• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Dolphins give Minkah Fitzpatrick permission to seek a trade........ come on Eric!

Last edited:

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dolphins give Minkah Fitzpatrick permission to seek a trade........ come on Eric!

I assume they want a second... so okay signed sealed delivered... better then Ravens would use it.

Edit: upon thinking probably want a 1st still for him to have more tua ammunition

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where would Minkah fit with this defense? SS? FS? CB? NB?

He was great in the nickel role last year. Tavon out for the year. Imagine Carr and Humphrey on the outside, with fitz in the slot.

Dolphins asking price might be too high though.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I couldn't help but wonder after seeing the Panthers miserable offensive performance led by Cam Newton (he's far worse a thrower than LJ ever was btw regardless of his shoulder surgery), about Gerald McCoy the dude who snubbed the Ravens to play for the Panthers. Regardless of his reasoning for doing so, he must be feeling a little miserable seeing he placed the wrong bet by choosing Carolina.

However, I am unforgiving to people that don't appreciate us so I'm happy the Panthers stank and McCoy lost.

purp

Practice Squad
I couldn't help but wonder after seeing the Panthers miserable offensive performance led by Cam Newton (he's far worse a thrower than LJ ever was btw regardless of his shoulder surgery), about Gerald McCoy the dude who snubbed the Ravens to play for the Panthers. Regardless of his reasoning for doing so, he must be feeling a little miserable seeing he placed the wrong bet by choosing Carolina.

However, I am unforgiving to people that don't appreciate us so I'm happy the Panthers stank and McCoy lost.

Meh, it's a long season. I still like the Panthers to challenge for the division. I expect the Falcons to bounce back too.

purp

Practice Squad
Unlikely, but how funny would it be if he came here after getting destroyed by us?

Could fix our problems in the slot short term, get BCarr back outside and then groom as our FS of the future behind Earl when Tavon is back.

This isn't Matt Elam, his talent didn't just disappear. He's gotten some of the worst coaching I've ever seen over the year and change he's been in the league. They played him at FIVE different positions last year as a rookie. Insane.

However...I do think DeCosta would kill himself before he gave up another 2nd round pick. Maybe a player (Chuck Clark?) and a couple 3rds? Although I would hate to see Chuck go.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Meh, it's a long season. I still like the Panthers to challenge for the division. I expect the Falcons to bounce back too.
I just heard somewhere (Rich Eisen maybe) that the statistic to make the playoffs after losing 2 games to begin a season are really low. So, I'm not sure your hypothesis is correct. I think they'll have a losing season this year. I don't know about the Falcons because I didn't see their game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He was great in the nickel role last year. Tavon out for the year. Imagine Carr and Humphrey on the outside, with fitz in the slot.

Dolphins asking price might be too high though.
Reportedly he’s unhappy with his role, which I believe has been mostly nickel.

So I’m not so sure he would be happy here and I really don’t feel a 1st is worth it. Frankly he’s only been good so far, not great.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Reportedly he’s unhappy with his role, which I believe has been mostly nickel.

So I’m not so sure he would be happy here and I really don’t feel a 1st is worth it. Frankly he’s only been good so far, not great.

i think a team would offer a 2nd for him - you'd still have 4 years of team control (with the 5th year option), he's already proven to be a good (albeit not great) player but for a known commodity that's kind of what you hope you get from most 2nd round picks anyway isnt it?

not sure any team would give up a 1st for him

with regards to his role - he's been unhappy with his playing time in miami when he plays as the slot cb which is odd because that's where hes played his best football so far in the nfl - not as a safety

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Free agent WR Torrey Smith has announced his retirement after eight NFL seasons.
Smith went to training camp with the Panthers this summer but didn't make their final 53. One of the better deep threats in football during his prime, Smith will finish his career with 319 catches for 5,141 yards and 41 touchdowns over 119 games between Baltimore, San Francisco, Philadelphia and Carolina. The 30-year-old Maryland alum won two Super Bowl rings (one each with Baltimore and Philadelphia) and also cleared 1,000 yards receiving during his breakout 2013. Smith had been on the decline for some time and likely saw the writing on the wall after being let go by Carolina this summer. You can hear Smith's retirement statement by clicking the link below.