• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The odd thing with TW is that he was still on his rookie deal. It’s pretty rare for a 3rd round pick to be cut before his rookie deal is up.

Yeah for that high of a pick but we've also held on for too long sometimes. Arthur Brown as an example. If we're not gonna use them then cut bait.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
should we pay peirce just for him to end up like williams? Like is it worth it? williams probably on his way out anyway but should we pay just for another run stuffer who doesnt get interior pressure?

Or do we have no choice but to pay him since our run defense will take a big ass blow? We are paying stanley and hump for sure and maybe even judon but pierce really worth it?

Of all weeks to ask if the BWill deal was worth it, this is not that time because he showed why it was this week.

Of all weeks to ask if the BWill deal was worth it, this is not that time because he showed why it was this week.
A lot more to do with the lack of investment in that position. We haven’t spent high picks at DT. Of course after this week That BWilliams deal seemed to be worth it, but there are plenty of run stopping tackles in the draft

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
should we pay peirce just for him to end up like williams? Like is it worth it? williams probably on his way out anyway but should we pay just for another run stuffer who doesnt get interior pressure?

Or do we have no choice but to pay him since our run defense will take a big ass blow? We are paying stanley and hump for sure and maybe even judon but pierce really worth it?
We can't pay him. I don't believe it's worth paying run stuffing DTs. You gotta get pressure up the middle these days and imho these types if players can easily be found in the 5th round every year. Yes the might not be as dominant as Williams but they can still get the job done

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah for that high of a pick but we've also held on for too long sometimes. Arthur Brown as an example. If we're not gonna use them then cut bait.

Something was going on behind the scenes I am sure.

It's unfortunte. That falls on me wanting an OLD or DE that gets the QB. I want it to be someone so bad that I root too hard for some of these guys

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You guys enjoy having Steve Smith play for ya for the short time he was there?
Pretty unanimously a fan favorite. Up there with mason and boldin for best FA signing the ravens ever made. LOVED having him here and I was hype when we signed him because he was always one of my all time favorite receivers

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Actually, I think every time we played without him, our run D was total crap. Sometimes with him playing, too but never as bad as when he was missing.

Pretty unanimously a fan favorite. Up there with mason and boldin for best FA signing the ravens ever made. LOVED having him here and I was hype when we signed him because he was always one of my all time favorite receivers

The 2014 Ravens were a good team. Was that team good enough to win the Super Bowl?