’re also home vs LAC so that’s another feather in their cap. I see the Steelers ending up 9-6-1 personally

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
IT SUCKS TO BE A CSU RAM SKO BUFFS
Thank you for this insightful discussion. My best friend's brother went to CU and loves the area but went to be a mechanical engineer and switched his major up so now he is fucked paying the full out of state for a place he didn't get his major at lol. Lucky you guys have some schools in your state that let you in. Everyone and their mother applies to UCLA and Berkley

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
It’s definitely not a given the Steelers lose to OAK. That’s why I think they’ll drop that game but win the LAC game. They’re also home vs LAC so that’s another feather in their cap. I see the Steelers ending up 9-6-1 personally
I think they matchup great vs the chargers. I don't think anyone matches up bad position by position against the Raiders lol. If the Raiders pull that game off it will be solely on ben having a few turnovers and his famous slow starts. The games have to be played for a reason right? If we somehow actually won the division I would buy a John Gruden jersey (the resale value won't be as high but I bet I could sell it back for $5 a year later)

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
The geometry unit circle, I remember the top values of the pies by ravens numbers, that is when you know it is a problem.
(2pie /, 3 pie over etc) I learned it two years ago as Kendrick Lewis (23) CJ (57) Orr (54) Flacco (5) Ryan Mallet (7) and Aiken (11)

I have no idea if that made any sense but it is 3:51 as I sit here studying for a stupid fucking calculus test contemplating if I even need to well and reconsidering my life options. Thank you that is all.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I am very scared of the colts. I think they're gonna win out or at most lose 1. I think that means we really need to beat the chargers.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I generally agree (and do here), but for some reason there are teams Ravens for instance stomp (Dolphins, Bills, Manningless Colts) and teans the Ravens struggle against no matter how bad they are overall (Jacksonville, Bengals).

I can't think of a logical reason for it with rosters constantly changing so you are right that past records are meaningless, but some stuff just always seems to happen.

Fournette suspended for this weeks game. Man, the Jags are absolutely imploding. A team whose bluster was once swag, now it all sounds like a bunch of hot air.

I was hoping these guys could muster a game at home against Indy as we really need them to pull an upset, but they are in such disarray it is hard to see that happening.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The geometry unit circle, I remember the top values of the pies by ravens numbers, that is when you know it is a problem.
(2pie /, 3 pie over etc) I learned it two years ago as Kendrick Lewis (23) CJ (57) Orr (54) Flacco (5) Ryan Mallet (7) and Aiken (11)

I have no idea if that made any sense but it is 3:51 as I sit here studying for a stupid fucking calculus test contemplating if I even need to well and reconsidering my life options. Thank you that is all.
i got to calc 2 and changed my whole major so i feel your pain