• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

I have off-topic question:

I’m getting an error message on my browser when I open this site. I am using an iPad, IOS v.12.4. The message is:
“This connection is not private” when I view details it says that the certificate has expired. Anyone else seen this? If so, how do I fix it?

Wasn’t sure if there is a place to post this kind of stuff, so sorry if this not the right place.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I’m getting an error message on my browser when I open this site. I am using an iPad, IOS v.12.4. The message is:
“This connection is not private” when I view details it says that the certificate has expired. Anyone else seen this? If so, how do I fix it?

Wasn’t sure if there is a place to post this kind of stuff, so sorry if this not the right place.

Everyone is getting it, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

The security certificate expired. Makes browsing on mobile a pain in the ass

Everyone is getting it, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I think I just fixed it. When I viewed details there is a selection to visit site. When I did that I closed it down and and then was able to open with my bookmark no problems. Weird.

A1A

Veteran
Do you ever post something positive about this team? I swear like 99% of your posts are complaining about something...

Ty got his chance here and it didn't work out. Could be a scheme issue, could be an issue where he was having trouble with the playbook (remember that we got him mid-season), or it could have been something else. Regardless, he's moved on and so should we. I'd much rather be watching Hill fulfill the role of our pass-catching back anyways.

He didn't get a chance tho..Point I'm making is we kept Dixon over him. I'd much rather have Ingram,Ty,Hill,Edwards. Guys that can actually help this team. Btw fyi this is a message board where fans vent, if u don't like it don't respond.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
He didn't get a chance tho..Point I'm making is we kept Dixon over him. I'd much rather have Ingram,Ty,Hill,Edwards. Guys that can actually help this team. Btw fyi this is a message board where fans vent, if u don't like it don't respond.

He DID get a chance though. If you compare his stats last year while he was on GB to when he was with us then you'll see that there wasn't much of a difference in usage.

GB: 7 games, 26 carries, 105 rushing yds/ 23 targets, 15 receptions, 170 receiving yds
BAL: 6 games, 15 carries, 83 rushing yds/ 17 targets, 10 receptions, 65 receiving yds

So, we honestly used him about as much as GB did with the only noticeable drop-off being in the receiving yds (which you can blame Marty's uninspired play-calling for this). Saying that Ty "didn't get a chance" is just not the case because he got opportunities here and just didn't do enough with them to warrant us keeping him.

And I don't have a problem with you or anyone else "venting", but it gets tiresome when just about every post is something negative. Why even be a fan if you can't say anything nice about the team?

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Just like with Kenneth Dixon injuries have been a concern with Ty Montgomery. Montgomery hasn't come close to playing a full 16 game since 2016.. He's a talented back but he didn't show enough for The Ravens to keep him.Lamar Jackson starting after Joe Flacco was injured didn't make matters better for him since Montgomery shines even more in the passing game.He also isn't your ideal feature running back that you want starting on every snap and since The Ravens had Dixon, Edwards, Turner, Irvin, and Collins already on the roster before free agency even started it didn't make sense to keep him. The Ravens already knew they were going to need a number 1 running back and they already had a capable number 2 and 3 running backs on the roster before they even signed Mark Ingram. Just didn't make sense for The Ravens to sign two veteran running backs to their roster.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Healthy Dixon is a better rb than Montgomery. Montgomery doesn’t offer enough to pass up on the potential of Dixon especially considering we have multiple backs better than Montgomery beyond Dixon, so health isn’t much of a worry since we have good backs even when Dixon is hurt, so it’s not like we need Montgomery to fill in. When Dixon is healthy he’s consistently been the best rb we’ve had. When he got healthy last year and got his carries he was hard to stop, he has a knack for getting a hot hand when given carries and breaks one run after another by breaking tackles all on his own. Ty Montgomery is not nearly the same caliber of back that Dixon is when he’s healthy.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
So ESPN apparently did a survey of 10 head coaches and asked them a bunch of questions about their peers and other random stuff and one of the more telling things is how highly the Ravens staff is ranked. Harbs at 9, Roman at 6, Wink at 2, and front office at 5.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So ESPN apparently did a survey of 10 head coaches and asked them a bunch of questions about their peers and other random stuff and one of the more telling things is how highly the Ravens staff is ranked. Harbs at 9, Roman at 6, Wink at 2, and front office at 5.
I keep saying, fire John Harbaugh!
Once we get HC ranked top 5, no stopping us.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
While we are on subject of coach rankings. ESPN's Louis Riddick put out a list of the top 10 Head Coaches who are the best in charge.

1) Belichick 2)Reid 3) Doug Pederson 4)Sean Payton 5)Sean McVay 6)Mike Tomlin 7)Pete Caroll 8)Matt Nagy 9)John Harbaugh 10) Jon Gruden

Everyone will say BB as number one, as for the rest of my list. Reid at number two with his January choke jobs? Too High. I'd put Sean Payton up at 2 with Reid down to 4 and McVay up to 3. 5 would be Harbaugh with Doug Pederson coming at 6. Carroll at 7, Anthony Lynn at 8, Mike Tomlin and Matt Nagy would round out my top 10. Tomlin is ranked near the bottom because how much longer will he keep failing to live up to the hype? I moved him down but missing the playoffs again and more post season misses and he's almost out of the top 10. Nagy at 10 just because he needs to prove himself more.

I put Harbaugh at 5 due to the fact he was able to mid season with his job on the line, switch the entire playbook around to accommodate a rookie QB and go 6-1 in the final 7 games in order to end a 3 year post season drought and the fact the team never quit on him when there were times in the last few seasons I thought it would be the case. So many rumors whether we would trade him, would we fire him, who was our next coach, etc. 3 consecutive years of no January football and you think he was done, players continued to play hard for him and believe in his message and the rah rah speeches. Harbs is a top 5 HC no matter what anyone says.

I keep saying, fire John Harbaugh!
Once we get HC ranked top 5, no stopping us.

Hey yeh, let's just get a top 5 HC! Why has no-one thought of that before?

I have a sneaky feeling that life after Harbaugh would not be as rosy as many expect. Sure, we could do a little better, but we could do a LOT worse. Those better coaches aren't becoming available any time soon, so you'd have to punt on potential and take the lumps that come with that risk.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
the whole 2017 draft class looking like it maybe one of worse. Well other than hump.. this year is gonna let us know whats up.