• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Brown buys his mom a house and a car and people criticize him for not spending wisely... this is how you get Marshawn Lynch's with the media and why players become abrasive with fans.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Brown buys his mom a house and a car and people criticize him for not spending wisely... this is how you get Marshawn Lynch's with the media and why players become abrasive with fans.
Dumbasses.
Why the fuck anybody even cares what players do with their money?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If I struck rich I’m not buying my mom a house and car... but I’m damn sure paying off the mortgage on her big ass house and any upgrades she wants.

Buying your mom a house and car is some wholesome shit and I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would criticize that. If he was a cowboy or steeler, or if he was... dare I say it... white(and I’m white, and not a SJW, obviously) he wouldn’t get backlash for such a thing

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Michael pierce, I ain’t gonna be able to eat a goddamn thing
Looking at it in a different light, I think I'd like to be stranded on a deserted island with RG3. We could make so many jokes about the skins we would forget we were stuck on an island.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I saw on the BR.com that former quarterback Anthony Wright was shot multiple times by his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend in North Carolina. He was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery and is now listed in stable condition. The police obtained an arrest warrant for the shooter.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
what do you all think will hurt us the most this year... our lbs or pass rushers?

These the only options?

I feel like the defense will shock people. The pass rush would vanish for weeks at a time before we let Suggs go. If that's all I have to choose from its LBs by default but I'm more interested/concerned with Lamars development and new playbook/playcalling.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I saw on the BR.com that former quarterback Anthony Wright was shot multiple times by his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend in North Carolina. He was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery and is now listed in stable condition. The police obtained an arrest warrant for the shooter.
Wow, that’s terrible.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Lamar haters of course! This forum will kill anyone who even criticizes him once.

Whatever. He plays like shit he's going to hear it. That said he's a young qb. I don't like truly judging them until year 3. People forget Elam looked competent year one...

Who criticized him?

Comment section. When I'm feeling dangerous I peruse pft comments and am never disappointed by people's stupidity/trolling.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
what do you all think will hurt us the most this year... our lbs or pass rushers?
Pass rushers. I actually have a LOT of faith in peanut, I think he’s got a chance to really become something special, and Kenny young I have concerns with but I’m optimistic, he’s got a very anticipatory play style and he messed up at times last year because of it, but he made a lot of plays doing that as well. What I’m hoping is that he really hones in on his ability to jump a play pre snap with film study and reps. Also all reports are that Chris board is looking like a real deal LB, and that’s in OTAs where his thumper play style is at a big disadvantage.

Pass rush however... I like Judon as an OLB, but not to spearhead the pass rush, he’s a 3 down edge guy, but as a pass rusher his production comes and goes in spurts, he doesn’t have the natural traits to be an elite pass rusher. Tim Williams I’m just hoping gets his shit together, if he does he’s an elite pass rusher. and bowser I think could be better as a rusher than we think, but he’s got a lot of refining still to do if he’s gonna even see the field. Shane ray I didn’t like in college and don’t like now, Ferguson... eh, I’ve come around a bit but I still don’t know, and McPhee is a mover and not really an edge guy.

Just so many question marks at pass rush and I think I’m higher on peanut than most

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
These the only options?

I feel like the defense will shock people. The pass rush would vanish for weeks at a time before we let Suggs go. If that's all I have to choose from its LBs by default but I'm more interested/concerned with Lamars development and new playbook/playcalling.
I think we are gonna struggle no matter what on offense. Lots of young players, new plays plus lamar. Its gonna be tough at times

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Jealousy is such a bad trait.