• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

I gotta say with the amount of nickel and dime packages we play Im grateful to have such a deep and talented group of cornerbacks. We have a minimum of 4 who could start for other teams.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Quote from Steven Ruiz's usatoday article that i found particularly interesting:

That positional shift [moving closer to the LoS] has helped Thomas immensely. He was perfectly suited for the role of centerfield safety in Seattle’s defense but that deep positioning did limit his play-making opportunities. That’s no longer the case, and Thomas is now a more disruptive force, and I’d even go as far as to say he’s a more valuable player now than he ever was in Seattle because of it.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/11/baltimore-ravens-defense-john-harbaugh-adjustments

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
KingMoose

@Yoshi2052

·
Nov 17

Big respect for Mr. Schwartz. We're all going to make mistakes. Rather than trying to be perfect, we should strive to recognize and rectify them at the earliest opportunity. Mr. Schwartz, welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride!
Quote Tweet

Geoff Schwartz
@geoffschwartz
· Nov 17
Look, I was not a believer in Lamar Jackson but I’m not sure how you can still not believe in him and this offense. They just keep shredding teams. I was wrong about him and more about this offense. Didn’t think it would work. It’s working.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Quote from Steven Ruiz's usatoday article that i found particularly interesting:

That positional shift [moving closer to the LoS] has helped Thomas immensely. He was perfectly suited for the role of centerfield safety in Seattle’s defense but that deep positioning did limit his play-making opportunities. That’s no longer the case, and Thomas is now a more disruptive force, and I’d even go as far as to say he’s a more valuable player now than he ever was in Seattle because of it.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/11/baltimore-ravens-defense-john-harbaugh-adjustments
that's an incredible, if true, considering how valuable he was in the Hawks scheme.

Marshall Yanda press conference

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/marshal-yanda-talks-about-his-job-as-pump-up-guy

Jamison Hensley
@jamisonhensley

Ravens' Marshal Yanda on Lamar Jackson: "Football is No. 1 in his life. Some guys who come through, they like what the game gives them but they don’t necessarily like the game all the time. This kid loves ball. He loves getting better. On Sunday, he’s a competitive son of a gun."

I wonder who hes talking about, Yanda has played his whole pro career here so its obviously a few former Ravens.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I'm not sure how accurate this is - I remember Earl making shitload of plays downfield while at Seattle. He was always all over the place.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
defensively I think we are going to sign Marcus Peters, Matthew Judon and pick up Carr's option as I feel that's a no brainer. I don't see us signing any big name free agents unless they are on a short contract. We will be letting Pierce and Peanut walk as well as have some lo key but really good signings in the offseason for the DL and LBs.

I see TJ getting cut and I'm not sure what they will be doing with Jimmy Smith. I'd like to see him extended, but at a reasonable price tag, like a two year contract with TJ money, but I'm not sure he would go for that. That being said, we will be getting Elliott back as well as Young next season.

How much is Carrs option, if its similar to Youngs cap hit would we keep both?

Also TJ was extended for special teams and his speed in sub packages do you really think we'll cut him? Tony Jeffersons contract is awful too.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

I didn't like that move at first but he's making plays and Brandon Carr is doing a bangup job playing the deep.