• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Baltimore Ravens‏Verified account @Ravens
On this day in 1996, we officially become the Ravens. #RavensFlock

D21Gh6wX0AAe5Tu.jpg

2:45 AM - 30 Mar 2019

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The current projected win total for teams by Division from Las Vegas

AFC East:
Patriots: 11
Jets: 7
Bills: 6
Dolphins: 5

AFC North:
Steelers: 9
Browns: 9
Ravens: 8.5
Bengals: 6

AFC South:
Colts: 9.5
Texans: 8.5
Titans: 8.5
Jaguars: 8

AFC West:
Chiefs: 10.5
Chargers: 10
Broncos: 7
Raiders: 6

NFC East:
Eagles 9.5
Cowboys: 8.5
Giants: 6
Redskins: 6

NFC North:
Bears: 9.5
Packers: 9
Vikings: 9
Lions: 7

NFC South:
Saints: 10.5
Falcons: 8.5
Panthers: 8
Bucs: 6

NFC West:
Rams: 10.5
Seahawks: 8.5
49ers: 8
Cardinals: 5

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

AFC East:

AFC North:

AFC South:

AFC West:

NFC East:
Eagles 9.5

NFC North:

NFC South:

NFC West:
Taking pats under again lol.. its more risker this season though. I dnt think they ever won less than 11 games with brady.. packers at 9? i have to check their schedule cause with a healthy arod much improved d, it should be at atleast 10

rossihunter2

Staff Member

AFC East:

AFC North:

AFC South:

AFC West:

NFC East:
Eagles 9.5

NFC North:

NFC South:

NFC West:

i feel like vegas puts the ravens at 8.5 this time of year every year no matter what's gone on the year before

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wasn’t sure where to put this but the nfl just released all the “legends” who are announcing picks at the draft and when they’re scheduled to pick

Jamal Lewis is scheduled to announce our 2nd round pick but we don’t have one - what’s even weirder is I checked whether something had just gotten missed but no the ravens have adalius Thomas announcing our 3rd round picks

My guess is they get one each but last year both our 3rd rounders were announced by the same person...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Wasn’t sure where to put this but the nfl just released all the “legends” who are announcing picks at the draft and when they’re scheduled to pick

Jamal Lewis is scheduled to announce our 2nd round pick but we don’t have one - what’s even weirder is I checked whether something had just gotten missed but no the ravens have adalius Thomas announcing our 3rd round picks

My guess is they get one each but last year both our 3rd rounders were announced by the same person...
jamal also announced kamalei correa

maybe this is for the best

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

Maybe it's a "just in case" the Ravens happen to trade out of the first.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Brett kollmans video about how roseman runs the eagles reminds me of the ravens recent trends(except for a few things). The main one being how we handle our defense, we pay big money to safeties because drafting them is a mega crapshoot and safeties make less money than corners thus are more affordable, draft a lot of corners and sign bargain ones for depth because that’s how you keep a talented, deep, and affordable group at one of the leagues priciest and most valuable positions. Spend lots of later picks on the defensive front to keep talent stocked and rotate them.

With the weddle, Jefferson, and Thomas signings, and the drafting of young, Humphrey and averett 3 consecutive years despite having jimmy and Carr, it looks like we definitely follow that philosophy, and we spend a lot of late picks on the DL so that fits the philosophy as well.

Now if only we could value the OL the same way they do

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Brett kollmans video about how roseman runs the eagles reminds me of the ravens recent trends(except for a few things). The main one being how we handle our defense, we pay big money to safeties because drafting them is a mega crapshoot and safeties make less money than corners thus are more affordable, draft a lot of corners and sign bargain ones for depth because that’s how you keep a talented, deep, and affordable group at one of the leagues priciest and most valuable positions. Spend lots of later picks on the defensive front to keep talent stocked and rotate them.

With the weddle, Jefferson, and Thomas signings, and the drafting of young, Humphrey and averett 3 consecutive years despite having jimmy and Carr, it looks like we definitely follow that philosophy, and we spend a lot of late picks on the DL so that fits the philosophy as well.

Now if only we could value the OL the same way they do

Didn't those bastards take a few of our scouts?