• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Tank

Hall of Famer
Despite the clip being silent I can hear the thoughts of the coaches all screaming "GO DOWN AND WE WIN!!! PLEASE GO DOWN..."
IDK, he was pretty much running away. They could however been thinking “please don’t lateral, please don’t lateral”. lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ray Rice was a great football player.. Just watching 2011 opener. What a weapon.
Was watching our championship win vs the pats recently and man he was such a great receiver, like he could’ve been a starting slot receiver in the nfl.

I think he was a little overrated as a real RB, but as far as being a true three down guy he was a real weapon, his third down work was reminiscent of Marshall Faulk

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Was watching our championship win vs the pats recently and man he was such a great receiver, like he could’ve been a starting slot receiver in the nfl.

I think he was a little overrated as a real RB, but as far as being a true three down guy he was a real weapon, his third down work was reminiscent of Marshall Faulk
And of course, there was 4th and 29. NONE of our most recent RBs would've pulled that off.

Tank

Hall of Famer
It was really sad to watch the real RR disappear after the SB. Losing his mentor Ray Lewis was the beginning of the end. He completely lost focus and sucked. Running behind what was arguably the worst line in the NFL didn’t help, but you could just tell he had lost interest in the game.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It was really sad to watch the real RR disappear after the SB. Losing his mentor Ray Lewis was the beginning of the end. He completely lost focus and sucked. Running behind what was arguably the worst line in the NFL didn’t help, but you could just tell he had lost interest in the game.

I think it was injury and the OL. Fully expected Rice to have career type year in 14 but...

*gets one hand shove*
“Lol [profanity deleted] that I’ll just go over here”

That shit had me dying. It's like he realized who was playing next to him and decided on the express lane.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he had a bit of an off season post super bowl hangover. He was overweight if memory serves and as you say the line was atrocious.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I think he had a bit of an off season post super bowl hangover. He was overweight if memory serves and as you say the line was atrocious.
He said he purposely “bulked up” hitting the weights harder. The painful part to watch was the way avoided contact and often just fell down anticipating a hit.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
When he was in Baltimore, we nicknamed Flacco "Joe Cool". Two Broncos players have given him two new nicknames. Emmanuel Sanders nicknamed him "Pretty Boy Flacco" and Left Tackle Garrett Bolles named him "Papa Joe" since he has 5 kids lol. New Head Coach Vic Fangio has spoken well about Flacco in Camp so far.

"I see a guy who hasn't lost any skills," Fangio said. "He has a big arm, but he throws a ball that's very catchable. When he has to put some steam on it, he can do that too. I see a guy who is happy to be here. He hasn't lost his love for the game."

Would be awesome if we win the AFC North, then Joe Flacco haunts the Steelers & Browns by keeping them out of the playoffs and taking the Broncos to the playoffs over them lol.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/20...s-news-players-give-joe-flacco-two-nicknames/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...shing-to-get-even-better-coaches-stepping-up/

A1A

Veteran

Not picking sides, but his points on not playing guys for favorites seems to ring true. Who knows, though.

I'm picking sides...I remember everything hes saying I followed Bernard since day one and for a long time his play was under the radar and once I heard we signed him I said hes gonna start. Then he didnt I called bs eventually everything worked out and we won a SB. Once we lost him we got soft and Harbaugh showed his true colors.

Last edited:

A1A

Veteran
Vs Buffalo in 2013 the worst run defense at the time with one of the best secondaries. Harbaugh forced Flacco to throw the ball 50+ times! What was the outcome?? 5 picks..I believe we lost by 2. Harbaugh also decided to kneel the ball and take it to halftime with 1:45 left and a time out from their 40 I think. Harbaugh is a pos coach super kiss ass and hit the lotto with the Ravens leaders and that loyal organization.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm picking sides...I remember everything hes saying I followed Benard since day one and for a long time his play was under the radar and once I heard we signed him I said hes gonna start. Then he didnt I called bs eventually everything worked out and we won a SB. Once we lost him we got soft and Harbaugh showed his true colors.

Was Consadine? starting or Ihed...Hedge... Hmmm. I'm not looking up either of these guys names. Who got the ss spot initially? We've seen this with McPhee, Jimmy early on, Ellerbe, Kruger, McKinnie, Williams and one of my favorites, Antwan Barnes. Hell, everyone knew that Brown should have been playing at RT and it took an injury for that. He does seem extremely stubborn when it comes to personnel.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Was Consadine? starting or Ihed...Hedge... Hmmm. I'm not looking up either of these guys names. Who got the ss spot initially? We've seen this with McPhee, Jimmy early on, Ellerbe, Kruger, McKinnie, Williams and one of my favorites, Antwan Barnes. Hell, everyone knew that Brown should have been playing at RT and it took an injury for that. He does seem extremely stubborn when it comes to personnel.
Yea but when just signed a guy to a 25yr deal, shouodnt you give him a chance to showcase

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Not picking sides, but his points on not playing guys for favorites seems to ring true. Who knows, though.

not saying this is the case, but maybe its harbaugh way of doing things. Maybe its his way of getting the best out of players. or maybe we all are just dont know whats really going on and just being dramatic