• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Let me just come out and say, as someone who legitimately hates Jalen Ramsey...

I would absolutely trade a first for him and his contract, and in comparison to Minkah it’s even more of a no brainer. If we have that choice with a first rounder, it should be obvious

Minkah fitzpatrick was always overhyped and overrated and he was worth a first round pick IN THE DRAFT only if you had a cb tandem and needed a nickel/SS to become a chess piece. He’s the haasson reddick of DBs, jack of all trades master of none. He’s been a good player, but he’s a guy I’m REALLY happy we didn’t have a chance to draft, and now that he’s 2 years in he’s even less valuable. If we didn’t have a quality safety tandem and even the likes of Levine and Elliott behind them then I would be intrigued but only due to need, and a need that only presented itself due to injury.

Ramsey is a generational talent at corner, and the funny part is... Ramsey would probably be even better at safety, as his college tape was unquestionably better when he was a safety and he only switched to corner because corners made the big bucks and got the high draft pedigree. so if age hits or if he sustains some Injuries and loses a step, he can move to safety and probably be better than ever before.

If we traded a 1 for Ramsey, we’re looking at potentially the greatest defense of the “modern” era, in a world where the rules favor the offense and playing defense is nearly impossible, the ravens would make the legion of boom look like the 2018 bengals

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I would absolutely trade a first for him and his contract, and in comparison to Minkah it’s even more of a no brainer. If we have that choice with a first rounder, it should be obvious

Minkah fitzpatrick was always overhyped and overrated and he was worth a first round pick IN THE DRAFT only if you had a cb tandem and needed a nickel/SS to become a chess piece. He’s the haasson reddick of DBs, jack of all trades master of none. He’s been a good player, but he’s a guy I’m REALLY happy we didn’t have a chance to draft, and now that he’s 2 years in he’s even less valuable. If we didn’t have a quality safety tandem and even the likes of Levine and Elliott behind them then I would be intrigued but only due to need, and a need that only presented itself due to injury.

Ramsey is a generational talent at corner, and the funny part is... Ramsey would probably be even better at safety, as his college tape was unquestionably better when he was a safety and he only switched to corner because corners made the big bucks and got the high draft pedigree. so if age hits or if he sustains some Injuries and loses a step, he can move to safety and probably be better than ever before.

If we traded a 1 for Ramsey, we’re looking at potentially the greatest defense of the “modern” era, in a world where the rules favor the offense and playing defense is nearly impossible, the ravens would make the legion of boom look like the 2018 bengals
No.
You've been saying this about AB, too.
Don't need a certified mental case on the team.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No.
You've been saying this about AB, too.
Don't need a certified mental case on the team.
See the thing is though I’m not convinced that AB is a certified mental case... I’m starting to genuinely believe that he acts like it to get himself shipped out of situations he doesn’t wanna be in. He bleached his mustache and turned his head into a koosh ball and started giving crazy ass interviews, and before you know it he was shipped off of the Steelers, he went goddamn insane with the raiders and after many attempts he was released, now he’s got what he wants.

This is the ultimate test for him, if he doesn’t last with the pats this year then you’re right, but I think he just played 2 franchises big time to get himself a ring.

Also, Ramsey is a hothead, but he wasn’t acting like this when the jags were winning, I think he just hates being on a dysfunctional franchise

Also, none of this makes Minkah fitzpatrick any less overrated

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Prior to game one we discussed a successful season for Hollywood would be 50 catches 500 to 600 yards. Although I'm cool with 50 receptions, but at this point, I'm thinking 500 to 600 yards is a disappointment. Thoughts?

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Prior to game one we discussed a successful season for Hollywood would be 50 catches 500 to 600 yards. Although I'm cool with 50 receptions, but at this point, I'm thinking 500 to 600 yards is a disappointment. Thoughts?
At this rate? 500-600 would probably mean injury, so yes absolutely

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What I wanna know is, will Hollywood be healthy... because I’m very worried about the missing practices and taking off huge chunks of the game for 2 weeks straight, and I’m hoping they’re just resting him up and easing him into the season, and he’s not getting banged up and they’re hiding him on the sideline.

