• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is COMPLETELY random, but I have a thought for the random thought thread

I think the ravens and chiefs are gonna end up the next great out-of-division rivalry. Here’s why:

It started last year, mahomes in year 1, Lamar in his 3rd week. Highly contrasting teams playing a heart thumping game that went to OT, ravens and Lamar made a statement that day, chiefs squeaked out the win.

This year, week 3(just like Lamar’s 3rd week last year), still contrasting teams, 2 QBs that many consider the leaders of the new school along with baker, except now that run first team from last year can legitimately go shot for shot with an incredibly explosive roster and coaches to maximize it. The chiefs are gonna be the most explosive offense in the league probably for the better part of a decade, and it appears only one team can slow them down, the ravens. They will hang 30+ a week on everyone and make defenses look silly, but the ravens will kick their asses with defense and then go score for score with them on offense, we will be the only team that can do so. while they outscore anyone at will, they have to stop our offense AND defense and will have trouble consistently doing so, and a lot of high stakes, heart pounding, back and forth games will result.

I just have a feeling that week 3 is gonna be an EPIC showdown and will set the stage for the dawning of a new great rivalry, one that’s gonna define the first half of the 2020s for the AFC

i hope you're right - and patrick mahomes seems to agree with you - he kind of inferred as much after they beat us last year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I think the ravens and chiefs are gonna end up the next great out-of-division rivalry. Here’s why:

It started last year, mahomes in year 1, Lamar in his 3rd week. Highly contrasting teams playing a heart thumping game that went to OT, ravens and Lamar made a statement that day, chiefs squeaked out the win.

This year, week 3(just like Lamar’s 3rd week last year), still contrasting teams, 2 QBs that many consider the leaders of the new school along with baker, except now that run first team from last year can legitimately go shot for shot with an incredibly explosive roster and coaches to maximize it. The chiefs are gonna be the most explosive offense in the league probably for the better part of a decade, and it appears only one team can slow them down, the ravens. They will hang 30+ a week on everyone and make defenses look silly, but the ravens will kick their asses with defense and then go score for score with them on offense, we will be the only team that can do so. while they outscore anyone at will, they have to stop our offense AND defense and will have trouble consistently doing so, and a lot of high stakes, heart pounding, back and forth games will result.

I just have a feeling that week 3 is gonna be an EPIC showdown and will set the stage for the dawning of a new great rivalry, one that’s gonna define the first half of the 2020s for the AFC
Sorry to burst your bubble, but LJ's 4th game in 2018 was the Chiefs. We played the Bengals, Raiders then the Falcons

I hope that rivalry between us and the Chiefs does happen. It would make sense with Harbaugh and Reid coming from the same tree and working together in Philly. I don't think it will be a hatred rivalry like the Cardinals and the Hawks or the Cowboys and the Skins or the Colts and Pats, but a rivalry built on respect, if in fact it does happen.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

And imagine if they'd alter the home team every game...

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I like it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
with only carr and hump... im not liking our chances vs any top passing team such as KC and pats
With no tyreek hill, I very much like our chances.

No hill hurts them way worse than no jimmy hurts us. We lost a quality corner that we’ve won games without for years with lesser defenses, tyreek hill on the other hand is a total game breaker

Tank

Hall of Famer
2 things:

1. The dolphins are bad, terrible in fact.
2. The ravens executed their game plan, almost to perfection. They did not play down to the competition, and they kept the pedal to the metal.

I would think we will be able to better measure this team in week 3.
Yeah the Chiefs D is not what you would call strong but their offense even without Hill is one of the tougher tests on the schedule, especially at Arrowhead. Obviously it will be more difficult than the first two and as you say give a better measure of where we stand. Should be a great game.

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

I was watching some Lamar highlights from last year and the Dolphins game, and it just made me more excited for the rematch.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, really chaps my ass that we have to play in ARROWHEAD vs the CHIEFS 2 years straight. Who tf decided this?

Oh well, when we face them in the playoffs it’ll be in Baltimore
we only alternate the games of the divisions we are scheduled to play, not the teams we play based on finish the previous season. That would never work when you are dealing with 32 teams.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
With no tyreek hill, I very much like our chances.

No hill hurts them way worse than no jimmy hurts us. We lost a quality corner that we’ve won games without for years with lesser defenses, tyreek hill on the other hand is a total game breaker
Watkins, kelce and rookie harmon are all explosive

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.html

cover2.jpg