• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I actually find the older uniforms better than the current ones. I do love the all black though. I do think the Ravens have a very boring jersey. I really hope it gets revamped shortly. I definitely see their jersey as a bottom half of of the league if not lower jersey.
Really? I love them. Except the white ones, they're meh. But i really find the purple ones and the black ones beautiful. The color rush is the best in the league imo, tied with the Pats. Logo could be better.

Honestly though, nothing's worse than the Panthers... ugh.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Really? I love them. Except the white ones, they're meh. But i really find the purple ones and the black ones beautiful. The color rush is the best in the league imo, tied with the Pats. Logo could be better.

Honestly though, nothing's worse than the Panthers... ugh.
I actually really like the Panthers uniforms. I love the blue and black. I love the Ravens colors they have always been my favorite I just hate the logo and I find the uniforms just middle of the pack. My favorites are probably the Chargers.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I actually really like the Panthers uniforms. I love the blue and black. I love the Ravens colors they have always been my favorite I just hate the logo and I find the uniforms just middle of the pack. My favorites are probably the Chargers.
The Panthers unis are dope. There are several out there that are way worse. The Chargers are solid, though I'm personally partial to the version they wore in the mid-2000s during LaDanian Tomlinson's prime, with the blue helmets.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My personal favorite is the Raiders. Love the black and silver. I'm not a fan of the Seahawks jerseys but The Steelers throwbacks aren't even in the ball park. They are just outright nasty. Bees wouldn't wear them

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
Gettleman getting fired.... i hear hes kind of a brash, do it my way, kind of guy.... but i feel like its been a while since we've brought in any top talent from another FO, while we're consistently getting picked apart.

Say what you want about how hes handled their own FA's... hes been drafting well for a while.

Would you guys be interested if he'd be willing to take a role in our FO? idk what that position would be, especially with Ozzie here and Decosta the clear #2, and Hortiz firmly entrenched as the top of college evaluation... but im sure they could finagle the title to make him feel important.

While im always a staunch supporter of our FO when they get hate for their drafts, i dont think it would hurt to have a fresh, expert perspective come in to bounce off of these 3 who have been so in sync for years.

I mean its great to have Decosta and Hortiz who have been here as scouts since the beginning bc Ozzies been great, and we basically have his clone ready to take over. But that can also be detrimental in that you dont have a truly objective voice in the room since theyve largely been trained/bred in Ozzies image with his tendancies.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
The Panthers unis are dope. There are several out there that are way worse. The Chargers are solid, though I'm personally partial to the version they wore in the mid-2000s during LaDanian Tomlinson's prime, with the blue helmets.
Worst by far is that lime green Seahawks one or the Steelers bumblebee.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Funny you made this because I was right about to post a random thought. It's a playoff win appreciation type of deal. Looking back, we've dealt with some pretty damn difficult opposition and have for the most part always hung in since Harbaugh got here. Worst loss points wise was the Colts in 2009. Besides thats, took out the #1 seed in Harbs rookie season. Knocked the Pats out in 09. Nothing real special in 10. Knocked off a damn good team in 11 and should've been to the Bowl in 12(even though Texans were missing their qb). Everyone knows the 2012 story. And that Steelers beat down felt great especially considering the lack of talent we had in the secondary and again pushing the Pats. Damn it just let us in the goddam dance this year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Gettleman getting fired.... i hear hes kind of a brash, do it my way, kind of guy.... but i feel like its been a while since we've brought in any top talent from another FO, while we're consistently getting picked apart.

Say what you want about how hes handled their own FA's... hes been drafting well for a while.

Would you guys be interested if he'd be willing to take a role in our FO? idk what that position would be, especially with Ozzie here and Decosta the clear #2, and Hortiz firmly entrenched as the top of college evaluation... but im sure they could finagle the title to make him feel important.

While im always a staunch supporter of our FO when they get hate for their drafts, i dont think it would hurt to have a fresh, expert perspective come in to bounce off of these 3 who have been so in sync for years.

I mean its great to have Decosta and Hortiz who have been here as scouts since the beginning bc Ozzies been great, and we basically have his clone ready to take over. But that can also be detrimental in that you dont have a truly objective voice in the room since theyve largely been trained/bred in Ozzies image with his tendancies.

he'd be great as another voice in the room but given that he built a 2015 superbowl team and after a loose 2016 a team that looks set to bounce back - i think theres another gm job for him somewhere - he may even decide to wait a year and take a job next year when gms inevitably get fired

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The new end zone scoreboards.
DFmhKs8XUAAiJkU.jpg