• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Random question. If you only got to choose between DK Metcalf and Greedy Williams, who would you take? Honestly, I'd take Greedy despite our cornerback situation. Not a fan DK.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Random question. If you only got to choose between DK Metcalf and Greedy Williams, who would you take? Honestly, I'd take Greedy despite our cornerback situation. Not a fan DK.
If you use DK at his strengths and not worry about his weaknesses his ceiling is through the roof.

He runs verticals, posts, slants and curls and can also run digs but they never ran digs at ole miss. Not one for any of the WRs. He can't be pressed and forces defenses to play there hand. Yes, he has bust potential, but his ceiling is through the roof. No question Greedy Williams is going to be very good in this league and fits our offense. It would definitely be a difficult decision, but I'd go with DK due to our needs and needs does way into bpa.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

greedy - take the best player available tbh and i think greedy is a much better prospect than DK - ultimately though if that was the decision i think we leverage a trade down

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Greedy, take the elite talent who should definitely be top ten over a guy with real bust potential

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
greedy - take the best player available tbh and i think greedy is a much better prospect than DK - ultimately though if that was the decision i think we leverage a trade down
we would definitely trade down. I like both Greedy and Byron Murphy tbh. Both have different strengths one is more of a technician, the other has length speed and is better at press coverage. Both have tremendous upsides

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is there such a thing on the ravens staff as a pass rush coach (or some such title)? There really needs to be. A guy who studies the oppositions tackles 365 days a year and game plans specific to each.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Greedy, take the elite talent who should definitely be top ten over a guy with real bust potential
DK Metcalf if he gets drafted by the right team is going to be an all pro, and I think he's actually a good fit here.

If he goes to the Steelers, Packers, Giants, look out. If he goes to say the Bengals, Bills, so on and so forth he's fucked.

For Lamar's sake. DK

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
DK Metcalf if he gets drafted by the right team is going to be an all pro, and I think he's actually a good fit here.

If he goes to the Steelers, Packers, Giants, look out. If he goes to say the Bengals, Bills, so on and so forth he's fucked.

For Lamar's sake. DK
I think you’ve said this once or a hundred times.

I’m still not with it. The injuries and lack of production are too much for me to get over, and while I do respect his ceiling(I really do, if we took him I’d still be excited because of the potential) I just think there is too much to be worried about