• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
really, that's news to me, albeit old news.
really, that's news to me, albeit old news.
Not trying to drop names but I was told this from someone who would know. He told me on Easter and I didn't ask if this was a commonly known thing but I'm sure it is true. He said we blocked him from interviewing and at the time he was pissed...also that he no longer felt angry over it. So, I'd say you're on to something.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not trying to drop names but I was told this from someone who would know. He told me on Easter and I didn't ask if this was a commonly known thing but I'm sure it is true. He said we blocked him from interviewing and at the time he was pissed...also that he no longer felt angry over it. So, I'd say you're on to something.
it is very interesting, even if it is old news. Thanks for sharing

rossihunter2

Staff Member

huh that's interesting - id imagine him getting over it would have something to do with the fact that it was not a good job to get in hindsight - becoming a puppet GM for an over-powered and uncharismatic coach with very little actual personnel control and having to work with someone who just started (and won) an power struggle - and then got fired like a year (or 2) later...

I wonder how Marty feels now that hes been booted and we drafted someone who beat up his son.
Can’t believe it was over a pair of cleats. Just childish imo. I think Willis will be a better player in the pros than college especially in our scheme. He played mainly nose tackle at Miami but he’s probably going to play DE for us.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Now that a day's gone by since the end of the draft, I'd give our draft a B. Look, I don't watch game tape so I can't comment on the specifics of each player unless if I'm going by what you guys say. I REALLY wish we had a 2nd round, but whatevs. I would've liked another G/C and definitely an ILB but from my understanding, this ILB class was weak. We tend to do well with developing late-round and undrafted defensive players so I'm not TOO worried, but that's just my two cents.

What overall grade do you guys give?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Now that a day's gone by since the end of the draft, I'd give our draft a B. Look, I don't watch game tape so I can't comment on the specifics of each player unless if I'm going by what you guys say. I REALLY wish we had a 2nd round, but whatevs. I would've liked another G/C and definitely an ILB but from my understanding, this ILB class was weak. We tend to do well with developing late-round and undrafted defensive players so I'm not TOO worried, but that's just my two cents.

What overall grade do you guys give?
https://purpleflock.com/threads/1026/

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
i had 1 blip where i couldnt a couple of days ago (or maybe yesterday) but its mostly been fine for me
It was happening a lot for me earlier on my phone this morning. It would work when I tried using my computer, and then I could access from my phone. Then I couldn't access from my laptop or phone. Other websites were working just fine.

It seems like it's working fine now though.

Had the same thing yesterday and the day before. Just kept saying it couldn't connect, or taking me to a page about selling domain names or something.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Um.... I thought it wouldn't be possible to want Jon Gruden back on the ESPN MNF Booth but ESPN made it happen. This is the booth for MNF this season.

Play By Play: Joe Tessitore
Analyst: Booger McFarland
Reporter: Lisa Salters

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Um.... I thought it wouldn't be possible to want Jon Gruden back on the ESPN MNF Booth but ESPN made it happen. This is the booth for MNF this season.

Its gonna sound like were watching college football lmao

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I loved gruden on MNF, aside from sackriding every qb. Gruden would hype Nathan peterman if he completes a pass

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am excited to hear more about Markus Jones ; If he shows well against camp guys and holds his own against NFL guys once camp commences.