• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Here's an actual random thought:

I used to dream of the day the Ravens had an MVP, which by extension meant an elite quarterback. Since 1996, it just hadn't happened and I wasn't sure it ever would in my lifetime given the Ravens emphasis on defense (which still irks me to a degree, but that's a different discussion.)

On a similar note, the Ravens haven't drafted that surefire number one receiver, but it'll happen in due time. I actually believe that now after Lamar.

I was just thinking about how the Vikings had Diggs (5th round) and Thielen (UDFA) on their roster at one point and it got me thinking that at some point, luck will break the way of the Ravens and they will land a receiver they want to give a sizeable second contract to.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I used to dream of the day the Ravens had an MVP, which by extension meant an elite quarterback. Since 1996, it just hadn't happened and I wasn't sure it ever would in my lifetime given the Ravens emphasis on defense (which still irks me to a degree, but that's a different discussion.)

On a similar note, the Ravens haven't drafted that surefire number one receiver, but it'll happen in due time. I actually believe that now after Lamar.

I was just thinking about how the Vikings had Diggs (5th round) and Thielen (UDFA) on their roster at one point and it got me thinking that at some point, luck will break the way of the Ravens and they will land a receiver they want to give a sizeable second contract to.
We're hopeful that both Bateman AND Flowers can be just as productive as those two purple receivers if not more.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Tez Walker is the first time we’ve taken a R4 WR who I think could actually be something like that

JAAM

Hall of Famer
@Deebo813

IMG_1004.jpeg

Besides Tylan Wallace every other 4th round prospect we’ve drafted hasn’t had much potential. I think Tez is easily one of the more talented prospects we’ve landed in the 4th

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Besides Tylan Wallace every other 4th round prospect we’ve drafted hasn’t had much potential. I think Tez is easily one of the more talented prospects we’ve landed in the 4th
I don't know about that. I always thought Isaiah Likely had a lot of talent, but I agree with you. Tez could be one of the better ones and definitely the best day 3 wr we have ever drafted. Sadly there haven't been many good ones.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

See the problem is, it has nothing to do with luck

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Man i remember we drafted shaun wade, that was hands down the worst shit i had ever seen lol.. i was trying to figure out what others saw in him but man lol.. i instantly knew he wasnt gonna make the team

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
It would be nice to see a Steelers esq strategy to Tez and have him run a simpler route tree this year to get his feet wet. Would love Lamar to develop a deep toss trust to him now and then

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember we discussed an all white uniform for the Ravens a few years ago. I think the Vikings crushed it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Man i remember we drafted shaun wade, that was hands down the worst shit i had ever seen lol.. i was trying to figure out what others saw in him but man lol.. i instantly knew he wasnt gonna make the team
Shaun Wade was forced into a wide corner role in 2020 and he was awful there, but played pretty well in the previous year when he played slot corner. I think we wanted to see how he would be at slot corner. Atleast we were able to trade him to the Patriots for a 5th and a 7th.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I remember we discussed an all white uniform for the Ravens a few years ago. I think the Vikings crushed it.
Yeah the drip is 10/10. I believe we play the Vikings in Minnesota next season. I would love nothing more than to play them in December when they have their "winter whiteout" game and we wear our all blacks. That'd be almost as chaotic as wearing our regular purples.

I don't know about that. I always thought Isaiah Likely had a lot of talent, but I agree with you. Tez could be one of the better ones and definitely the best day 3 wr we have ever drafted. Sadly there haven't been many good ones.

Sorry I meant to say WR prospects. I was joining in on that conversation about 4th round WRs. However, Likely was talented and there was other players who had potential as well.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It would be nice to see a Steelers esq strategy to Tez and have him run a simpler route tree this year to get his feet wet. Would love Lamar to develop a deep toss trust to him now and then
DK Metcalf has made his money on a very limited and simplified route tree.

Just know what your players do well and milk it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Madden Cover Athlete is being revealed Tuesday. EA posted this clip and all we get is the player sounding excited. People are saying it sounds like Burrow or CMC.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Madden Cover Athlete is being revealed Tuesday. EA posted this clip and all we get is the player sounding excited. People are saying it sounds like Burrow or CMC.

Burrow would not make sense to me

CMC does