• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they want and can get 2 1st round picks then kill the Ramsey dreams now. That’ll never happen. I could see a 2nd and a player but no way we do a first round pick.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If they want and can get 2 1st round picks then kill the Ramsey dreams now. That’ll never happen. I could see a 2nd and a player but no way we do a first round pick.
If we wouldnt do a first its probably cause Decosta feel like we have bigger needs. like everyone else though i think KC will grab him. They gotta be able to slow pats down somehow

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah. Far too rich. Still gotta pay the dude too. This isn’t Khalil Mack.
and we tend to be pretty good at drafting CBs. Maybe not Jalen Ramsey level, but pretty darn good, ie Jimmy and Humphrey are pretty good

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
and we tend to be pretty good at drafting CBs. Maybe not Jalen Ramsey level, but pretty darn good, ie Jimmy and Humphrey are pretty good
Well, tbf we wanted Ramsey just couldn’t make it happen. So yeah we wanted a Ramsey level talent.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I didn't want to start a free agency thread yet, so I thought I'd put it here. What do you guys and gals think we do with Peanut, considering he is in a contract year. Do we think we can replace him, is it too early to tell and we wait it out this year to see how he performs as the signal caller. I think it's the latter and I'm not sure we sign him. What would be his worth on the open market?

We need to sign Pierce and maybe Judon and extend Stanley as well. I also believe BWill is either cut this offseason to save 4.3m or we wait until the end of 2020 to cut him so we can save 10m.

Thoughts?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, tbf we wanted Ramsey just couldn’t make it happen. So yeah we wanted a Ramsey level talent.
yep, we were trying to trade up with the Cowboys and didn't want to throw in a 3rd round pick, which turned out to be a bust. That being said, if we had drafted Ramsey we wouldn't have drafted Humphrey the following year. It all has a domino effect. Not saying Hump is as good as Ramsey, but if you throw in attitude well it's obvious who fits in the Ravens locker room. Ramsey is a headcase and I'm not sure I'd want him around here.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I didn't want to start a free agency thread yet, so I thought I'd put it here. What do you guys and gals think we do with Peanut, considering he is in a contract year. Do we think we can replace him, is it too early to tell and we wait it out this year to see how he performs as the signal caller. I think it's the latter and I'm not sure we sign him. What would be his worth on the open market?

We need to sign Pierce and maybe Judon and extend Stanley as well. I also believe BWill is either cut this offseason to save 4.3m or we wait until the end of 2020 to cut him so we can save 10m.

Thoughts?

It'd be nice if there was a way to extend him now. At least tack another year on.

Charm City

Pro Bowler

Thoughts?

I doubt he costs more than 8 mil/year. If we can get him at 4 years and 30 mil I'd be happy

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Jalen Ramsey is a good fit in any secondary. He seems adept at covering men. Pretty sure he'd love to match up against Odell and vice versa.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jalen Ramsey is a good fit in any secondary. He seems adept at covering men. Pretty sure he'd love to match up against Odell and vice versa.
It’s mouth watering to think of him in a Wink-ran defense. Man I hope Jax is willing to let him go for less and we somehow pull this off. We’re not contenders with our current secondary and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take the shades off

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It’s mouth watering to think of him in a Wink-ran defense. Man I hope Jax is willing to let him go for less and we somehow pull this off. We’re not contenders with our current secondary and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take the shades off

I think we are. Earl is still getting acclimated and Jimmy will be back. We always say players need snaps to get better and that's what happening with Averett. Jimmy used to get dusted by double moves, but players get better. AA has all the tools, just needs to get the mental aspect down and the best way is by playing.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think we are. Earl is still getting acclimated and Jimmy will be back. We always say players need snaps to get better and that's what happening with Averett. Jimmy used to get dusted by double moves, but players get better. AA has all the tools, just needs to get the mental aspect down and the best way is by playing.
Yea but I still don’t trust Jimmy when he comes back. Always a chance for an injury. AA has just look absolutely lost out there. Imagine what Mecole or whoever starts in the slot will do to him this Sunday :/ Ramsey and Marlon for years to come would absolutely put us over the top and the thought excites me

Ramsey in a vacuum is easily worth 2 first round picks and if healthy should be an AP player for another 6 years, cornerbacks like him dont just grow on trees. They can replace Marrone, they cant replace Ramsey.

Considering the success rate of the position if you draft two first round corners chances are you'll get one good player and a bust.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Ramsey in a vacuum is easily worth 2 first round picks and if healthy should be an AP player for another 6 years, cornerbacks like him dont just grow on trees. They can replace Marrone, they cant replace Ramsey.

Considering the success rate of the position if you draft two first round corners chances are you'll get one good player and a bust.

Agree. Not only a great skill player, but his talent and athleticism is generational. I told someone they'd be wiser to boot Marrone and keep Ramsey. Said in another thread this man still hasn't missed a game yet.