• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
the whole 2017 draft class looking like it maybe one of worse. Well other than hump.. this year is gonna let us know whats up.

I'm not going to blame the FO for Nico who shredded his knee in camp. Hump is good. Bowser is looking like a bust. Wormley was hurt his first year as well and has been decent when healthy. Williams, to me, has been hampered by coaches not giving him reps. If there was someone who I had to guess took a huge "leap", it would be him. London didn't work out, but we at least were able to get a pick back for him so can't call that a failure. Clark has been serviceable, but his spot is about to get JACKED by Elliot. If you get 2-3 players to rely on in a draft, you've done your job as a GM. I don't know what the vibes were around draft time, but I actually liked the Bowser pick. The Harbaugh staff seems to have a tendency to not play guys early, or too their strength until contract time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not going to blame the FO for Nico who shredded his knee in camp. Hump is good. Bowser is looking like a bust. Wormley was hurt his first year as well and has been decent when healthy. Williams, to me, has been hampered by coaches not giving him reps. If there was someone who I had to guess took a huge "leap", it would be him. London didn't work out, but we at least were able to get a pick back for him so can't call that a failure. Clark has been serviceable, but his spot is about to get JACKED by Elliot. If you get 2-3 players to rely on in a draft, you've done your job as a GM. I don't know what the vibes were around draft time, but I actually liked the Bowser pick. The Harbaugh staff seems to have a tendency to not play guys early, or too their strength until contract time.
this is the year we will be able to make that call on the 2017 draft. Although I would have rather had an offensive lineman or WR with our 2nd round pick, I was happy with Bowser. I was extremely happy when we drafted T.Will in the third also. This year they will get playing time and we will know for sure.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ive read that Tim Williams strength hasnt improved going into his 3rd season, is that accurate?
Actually looks like he’s regressed. His preseason compared to last years regular season looks bad, he looks like he’s not even trying, slow first step, no attempt at any kind of finesse moves or real hand moves, he’s just bull rushing and it doesn’t work for him obviously. I’m really disappointed

rossihunter2

Staff Member
the whole 2017 draft class looking like it maybe one of worse. Well other than hump.. this year is gonna let us know whats up.

i dont know about that

marlon humphrey's awesome
bowser and williams we'll see if they take that next step but they've been the 2 mvps on defence for me this preseason (remember the 3 year rule for ravens draft pick pass rushers)
wormley's a really good looking 5tech
Siragusa busted for whatever reason you want
Eluemunor gave us some snaps when we were in need and then we flipped him for more than his original draft value - we just got a 4th round pick for a 5th rounder who was never a consistent starter
Chuck Clark has been a good 6th round pick

its not a mind-blowing draft and a lot of it will hinge on how bowser and williams do this year but that's not bad either

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ive read that Tim Williams strength hasnt improved going into his 3rd season, is that accurate?

Actually looks like he’s regressed. His preseason compared to last years regular season looks bad, he looks like he’s not even trying, slow first step, no attempt at any kind of finesse moves or real hand moves, he’s just bull rushing and it doesn’t work for him obviously. I’m really disappointed

i must be seeing completely different things to you two out of preseason - he and bowser have been an absolute handful for tackles in all phases of the preseason games

A1A

Veteran
I havent been able to catch much PS FB but remember yall a smart FB team wont show their cards till the season starts. As long as our guys aren't getting blown up I'm ok with the vanilla play, we could be telling them to play cautiously out there. I've read that Bowser looks good havent heard anything about Williams nor Ray. I think they all make the team; its not like we have guys on the bench with their pedigree and speed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I havent been able to catch much PS FB but remember yall a smart FB team wont show their cards till the season starts. As long as our guys aren't getting blown up I'm ok with the vanilla play, we could be telling them to play cautiously out there. I've read that Bowser looks good havent heard anything about Williams nor Ray. I think they all make the team; its not like we have guys on the bench with their pedigree and speed.

does not look like shane ray is making this team - he's been buried down the depth chart and not really shown much even against lower-level competition - not many pressures, .5 of a sack in total etc.

A1A

Veteran
I see the packers are shopping Lane Taylor..could we use him? Is he any better than what we already have??

A1A

Veteran
Also I'm just throwing it out there for the sake of convo but what do yall think about Trent Williams? I mean I know he has a pricey tag but could we? Would we? Should we? Is it crazy to even think of it? Definitely not for anything higher than a 4th well maybe for a 3rd depending how bad the FO believes our line is.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Also I'm just throwing it out there for the sake of convo but what do yall think about Trent Williams? I mean I know he has a pricey tag but could we? Would we? Should we? Is it crazy to even think of it? Definitely not for anything higher than a 4th well maybe for a 3rd depending how bad the FO believes our line is.
move him to RT and brown inisde?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

If the rumors of the Pats offering a 1 are true then it would take at least that to pry him away and outside is not the problem area.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i must be seeing completely different things to you two out of preseason - he and bowser have been an absolute handful for tackles in all phases of the preseason games
I’ve seen bowser wreaking havoc, he’s been a really pleasant surprise after I wrote him off, but I’m not seeing it with Williams. I saw a lot in I think it was game one, but since then he’s looked sluggish and lazy