• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Who i think should get each award (reminder these are regular season awards):

MVP: Lamar
OPOY: Tyreek
DPOY: Myles Garrett
COY: Ryans (toughest one - they probably give it to Stefanski but i dont agree with that at all... think Ryans, Harbs and Campbell are all better answers)
ACOY: Mike Mac
OROY: Stroud (but Puka would win basically any other year lol)
DROY: Anderson
CPOY: Flacco

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

Who i think should get each award (reminder these are regular season awards):

MVP: Lamar
OPOY: Tyreek
DPOY: Myles Garrett
COY: Ryans (toughest one - they probably give it to Stefanski but i dont agree with that at all... think Ryans, Harbs and Campbell are all better answers)
ACOY: Mike Mac
OROY: Stroud (but Puka would win basically any other year lol)
DROY: Anderson
CPOY: Flacco

I heard people say browns should get coach of year cuz he made playoffs with flacco. Shouldn’t harbs have way more? Ugh.

What pisses me off about flacco is my entire life I felt the same way- he’s a guy who’s really good when he had the PERFECT team around him. Run game, good line, solid tightened and play action game. I recall when he nearly signed with San Fran years ago and I thought- he would be amazing there. The browns roster was similar, I wonder how many games flacco wins with chub! Mad stef gets the credit for it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I heard people say browns should get coach of year cuz he made playoffs with flacco. Shouldn’t harbs have way more? Ugh.

What pisses me off about flacco is my entire life I felt the same way- he’s a guy who’s really good when he had the PERFECT team around him. Run game, good line, solid tightened and play action game. I recall when he nearly signed with San Fran years ago and I thought- he would be amazing there. The browns roster was similar, I wonder how many games flacco wins with chub! Mad stef gets the credit for it

the thing about stefanski is it would be crazy for him to potentially win 2 coach of the year awards in like 4 seasons haha... which would be a wild outcome

unlike MVP, it's an award that too often just gets given to a guy who has seemingly over-performed vs low expectations

i think Dan Campbell's issue is that he should really be coach of the last 3 years but this is a 1 year award

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
the thing about stefanski is it would be crazy for him to potentially win 2 coach of the year awards in like 4 seasons haha... which would be a wild outcome

unlike MVP, it's an award that too often just gets given to a guy who has seemingly over-performed vs low expectations

i think Dan Campbell's issue is that he should really be coach of the last 3 years but this is a 1 year award
Cleveland have a great roster so the expectations should never have been low in the first place. Stefanski's very good but he wasn't coach of the year -he did exactly the same as Harbaugh did last year - take a good but injured roster to a Wild Card exit.

He can't even point to QB injuries as a factor. They got an upgrade going from Groper to Flacco. Lamar to Huntley wasn't quite the same.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Cleveland have a great roster so the expectations should never have been low in the first place. Stefanski's very good but he wasn't coach of the year -he did exactly the same as Harbaugh did last year - take a good but injured roster to a Wild Card exit.

He can't even point to QB injuries as a factor. They got an upgrade going from Groper to Flacco. Lamar to Huntley wasn't quite the same.

Sean McVay was snubbed i think - the job he did this year with all those rookies and no top pick was awesome

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

plenty of people thought they would win the division.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Random thought but this guy has been nothing short of amazing this season in Marlon’s absence. I remember we were all mad when he got drafted. It’s time to give him his flowers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Random thought but this guy has been nothing short of amazing this season in Marlon’s absence. I remember we were all mad when he got drafted. It’s time to give him his flowers

I think it was less that ppl were mad and more that none of us knew who he was at that point

Turns out it was a thin draft class and they took a bet on a high-character, highly athletic DB who was a bit of a project because of a position switch from RB

This draft class looks like it might be even thinner than that one outside of a couple of positions

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
This draft class looks like it might be even thinner than that one outside of a couple of positions
I heard Jim Nagy say the late rounds are going to be a wasteland because of NIL and the transfer portal. He always tries to sell the Senior Bowl prospects as great players, so it really must be pretty grim.

Hopefully, that all normalises in time for the 25 draft when we'll probably have a lot of picks.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I was pissed tf off but I been giving this man his flowers since we kicked off week 1 in Vegas on MNF 2 years ago

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I heard Jim Nagy say the late rounds are going to be a wasteland because of NIL and the transfer portal. He always tries to sell the Senior Bowl prospects as great players, so it really must be pretty grim.

Hopefully, that all normalises in time for the 25 draft when we'll probably have a lot of picks.
I definitely think it will balance out, but not for this season.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Oh I knew he was gonna be a cornerstone of his defense. My only question was: when will it come into fruition? Mad props for stepping up his game to this extent. It took until the very end of the 2nd Bengals game for him to give up his first TD.