That said, if they’re just easing him in, then holy hell imagine him when he gets healthy and a full dosage of targets... we see a heavy snap count early and we DOMINATE and then he’s off the field for most of the game and we take a step back it seems.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What I wanna know is, will Hollywood be healthy... because I’m very worried about the missing practices and taking off huge chunks of the game for 2 weeks straight, and I’m hoping they’re just resting him up and easing him into the season, and he’s not getting banged up and they’re hiding him on the sideline.

That said, if they’re just easing him in, then holy hell imagine him when he gets healthy and a full dosage of targets... we see a heavy snap count early and we DOMINATE and then he’s off the field for most of the game and we take a step back it seems.
it's definitely part of his easing into the lineup and giving him rest. He's a baller though. @rossihunter2 you called it

At this point, Hollywood has 12 catches for 233 yards or something like that. When he starts playing more, watch out NFL.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it's definitely part of his easing into the lineup and giving him rest. He's a baller though. @rossihunter2 you called it

At this point, Hollywood has 12 catches for 233 yards or something like that. When he starts playing more, watch out NFL.
I LOVE how hard the defense bit on that pump fake after the jet motion on the andrews TD, defenses are scared shitless

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I LOVE how hard the defense bit on that pump fake after the jet motion on the andrews TD, defenses are scared shitless
Watching Lamar and the rest of this offense is really exciting, even moreso considering how young they all are.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I really hope with Lamar at QB we can finally put the Bengals in their place. Flacco always struggled against them.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

I was a big fan of Ramsey the prospect and player and while you can make that argument that he doesn’t like being on a dysfunctional team, I think it’s a decision this team will not entertain for a first round pick. A 3rd or 4th yes, but not a 1st because you still need to pay him and he is likely to cause drama during those negotiations and he is likely to cause drama after. You get him knowing you’ll get drama. I don’t think he’s a guy Harbaugh would be thrilled to have here. That said I would support the guy big time if he was here and hope you’re right but I don’t think the team makes that move.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I really hope with Lamar at QB we can finally put the Bengals in their place. Flacco always struggled against them.
he beat them once last year in his first game. I'm hoping he continues that trend this year. We definitely need to lay those demons to rest.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Breaking News:

Hollywood Brown was with Antonio Brown on the night of the alleged rape. He hasn't been accused of any actions, but the NFL will be interviewing him. The suit says he was with both Antonio Brown and the victim.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2...player-in-the-antonio-brown-lawsuit-baltimore

So the creepy text messages basically only say that AB did anything, nothing about Hollywood. Hopefully he'll be cleared and AB gets what he deserves after seeing those text messages.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
According to OTC.... we are in the Top 10 when it comes to projected Cap Space in 2020.

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1173263659176484864

1 Dolphins- $113.5M
2 Colts- $103.5M
3 Raiders- $84.5M
4 Bills- $84M
5 Texans- $83.1M
6 Cowboys- $82.5M
7 Cardinals- $71.5M
8 Seahawks- $69.9M
9 Ravens- $62.5M
10 Browns- $60.6M

ImportantTallBigmouthbass-size_restricted.gif

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
According to OTC.... we are in the Top 10 when it comes to projected Cap Space in 2020.

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1173263659176484864

1 Dolphins- $113.5M
2 Colts- $103.5M
3 Raiders- $84.5M
4 Bills- $84M
5 Texans- $83.1M
6 Cowboys- $82.5M
7 Cardinals- $71.5M
8 Seahawks- $69.9M
9 Ravens- $62.5M
10 Browns- $60.6M

It looks nice but Stanley, Judon and Pierce drain that number right quick and thats assuming everyone else walks.

I’m really disappointed in Boykin so far. He’s just not getting separation. All the hype on him from camp may have been false. We really need another receiver catching the ball Andrews and Brown can’t be our entire pass game. Also Averett is going to be a reason why we lose a few more games than we should. He’s totally lost in coverage.

It looks nice but Stanley, Judon and Pierce drain that number right quick and thats assuming everyone else walks.
I have a hard time believing Pierce gets resigned and I think Judon is going to have a huge market in FA. I just can’t see DeCosta overspending on an average pass rusher like other teams will.