• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Getting Ramsey would allow us to focus on another position in the draft because I am almost guaranteeing we go CB with one of our first two picks.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Carr will not be around forever. Jimmy is halfway out the door. Tavon will be back but he'll be really beaten up and an injury risk. That leaves you with maybe 2 starting corners. And injuries happen. That's a scary situation. If the trade is like a first, fifth, and chuck Clark for Jalen Ramsey, I think you pull the trigger.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am pretty jealous of New England being in the AFC East. With them playing in that division, the could actually rest starters against the Jets and Dolphins. They should be a playoff lock and probably rest all starters for the playoffs in week 16. It is not the Patriots fault they are in this division, but I do envy them.
and this is one of the reasons they have won so many super bowls. It gives them an easy route to the number 1 seed and hence a much better chance of getting to the Super Bowl.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
and this is one of the reasons they have won so many super bowls. It gives them an easy route to the number 1 seed and hence a much better chance of getting to the Super Bowl.
Absolutely, that first round bye you get with the 1 seed and home playoff games gives you a huge advantage.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Sorry but if we don’t get Ramsey it would be a huge mistake. We are not contenders with this secondary and Jimmy can’t be trusted when he comes back. We’ll get absolutely shredded by Mahomes and other elite passers

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'd pass on Ramsey. Too much of an annoying, crybaby b*tch.
Well we play a plethora of some solid passers this season so when we get torched don’t get mad. Kyler already torched us and he’s just a rookie. Not looking forward to what Patty does to us Sunday

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Well we play a plethora of some solid passers this season so when we get torched don’t get mad. Kyler already torched us and he’s just a rookie. Not looking forward to what Patty does to us Sunday

I'm not arguing that he wouldn't help. But it's looking like it'll take a lot to get him. Tunsil (with Stills) got two firsts and a second, so the market is Probably high af for Ramsey. He is arguably the best player in the league at a premium position, so I bet it takes two firsts.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The other reason I would probably pull the trigger on Ramsey is that one of the other teams most likely to do so is the Chiefs and stopping them from getting better is also fine motivation.

As we’ve learned, it doesn’t matter. It’s when, not who you’re signing.

And of all the players we have coming up on deals, Judon, pierce, peanut, Stanley, I’d pay Stanley before any of them. You keep a cornerstone LT and that’s what he is. Stanley has played through injuries and still been a very quality LT. You have Trent Williams, Tyron Smith, terron armstead, Taylor lewan, and off the top of my head I can not think of any LT outside of those names I’d take over Stanley, MAYBE Villanueva but I think he’s pretty overrated and the Steelers loaded offense has made his job easier. Stanley is one of the most refined LTs in the league and is a supreme athlete, he gets out into space and blocks the second level and well downfield as well as anyone, his positional and zone blocking is some of the best you’ll find, he’s great on pulls, elite athleticism with a great pass set, low hips to anchor, and tree branch arms forcing a hell of an arc for rushers to get around.

Frankly, if Stanley played at 100% his whole career, you’d be hard pressed to sign a better LT, and even with him playing at 80% he’s been pretty damn excellent. Letting him walk, and idc WHAT the price tag is, would be a gigantic mistake for a team where he’s one of 2 quality OL and a third who may or may not be passable on a given week. This team is doing something special and may see big things over the next 4 or 5 years, you need a LT for that to play out. TL;DR if we let Stanley walk we’ve fucked over the most exciting core this franchise has ever assembled before it gets a chance to reach its potential

This is why we need the discussion, he has All Pro potential but his progression has been stunted by injuries. Is an 80% player worth 17 million? what if another Trent Brown emerges and hits free agency or a left tackle falls to us in the draft? these are questions worth asking.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is why we need the discussion, he has All Pro potential but his progression has been stunted by injuries. Is an 80% player worth 17 million? what if another Trent Brown emerges and hits free agency or a left tackle falls to us in the draft? these are questions worth asking.

A sure-fire left tackle does not make it to where the Ravens will draft and you draft him on the hope that maybe he is as good as Stanley because if not your QB of the future is going to struggle.

Whoever between Stanley and Tunsil signs second will get more and both should be 17 or over because LTs are a very valuable commodity.

Maybe the Ravens 80/20 Pierce, maybe they think they can 80/20 Judon, but there is no way they can find 80% of Stanley for even half of the market because when an even passable LT hits free agency the bidding explodes

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Ramsey is affordable, it would be stupid to look away from a player like THAT.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A sure-fire left tackle does not make it to where the Ravens will draft and you draft him on the hope that maybe he is as good as Stanley because if not your QB of the future is going to struggle.

Whoever between Stanley and Tunsil signs second will get more and both should be 17 or over because LTs are a very valuable commodity.

Maybe the Ravens 80/20 Pierce, maybe they think they can 80/20 Judon, but there is no way they can find 80% of Stanley for even half of the market because when an even passable LT hits free agency the bidding explodes

100% agree - we cant even let stanley hit his final year and play the year on his 5th year option - dont even let him get close to free agency - make him the highest paid tackle in the league and be done with it

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Lucky for us, Ray Lewis and other vets are here to take him under their wing.......... wait. Haven't we been here before? Sort of? Love Ramsey's skill, needs to learn when to get himself under control and shake it off. If Wink can handle the drama he could bring, it's a go. If not... it's not.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Lucky for us, Ray Lewis and other vets are here to take him under their wing.......... wait. Haven't we been here before? Sort of? Love Ramsey's skill, needs to learn when to get himself under control and shake it off. If Wink can handle the drama he could bring, it's a go. If not... it's not.

I'm kinda in the same place as you, but in his defense he hasn't been reported to be a detriment to the locker room and he hasn't had any trouble off-field.