• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I’m really disappointed in Boykin so far. He’s just not getting separation. All the hype on him from camp may have been false. We really need another receiver catching the ball Andrews and Brown can’t be our entire pass game. Also Averett is going to be a reason why we lose a few more games than we should. He’s totally lost in coverage.

I see him being used more as the season progresses. Give it time. Didn't like that drop though. He struggled at times but some of those passes were just great plays.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was a big fan of Ramsey the prospect and player and while you can make that argument that he doesn’t like being on a dysfunctional team, I think it’s a decision this team will not entertain for a first round pick. A 3rd or 4th yes, but not a 1st because you still need to pay him and he is likely to cause drama during those negotiations and he is likely to cause drama after. You get him knowing you’ll get drama. I don’t think he’s a guy Harbaugh would be thrilled to have here. That said I would support the guy big time if he was here and hope you’re right but I don’t think the team makes that move.
Let me clarify that I don’t think the team would give a first for him in any scenario, just that I personally don’t hate the idea

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I am in no way saying this is going to happen I'm just saying that our team is good enough for what I believe is the first time ever that when you look at the remaining schedule, you CAN say that you'd pick us to win each individual game and not be lying to yourself. The two stretches being KC and NE. However, KC I do believe is beatable, and we'll see where Brady is in another month. Regardless, the implications of that are we could possibly go undefeated. Knowing that won't happen, I am confident however this team could go 12 and 4

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I am in no way saying this is going to happen I'm just saying that our team is good enough for what I believe is the first time ever that when you look at the remaining schedule, you CAN say that you'd pick us to win each individual game and not be lying to yourself. The two stretches being KC and NE. However, KC I do believe is beatable, and we'll see where Brady is in another month. Regardless, the implications of that are we could possibly go undefeated. Knowing that won't happen, I am confident however this team could go 12 and 4
I hope no on sees this but i cant believe i kinda agree with you lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Im liking the fact that our offense hasnt reached its full potential. Especially with lamar not taking off even when the lanes are open. Its gonna make it hard for offenses to scheme against us once we get some wrs

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have to pick up another cornerback quickly if we expect to beat great teams like the Chiefs or Patriots.

Missing Young and a healthy Jimmy Smith are exposing what was once a strong area of our team.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We may have to keep judon. Otherwise we are in trouble

I mean judon’s been a consistently great player for us at Sam LB and he’s got a sack in both games to start the year - the last couple of years he’s only got rolling later in the year - if he continues like this we’ll have to pay him and I wouldn’t mind

As long as we get Ronnie extended as well I don’t mind paying judon top dollar at the moment

The 3 big contracts we need to worry about in the next couple of years are Ronnie, Judon, Marlon and Pierce (if we pay him) - might have to see what we do with peanut also

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So the creepy text messages basically only say that AB did anything, nothing about Hollywood. Hopefully he'll be cleared and AB gets what he deserves after seeing those text messages.
Hollywood isn't accused of anything

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m really disappointed in Boykin so far. He’s just not getting separation. All the hype on him from camp may have been false. We really need another receiver catching the ball Andrews and Brown can’t be our entire pass game. Also Averett is going to be a reason why we lose a few more games than we should. He’s totally lost in coverage.
no reason to be disappointed in him. He's played two games and has two catches with a td.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ravens skill player snap. I was surprised that Hollywood had 51 snaps this game and Moore only had 7. Who thought even a month ago that Ricard would have 25 snaps.

WR/TE
Brown - 51
Boyle - 49
Snead - 44
Andrews - 42
Boykin - 38
Hurst - 33
Roberts - 27
Moore - 7

RB/FB
Ingram - 46
Ricard - 25
Edwards - 16
Hill - 16

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What I saw at the game and you saw on TV is that the OL was a disgrace. They were undisciplined and Skura was downright bad. Our running backs had no lanes. If it weren't for Lamar's sheer athleticism we probably wouldn't have won that game. What a warrior he is. The kid truly loves football and its great to see a Ravens QB show some emotion out there rather than some Johnny bravo with $80 haircuts before each game.

We all knew that Andrews was good and probably a pro bowl tight end in the making as early as last year, but he is even better than I thought. It wouldn't surprise me if he had 1200 yards receiving this year and a possible All Pro.

This OL needs to help Lamar, but the versatility of this kid are just stupid hard to stop. I don't really have a whole lot of confidence against a Belichick led defense if we can't get the OL playing disciplined and creating holes but I do think LJ can put the team on his back against just about anybody.

P.S. Averett needs to turn around to learn to turn his head around. He had some plays where Murray just made a great throw and he would have made a great play if he only turned his head around.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ravens skill player snap. I was surprised that Hollywood had 51 snaps this game and Moore only had 7. Who thought even a month ago that Ricard would have 25 snaps.

WR/TE
Brown - 51
Boyle - 49
Snead - 44
Andrews - 42
Boykin - 38
Hurst - 33
Roberts - 27
Moore - 7

RB/FB
Ingram - 46
Ricard - 25
Edwards - 16
Hill - 16

that's a lot of snaps for hollywood but it looked like we managed them pretty well - seemed to take him off the field for periods despite him leading the snap counts

its pretty clear that seth roberts and chris moore are getting snaps as run blockers on offence

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I see him being used more as the season progresses. Give it time. Didn't like that drop though. He struggled at times but some of those passes were just great plays.
that was an extremely difficult catch to make or atleast it seemed as though it was. I saw it live, maybe you saw a better viewpoint. On the replay it looked like LJ led him too much.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
that was an extremely difficult catch to make or atleast it seemed as though it was. I saw it live, maybe you saw a better viewpoint. On the replay it looked like LJ led him too much.

On our viewpoint Lamar threw it like Boykin would keep running but Boykin kinda stopped running.

I think Boykin is suffering from expectation based on pre-season and in relation to Brown.

We have to remember what Brown has done in his first 2 games is nearly unheard of. What Boykin has done in his first 2 games is what most rookie WRs do ... not much.

He hesitated in his route on that cross pattern and Lamar let him know it. He's got to settle down, build chemistry with Lamar and get build confidence.