• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can make a case that Larry Fitz may be the greatest WR of all time and the reason we look passed him is because he has never consistently played with a good QB for more than a few years.

I love that guy.

Also, I think we hit the jackpot with Hollywood Brown. He still looks like he has another gear he can reach. That move he made for a pick up of 5 where he just stopped on a dime and the defender missed him was outrageous to me. He really is fun to watch

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do you guys notice that all of the sudden we have the ability to convert on 3rd and long?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Boykin is suffering from expectation based on pre-season and in relation to Brown.

We have to remember what Brown has done in his first 2 games is nearly unheard of. What Boykin has done in his first 2 games is what most rookie WRs do ... not much.

He hesitated in his route on that cross pattern and Lamar let him know it. He's got to settle down, build chemistry with Lamar and get build confidence.

Exactly - and Lamar let him know it, giving him a hand motion indicating he expected him to continue on his route.
Not saying he’s the same player nor saying he will turn out the same, but Boykin has kinda reminded me of Tandon Doss where he had these big expectations and then didn’t do much I’m hoping he does a lot more than Doss and I think he will

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So I just watched mason Rudolph’s highlights/lowlights vs Seattle and man... what the HELL are these Steelers fans in the comments seeing lmao. He was throwing more checkdowns than joe Flacco, seemed like at least 75% of his completions were for less than 3 yards and nowhere near a first down, one TD was a 0 yard completion on a short drop where McDonald ran across and literally sat uncovered about 4 yards in front of him and then he turned and ran 9 yards for a TD, and then he followed up with a horrible pick on the 2 pt try. the other TD was a solid goal line pass above the defenders head to McDonald. He threw a sideline comeback that was about 3 whole yards in from the sideline, he slammed a couple of screens in the dirt.

Man, he looked BAD, but he didn’t make terrible mistakes so I guess there’s that... these dudes are literally saying that Rudolph is the next Brady and Ben is drew bledsoe. This is madness

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I just watched mason Rudolph’s highlights/lowlights vs Seattle and man... what the HELL are these Steelers fans in the comments seeing lmao. He was throwing more checkdowns than joe Flacco, seemed like at least 75% of his completions were for less than 3 yards and nowhere near a first down, one TD was a 0 yard completion on a short drop where McDonald ran across and literally sat uncovered about 4 yards in front of him and then he turned and ran 9 yards for a TD, and then he followed up with a horrible pick on the 2 pt try. the other TD was a solid goal line pass above the defenders head to McDonald. He threw a sideline comeback that was about 3 whole yards in from the sideline, he slammed a couple of screens in the dirt.

Man, he looked BAD, but he didn’t make terrible mistakes so I guess there’s that... these dudes are literally saying that Rudolph is the next Brady and Ben is drew bledsoe. This is madness
I don't blame them. We would be probably doing the same. What qb actually looks and plays well when they're thrown into a game (and its their 1st start). Teddy Bridgewater was a starter(albeit he wasn't really good) and he looked trash yesterday

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm just mad Lamar will never get to know what it's like to sweep Ben...

Now that I think about it, Suggs probably took this news the hardest.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think they're just clinging to the fact that their offence didnt move with ben but that rudolph moved the offence one way or another - i mean let them cling to whatever they want - they have a defence that's appalling in coverage and an offence that seems toothless and just lost its franchise qb...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i think they're just clinging to the fact that their offence didnt move with ben but that rudolph moved the offence one way or another - i mean let them cling to whatever they want - they have a defence that's appalling in coverage and an offence that seems toothless and just lost its franchise qb...
They spent plenty high picks on secondary last 5 years and it seems that unit is getting worse every season.

I'm just mad Lamar will never get to know what it's like to sweep Ben...

Now that I think about it, Suggs probably took this news the hardest.

Huh?? Is big Jen retiring? It wouldn’t surprise me but didn’t he just sign an extension?

What would the AFCN be like without all the drama? Lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Huh?? Is big Jen retiring? It wouldn’t surprise me but didn’t he just sign an extension?

What would the AFCN be like without all the drama? Lol

Don't know but wouldn't be shocked if he did. this seems like a tough injury to deal with for his style of play and age.