• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
All this uncertainty around the O line has made me feel a lot more appreciative of Nick Boyle.
Yeah I wasn’t big on the extension at first but watching some of Edgar’s breakdowns on him really opened my eyes, he’s not just a good blocking TE, his ability to block in a LOT of different ways is rare, on a run heavy, possession style chain moving offense he is a weapon

purp

Practice Squad
Yeah I wasn’t big on the extension at first but watching some of Edgar’s breakdowns on him really opened my eyes, he’s not just a good blocking TE, his ability to block in a LOT of different ways is rare, on a run heavy, possession style chain moving offense he is a weapon

FilmStudy, Edgar Allen, Michael Crawford, and (maybe) Spencer Schultz should really collab. FilmStudy does the best comprehensive analysis but those other three guys could add a lot by highlighting specific plays/players with video.

I know Ken is working on getting Edgar on the show in the next couple weeks but I think getting them all together on a consistent basis could be a huge asset for Ravens fans. Sad that life got in the way for Crawford because he’s been the best amateur pairing with Ken thus far.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I know hes good but 1st rd pick trade for a guy turning 32? Ehh...

If you could get 3-4 years it's worth it. Also, he's pissed because the Redskins medical staff seems to have the same training as a shady gym steroids dealer.

purp

Practice Squad
Can we talk about David Culley?

I’ve never seen the Ravens develop receivers the way they have this year. Jaleel Scott is unrecognizable. Miles Boykin is on a steady trajectory and Hollywood is progressing as well. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Modster and Wesley at the same place in their progression as Scott this time last year, and they’re both more polished now than he was then.

Very encouraged by the receivers.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Can we talk about David Culley?

I’ve never seen the Ravens develop receivers the way they have this year. Jaleel Scott is unrecognizable. Miles Boykin is on a steady trajectory and Hollywood is progressing as well. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Modster and Wesley at the same place in their progression as Scott this time last year, and they’re both more polished now than he was then.

Very encouraged by the receivers.
best signing of the year

A1A

Veteran
Speaking of the Redskins seems like they struck gold with my reach of a pick in the 6th round! Unbelievable...#KelvinHarmon

Dude is a flat out beast and a recent article where he talks about enjoying trucking db's is exactly why I wanted him. Deceivingly fast and will plow a LB on running plays. Not sure which hurts more JuJu or Harmon. Looks like we got a ST ace in Scott tho lol. I do enjoy watching Boykin but I'm afraid that we cant execute the type of plays that Hollywood needs. That's why I wasnt all in on him in the 1st. He'll make a big play here and there but i dont see him taking over a game like a 1st WR should. Boykin can tho...so could Scott.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Speaking of the Redskins seems like they struck gold with my reach of a pick in the 6th round! Unbelievable...#KelvinHarmon

Dude is a flat out beast and a recent article where he talks about enjoying trucking db's is exactly why I wanted him. Deceivingly fast and will plow a LB on running plays. Not sure which hurts more JuJu or Harmon. Looks like we got a ST ace in Scott tho lol. I do enjoy watching Boykin but I'm afraid that we cant execute the type of plays that Hollywood needs. That's why I wasnt all in on him in the 1st. He'll make a big play here and there but i dont see him taking over a game like a 1st WR should. Boykin can tho...so could Scott.
Ive liked Harmon from the get go. His route running ability is one of the best in this draft class.

A1A

Veteran
Ive liked Harmon from the get go. His route running ability is one of the best in this draft class.

Another case where a 40 time had a WR drop...I just dont understand how hard it is to see game tape. He embarrassed the same DB's that went in the 1st-3rd rounds.

Also tough as nails with no injury history.