• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lucky for us, Ray Lewis and other vets are here to take him under their wing.......... wait. Haven't we been here before? Sort of? Love Ramsey's skill, needs to learn when to get himself under control and shake it off. If Wink can handle the drama he could bring, it's a go. If not... it's not.

Our coaching staff is alot more established then what he has in Jacksonville. Not even close. We also have vets and a winning environment.

This isn't even close if you ask me.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
So I agree with both of you... but if this is true, pass. Apparently the asking price is two first rounders.

https://clutchpoints.com/jaguars-ru...-two-first-round-picks-in-jalen-ramsey-trade/

Bringing him in now and trading him in the off-season would be how I would work it, unless he proves a model citizen and then Jimmy Smith is out. His contract might be up anyway, so paying Ramsey another season would be possible. We'll be drafting deep in the 1st round if things continue how we've started. But two first rounders is too steep. The only team that could do that is the Dolphins with the picks they've gotten from trades already and they aren't giving those up. The Jags will get one and maybe a mid rounder...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Most Receiving Yards Through A Receiver's First Two Career Games (Since 1996)
1. Anquan Boldin - 279
2. Marquise Brown - 233
3. Stefon Diggs - 216
4. Will Fuller - 211
5. Terry McLaurin - 187
6. Randy Moss - 184
7. DeAndre Hopkins - 183
2 rookies on that list. Next year will prob be much of the same. Got some great talents comming out

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This is why we need the discussion, he has All Pro potential but his progression has been stunted by injuries. Is an 80% player worth 17 million? what if another Trent Brown emerges and hits free agency or a left tackle falls to us in the draft? these are questions worth asking.
You don’t let left tackles walk, even if they’re playing at 80%. Its the absolute most important re sign for this team probably since we re signed ray and sizzle in the 09 offseason.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm kinda in the same place as you, but in his defense he hasn't been reported to be a detriment to the locker room and he hasn't had any trouble off-field.
The only teouble hes shown is being a little flamboyant in a post game interview. He taljs a lot of trash too but i dont think hes a bad teammate. Just a cocky arrogant athlete

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So I agree with both of you... but if this is true, pass. Apparently the asking price is two first rounders.

https://clutchpoints.com/jaguars-ru...-two-first-round-picks-in-jalen-ramsey-trade/

Bringing him in now and trading him in the off-season would be how I would work it, unless he proves a model citizen and then Jimmy Smith is out. His contract might be up anyway, so paying Ramsey another season would be possible. We'll be drafting deep in the 1st round if things continue how we've started. But two first rounders is too steep. The only team that could do that is the Dolphins with the picks they've gotten from trades already and they aren't giving those up. The Jags will get one and maybe a mid rounder...
I doubt they get that much. Now if it’s a 1st and a 3rd and another mid round pick next year or something, I’d do it in a heart beat

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do the Chiefs have a first round pick because if an AFC team has already offered a pick and a player its probably them (or the Pats but I don'twanna picture that).

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Do the Chiefs have a first round pick because if an AFC team has already offered a pick and a player its probably them (or the Pats but I don'twanna picture that).
I’m not sure about a first, but for what’s it’s worth, a beat writer for the Chiefs doesn’t expect them to trade for Jalen. If it’s the Pats, just hand them the Lombardi and end the season. I wish we were as aggressive as them when it comes to acquiring proven vets.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure about a first, but for what’s it’s worth, a beat writer for the Chiefs doesn’t expect them to trade for Jalen. If it’s the Pats, just hand them the Lombardi and end the season. I wish we were as aggressive as them when it comes to acquiring proven vets.

My hope is that the Ravens did something like offer a 1st and Jimmy so the Jags actually have corners but its probably the damn Pats

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
My hope is that the Ravens did something like offer a 1st and Jimmy so the Jags actually have corners but its probably the damn Pats

1st + our 4th round comp + jimmy smith.

If it was to happen, I think it’s going to happen sooner rather than later. No way will they play him Thursday night if they plan on trading him.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
You know, AA, we Ravens fans are rooting HARD for you, but I have yet to meet a person who wants to be analysis LOL smh

Anthony Averett Jr‏Verified account @antaverettjr_ 5h5 hours ago
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
I swear everyone think they are analysis
1f926-1f3fd-200d-2642-fe0f.png

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Offenses with the most plays using presnap motion through 2 weeks (points per drive rank):
1. Patriots (4th)
2. Ravens (1st)
3. Cowboys (2nd)
I love it.. exactly what i wanted us to do. Sometimes though, it seems like jackson isnt looking up to read the defense during motion. We arent this advanced yet but once we start giving brown those option routes and shit during these motions, shit gonna get real

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I love it.. exactly what i wanted us to do. Sometimes though, it seems like jackson isnt looking up to read the defense during motion. We arent this advanced yet but once we start giving brown those option routes and shit during these motions, shit gonna get real
He read D fine on the first TD vs Cardinals. It was beautiful with faking Hollywood out.

Also, @Deebo813 - have a look at Baldy's game breakdown, there's more great reads by LJ.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Max Kellerman says the Browns are Super Bowl contenders...... after they beat a second and third string QB led Jets team who also had a depleted defense. Stephen A's face was priceless.