• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This accusation is bullshid. He left a paper trail right in the hands of the victim if it was any kind of rape or sexual assault, nobody in his position would do that in this day and age. All he said was that he... finished... on her back, nothing about that implies any lack of consent what so ever

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
This accusation is bullshid. He left a paper trail right in the hands of the victim if it was any kind of rape or sexual assault, nobody in his position would do that in this day and age. All he said was that he... finished... on her back, nothing about that implies any lack of consent what so ever

Ya, if I'm her I'm more worried about the counter suit because what she showed doesn't support her accusation which means he might have things that outright disprove it.

If those messages are real theyre going to have to be timestamp verified, also I believe this is a civil lawsuit not a criminal case, and the date of the alleged assault was two years ago. She wants a payout and the nosediving public opinion of AB seems to have presented the right opportunity.

I don't like AB or the Pats, but this is sketchy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d like to see us go for a lot of fake punts, and I want them to be unpredictable as hell. Don’t save them for obvious situations like down by 2 at the 50 with 3:00 left, I mean exactly like what we did to Miami, keep teams very weary of it, use it to pile on leads, use it to keep time of possession, think what the saints did in the super bowl with the onside kick at halftime, just be surprising and consistent with it. If teams are scared enough of it, big punt returns will result and we will start drives with great field position often

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’d like to see us go for a lot of fake punts, and I want them to be unpredictable as hell. Don’t save them for obvious situations like down by 2 at the 50 with 3:00 left, I mean exactly like what we did to Miami, keep teams very weary of it, use it to pile on leads, use it to keep time of possession, think what the saints did in the super bowl with the onside kick at halftime, just be surprising and consistent with it. If teams are scared enough of it, big punt returns will result and we will start drives with great field position often
I would agree and I'd bet we would have a high percentage of fake punts that work. Of course the more you do it the more other teams will be prepared for it. I'd also like to go for it more frequently on 4th down and short yardage. I believe Harbaugh went for it on 4th down more than any coach last season. I'd like to see that continue and increase.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I would agree and I'd bet we would have a high percentage of fake punts that work. Of course the more you do it the more other teams will be prepared for it. I'd also like to go for it more frequently on 4th down and short yardage. I believe Harbaugh went for it on 4th down more than any coach last season. I'd like to see that continue and increase.
i feel like sean payton probably led, and i feel like the top 2 will always be payton and harbs, harbs has always liked going for it on 4th, but the fake punts/kicks seem like they werent too often.

but yeah, if our defense is as good as it can/should be, and we can trust them to force a 3 and out from the 50 more often than not, and were dominating with TOP, then i like the idea.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
So apparently the Browns decided to ban the fan who threw beer on Logan Ryan but ended up banning the wrong fan who had not been at a game since 2010...

Apparently its not just the players who can't do their jobs

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
So apparently the Browns decided to ban the fan who threw beer on Logan Ryan but ended up banning the wrong fan who had not been at a game since 2010...

I think the worst part of this whole thing is how many people seem to be defending the fan and claiming that he shouldn't get banned. Like, yeah, if you're a player then you probably shouldn't hop into the opposing team's stands, but that doesn't give fans the right to act like complete asshats.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Yeah, it's the Browns FO and the fan who couldn't find the stadium since 2010