• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Tank

Hall of Famer
Interesting stat - the Chiefs, by far, use the most run/pass options in the nfl on almost 30% of their snaps... that's insane - people said in relation to lamar last year that you couldnt run an nfl offence based on RPOs but the Chiefs are demonstrating on a consistent basis (on almost a 3rd of their snaps) that the concept can put you in a bind as a defence as long as the qb makes the right read

another interesting stat - the browns use RPOs the 2nd most in the NFL at nearly 19% - that's a massive difference between 1st and 2nd

no idea where the ravens rank on the list
This is this exclusively year’s stats?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Alaka was placed on IR. Supposedly he injured his hamstring in practice on Wednesday. I think they are making room to bring someone in.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting stat - the Chiefs, by far, use the most run/pass options in the nfl on almost 30% of their snaps... that's insane - people said in relation to lamar last year that you couldnt run an nfl offence based on RPOs but the Chiefs are demonstrating on a consistent basis (on almost a 3rd of their snaps) that the concept can put you in a bind as a defence as long as the qb makes the right read

another interesting stat - the browns use RPOs the 2nd most in the NFL at nearly 19% - that's a massive difference between 1st and 2nd

no idea where the ravens rank on the list
It strikes me that the way they block the RPO is a little different as well. A lot of their RPO are run off of outside stretch or mid zone.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I swear if Philly gets Jalen. If we don’t get Jalen, we’re doomed. Don’t trust this defense even with Jimmy

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
ORLANDO SCANDRICK
DB, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Eagles signed CB Orlando Scandrick.
This isn't the CB news that Eagles fans were hoping for, but Scandrick should at least be able to provide some depth to a secondary that is in dire need of capable corners. Scandrick spent the entire preseason with the Eagles, so he should be fairly up to speed on the scheme ahead of next week's matchup against the Jets.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter.
Sep 27, 2019, 3:49 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sign of the Times!!!!!!!

IMG_2638.jpg

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Jake TrotterESPN Staff Writer

Antonio Brown jabbed back at Baker Mayfield over Twitter on Saturday, after the Cleveland Browns quarterback referenced Brown in an Instagram comment.

Mayfield initially posted a photo of himself on Instagram from when he was at Oklahoma, with the caption, "Just some undersized Walk On ... Keep that same energy.''

Somebody responded, "Win football games. That speaks louder than these AB'ish style posts ..." Mayfield answered with, "you're right... let me call out my teammates and throw a fit about my helmet then go freeze my feet off."

Brown responded by ripping Mayfield on Twitter.

AB

✔@AB84Should of never been drafted before Lamar Jackson what a big scam
https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1177894617792032769 …

IB @incarceratedbob

Never saw @AB84 get ran down by an officer and tackled @bakermayfield https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18764103/oklahoma-sooners-quarterback-baker-mayfield-arrested …

11:39 PM - Sep 28, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

7,948 people are talking about this

JAAM

Hall of Famer
At least Weddle has earned the right to trash talk. That goofy looking dude Baker is all bark and no bite. He gets on my damn nerves. I hope we slap him silly tomorrow

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
btw, Mile High Miracle was considered the 40th best game of all time.
BS, I'd say.
There is no realistic way 39 games could have brought better football, excitement, drama especially considering Payton was on one side and the best linebacker of all time was playing to extend his career for two more games. All that on -10 degrees Celsius.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
BS, I'd say.
There is no realistic way 39 games could have brought better football, excitement, drama especially considering Payton was on one side and the best linebacker of all time was playing to extend his career for two more games. All that on -10 degrees Celsius.
I totally agree and I wasn't even a fan during that game. That being said there are so many games that should have been higher on this list. Have to wonder how they are coming up with the order. I do remember watching some of these games from the 70s and 80s that were on this list, ie the Holy Roller, Ghost to the Post, Sea of Hands, the Epic in Miami. I could go on and on.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why do analysts keep touring our OL so highly?? I can’t understand it. Cowherd, skip and Shannon, the dudes from the Whitlock show, all these people swear the ravens OL is outstanding...

Do these folks know what kind of difference would be made if this team could draft a good LG? My god that one position alone would probably open up about 10 pages of the playbook and Lamar would see a whole extra 1-1.5 seconds per dropback

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Why do analysts keep touring our OL so highly?? I can’t understand it. Cowherd, skip and Shannon, the dudes from the Whitlock show, all these people swear the ravens OL is outstanding...

Do these folks know what kind of difference would be made if this team could draft a good LG? My god that one position alone would probably open up about 10 pages of the playbook and Lamar would see a whole extra 1-1.5 seconds per dropback
I don't understand it either. That being said, Roman's schemes, having Nick Boyle has essentially a 6th lineman and Lamar at QB makes them better as a team, but individually we could be much better.