• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-25_4-17-11.png

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
No but he was pulled out in 2nd half after clearly playing injured and isn't in practice. Jets medical staff having a deep look into it.
CJ says it feels like pulled muscle and is limiting his every type of movement. Thinks the only way for groin to heal fully is not playing.

just let him play a snap or two and stop screwing us

first urban being cut by the titans forcing us to get rid of bethel and now this?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I thought this was interesting regarding Bethel and his contract.

quote_icon.png
Originally Post
Do they get cap space back now that he's in New England due to offsets?
According to Brian McFarland, no (or at least not yet). See the following Twitter exchange:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Brian McFarland
Bethel has until the end of the season to decide. Until then, the remainder of his 2019 base salary counts against the Cap. If he takes it, it’s done, since it’s already counted. If he doesn’t take it, then the Ravens get credited that amount next yr.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Andrew McFarland
Now that Bethel has signed with the Pat's does that affect his termination pay? I.e. Can he not take it because he has another salary for those games now?

quote_icon.png
No, Bethel can double dip if he chooses to and he has until the end of the season to decide. But, for the time being, the termination pay stays on the Ravens' Cap. There are no offsets.

A1A

Veteran
So we cut Bethal because of the Titans move?? To do what again? Plz someone explain cause it sure does look like the FO didnt think the Pats would make that move and now their pretending like it was planned and want to do it back to them. Only problem is the pats will make it work in their favor while we just did it for a headline.

A1A

Veteran
Ahhh good ol Aaron Adeoye the guy nobody saw coming during the offseason. Remember Board was a starter in this league? Man we need better coaches.

A1A

Veteran
Harbs: "So tell us what do u know about the pats scheme"....Richard's: "I want my lawyer, his name is on this card"...card reads B.B.

While on the other side Bethal is singing like a Canary.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought this was interesting regarding Bethel and his contract.

quote_icon.png
Originally Post
Do they get cap space back now that he's in New England due to offsets?
According to Brian McFarland, no (or at least not yet). See the following Twitter exchange:

quote_icon.png
Bethel has until the end of the season to decide. Until then, the remainder of his 2019 base salary counts against the Cap. If he takes it, it’s done, since it’s already counted. If he doesn’t take it, then the Ravens get credited that amount next yr.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Andrew McFarland
Now that Bethel has signed with the Pat's does that affect his termination pay? I.e. Can he not take it because he has another salary for those games now?

quote_icon.png
No, Bethel can double dip if he chooses to and he has until the end of the season to decide. But, for the time being, the termination pay stays on the Ravens' Cap. There are no offsets.

so we did this for bethel.
how nice of us.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No but he was pulled out in 2nd half after clearly playing injured and isn't in practice. Jets medical staff having a deep look into it.
CJ says it feels like pulled muscle and is limiting his every type of movement. Thinks the only way for groin to heal fully is not playing.

with the way the jets are dealing with this and also the KO thing - what the hell is going on with their medical staff behind the scenes

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
So we cut Bethal because of the Titans move?? To do what again? Plz someone explain cause it sure does look like the FO didnt think the Pats would make that move and now their pretending like it was planned and want to do it back to them. Only problem is the pats will make it work in their favor while we just did it for a headline.
There's no way the FO wouldn't have seen this coming.

A1A

Veteran
There's no way the FO wouldn't have seen this coming.

Man I think u guys give them to much credit. I'm starting to believe that a majority of these guys "in charge" our your basic lil simpletons. I mean i haven't been blown away like wow what a great move! Other than trading the kicker that was more of another dumbass trading with another dumbass.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
2 1st ed picks for a corner that will want 80 million. Yup I would have done that. Lol

If we were offered the same thing as the Jags for Ramsey but for Humphrey? I'd pay Humphrey the $80M and move on, we have to lock him down.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Harbs: "So tell us what do u know about the pats scheme"....Richard's: "I want my lawyer, his name is on this card"...card reads B.B.

While on the other side Bethal is singing like a Canary.

I imagine it's more like:

Bethel: Hey Bill, do you want to know anything about their offense and how to stop Lamar?

Bill: *Insert Bill Belichick Sipping Tea Meme*

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Man I think u guys give them to much credit. I'm starting to believe that a majority of these guys "in charge" our your basic lil simpletons. I mean i haven't been blown away like wow what a great move! Other than trading the kicker that was more of another [profanity deleted] trading with another [profanity deleted].
What are you talking about? If people here knew that Bethel was going to be picked up by the Pats, there's no way Eric wouldn't have any idea that the Pats would be going after Bethel.