• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
hopefully for getting a 3rd for jensen the problem was his only playing 75% of the snaps because of his injury rather than his pure contract value because with the yearly inflation im worried that Jensen's contract would be right at the borderline for 3rd/4th round comp this year
Thanks for reminding me, I do believe the injury knocked Wagner down. Still don’t understand why it ended up being a 6th

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thanks for reminding me, I do believe the injury knocked Wagner down. Still don’t understand why it ended up being a 6th

because of cancellations

so contracts of equal value cancel (or a larger one cancels a smaller one)
so jefferson's contract cancelled downwards in projections because his contract was equivalent to a 4th rounder so we kept the 3rd rounder for wagner - but when wagner's actual comp value was deemed worth a 4th rounder - the contract was cancelled out by jefferson and we ended up with a 6th rounder (that would have been cancelled out in stead)

originally it worked out like this:

Rick Wagner (3rd rounder)
Tony Jefferson (4th) cancels out Kyle Juszcyzk (6th)
Brandon Carr (5th) cancels out Lawrence Guy (6th)
Danny Woodhead (7th) cancels out Kamar Aiken (7th)
Vlad Ducasse (7th) fell outside top 32

but because wagner was a 4th in actuality it worked out like this:

Tony Jefferson (4th) cancels out Rick Wagner (4th)
Brandon Carr (5th) cancels out Kyle Juszcyzk (6th)
Lawrence Guy (6th rounder)
Danny Woodhead (7th) cancels out Kamar Aiken (7th)
Vlad Ducasse (7th) fell outside top 32

hence the projected 3rd rounder becomes an actual 6th rounder

There is no threat of that this year because even if Jensen is deemed a 4th rounder, the highest cancelling contract is John Brown which is most likely a 6th at most and will therefore cancel out Ben Watson (7th)

so if worst comes to the worst we'll get a 4th rounder in stead of a 3rd this year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is nice to hear but read it to it how you may. Mosley says he feels there is a 100% chance he is a Raven next season and he wants to work out a long term deal. Other players heading into free agency have kind of gotten a vibe as the season was ending.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Just a note, it seems many players that come from other teams, say they enjoy Baltimore more than any other place they've been a la Weddle and John Brown. I don't know if that's just a cute thing to say or if we're really a special place. It really seems like the players like playing for John

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Just a note, it seems many players that come from other teams, say they enjoy Baltimore more than any other place they've been a la Weddle and John Brown. I don't know if that's just a cute thing to say or if we're really a special place. It really seems like the players like playing for John
And thats why i want john to stay.. even steve smith had nothing but positive stuff to say and we all
Know he never holds back lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

On that note - lots of them stay in and around Baltimore with their families too

Daryl Smith, for example, still lives in Baltimore as far as I’m aware and he only spent 3 years on the Ravens

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
On that note - lots of them stay in and around Baltimore with their families too

Daryl Smith, for example, still lives in Baltimore as far as I’m aware and he only spent 3 years on the Ravens
It’s so weird that Baltimore is such a shitty place but players stay like that.

I guess if you can afford the bullshit taxes enough to stay in a nice area then it’s not that bad, but for regular blue collar working folks like me this place is garbage, so expensive and most of the work is over an hour away in DC/VA

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm expecting some moves the next couple of days, Zrebiec and another reports Telford(??) are dropping hints on twitter.

Our running backs coach Hammock is the frontrunner for a college position.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm expecting some moves the next couple of days, Zrebiec and another reports Telford(??) are dropping hints on twitter.

Our running backs coach Hammock is the frontrunner for a college position.

I don’t really blame him if he wants to leave - RB coach is a pretty hard position to get a HC (or even OC) job from without some sort of interim firing going on like with Anthony lynn and Freddie kitchens

For the good of hammock’s career he might have to move on - we don’t have an offensive coaching tree in the way we have a defensive one