• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-5_7-47-9.png

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Packers are apparently pretty grateful to us for our OLB's. (Smith and Williams)
It will be interesting to see what happens with Tim.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Tim turns into a beast with the Packers then I'm gonna be pissed. I'll be happy for him that he finally turned it around and happy for the Packers, but pissed that we wasted his potential.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Tim turns into a beast with the Packers then I'm gonna be pissed. I'll be happy for him that he finally turned it around and happy for the Packers, but pissed that we wasted his potential.

Or he just needed a change of scenery and it was not anything in particular the Ravens did. Some players just need a new team to flourish (and for some reason the Packers really like taking on former Ravens pass rushers)

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Or he just needed a change of scenery and it was not anything in particular the Ravens did. Some players just need a new team to flourish (and for some reason the Packers really like taking on former Ravens pass rushers)

No question, but I'm still gonna be salty if he starts playing great on a new team lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

ALEX COLLINSRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Free agent Alex Collins pled guilty to two misdemeanor charges stemming from his March arrest.
Collins had felony charges dropped, but he'll get probation for possession of a handgun and marijuana. He'll now be subject to the league's personal conduct policy and is facing a likely suspension. Collins is three months removed from breaking his leg and is doubtful to sign with a team this year, but he should get another shot this offseason.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
ALEX COLLINSRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Free agent Alex Collins pled guilty to two misdemeanor charges stemming from his March arrest.
Collins had felony charges dropped, but he'll get probation for possession of a handgun and marijuana. He'll now be subject to the league's personal conduct policy and is facing a likely suspension. Collins is three months removed from breaking his leg and is doubtful to sign with a team this year, but he should get another shot this offseason.
I had no idea he got injured, as well.

I was trying to think of an instance where a Ravens young under performing player has left and then became a beast elsewhere. Can you think of any?

The odd thing with TW is that he was still on his rookie deal. It’s pretty rare for a 3rd round pick to be cut before his rookie deal is up.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
should we pay peirce just for him to end up like williams? Like is it worth it? williams probably on his way out anyway but should we pay just for another run stuffer who doesnt get interior pressure?

Or do we have no choice but to pay him since our run defense will take a big ass blow? We are paying stanley and hump for sure and maybe even judon but pierce really worth it?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was trying to think of an instance where a Ravens young under performing player has left and then became a beast elsewhere. Can you think of any?
it hasn't happened. McPhee had a decent year with the Bears the year he left, but I wouldn't call it a beast.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
should we pay peirce just for him to end up like williams? Like is it worth it? williams probably on his way out anyway but should we pay just for another run stuffer who doesnt get interior pressure?

Or do we have no choice but to pay him since our run defense will take a big ass blow? We are paying stanley and hump for sure and maybe even judon but pierce really worth it?
not sure Williams is on his way out due to only being able to save 4.3m when we cut him (prior to June1). It will cost more to replace him, unless we are doing it with Mack or a PS player and that would be a mistake. I say we keep BWill another year and cut him in 2020 saving 10m against the cap. In regards to Pierce, it really depends on how much he wants. He is better than BWill, but if he wants too much money, I say we let him walk.