• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The 2014 Ravens were a good team. Was that team good enough to win the Super Bowl?
Absolutely. By the time that offense got firing it was all over for the league, Jimmy’s injury late midseason along with a number of other secondary injuries AND horrible depth, tanked a team that nobody was gonna stop in the playoffs

Leagues best run game
Flacco’s best season, extremely efficient
Steve Smith, Torrey Smith, juszczyk, Owen Daniels in a monster season
Leagues best pass rush with sizzle, prime dumervil, McPhee’s best season
Cj mosleys best season was his rookie year in 14, and he was paired with Daryl Smith
Great pass protection

Literally that team was about to crush anyone they faced but the injuries and poor secondary depth allowed 2 separate 14 point comebacks in the same playoff game vs the pats

I expect to see you in the game thread and following the game when we beat them.

Would you like to place a little wager on it???? Put your money where your mouth is.
Ehh nah he’ll be busy if we win. He’s got other things to do in life beside talk about football (but surely seems to find a spare moment if we lose).

He did, just not to death. It did look like he stopped moving for a couple of seconds though. lol
I had to think Marlon was saying “let go of my face mask and I’ll let go of your throat”

Freddie Kitchens can go fuck himself along with anyone else that wants to call Marlon cheap on that play. OBJ went after Marlon first and Marlon just let him know he may want to think twice before doing that again.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
You guys enjoy having Steve Smith play for ya for the short time he was there?
You damn right I did. I would've been celebrating like crazy if we had him in his prime.

The 2014 Ravens were a good team. Was that team good enough to win the Super Bowl?
If injuries to our secondary didn't plague us, we're slapping the shit out of every team after we beat the Pats in the divisional round.

You guys enjoy having Steve Smith play for ya for the short time he was there?
Absolutely. SSS was a great to have around. I’m always looking at guys we bring in FA that “play like a raven” and he embodied that. Fierce and passionate.

I felt like Earl fit that and I’m still hoping he shows us he will.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I had to think Marlon was saying “let go of my face mask and I’ll let go of your throat”

Freddie Kitchens can go [profanity deleted] himself along with anyone else that wants to call Marlon cheap on that play. OBJ went after Marlon first and Marlon just let him know he may want to think twice before doing that again.
What I wanna know is, has Odell Beckham EVER gotten into a tussle on the field and not gotten his ass handed to him? It’s a recurring thing with him and I love it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What I wanna know is, has Odell Beckham EVER gotten into a tussle on the field and not gotten his ass handed to him? It’s a recurring thing with him and I love it.
I believe Josh Norman has done the same thing to him on multiple occasions.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Broncos reportedly approaching total rebuild and possible fire sale coming soon

2 firsts and a third for von Miller

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I really hope we make a move for either Von or Chris Harris

Edit: never mind. Apparently Von isn’t on the block. I’d still make a play for Chris Harris in a heartbeat though

I really hope we make a move for either Von or Chris Harris

Edit: never mind. Apparently Von isn’t on the block. I’d still make a play for Chris Harris in a heartbeat though

Logan Ryan is on his final year, he might be a trade candidate

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The run game has not looked so hot today. where are all the short passes and slants?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
@WaltAnderson

ff22cbb86997dbf6d996ee531afe6da1c163e62842295eb3981258d3301f5094.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We might need to tade for aj green and ramsey then go all oline and front 7 in draft and in free agency lol

one of the most interesting nuggets that came from that awful broadcast we all just watched was that they said Eric DeCosta intended to be incredibly busy in the buildup to the trade deadline

not sure who we're going after but that's a very definitive statement (that to be fair we heard 2nd hand)